PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cracked Windshield

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Muthafucka! There was a freaking crack on my windshield. Just notice it tonight on my way home. I'm positive it wasn't there this morning. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

How much do you guys think it will cost to replace the windshield if I don't claim insurance????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dj_honda
02-25-2003, 12:34 AM
250$ plus.....but you won't need a new moulding.....so thats a good thing

wait until summertime to do it though, if you really want to replace it

RiCE-DaDDy
02-25-2003, 12:38 AM
how big is the crack?? any pics?
i think u can repair cracks up to 12 inches long. and repairing should be the first choice, since replacing is way more $$.

if u claim insurance, i think u have to pay the deductible. what do u drive? cost depends on car too

bigboom
02-25-2003, 12:39 AM
my spec windshield has a crack as well...im going to try tog et it under waranty. from what i have been hearing a lot of specv's have been getting this. so try it and see what happens...

max_boost
02-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Is it just a little crack? Cause they cost like under $30 to patch it up dude.....

ACS-e36
02-25-2003, 12:48 AM
is it cracked or just the rock in your window now? if its still smaller than a cm you can get it treated so it wont crack anymore... i got it done and its been there for 3 yrs

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2003, 12:56 AM
hehehe ... ahem ... this is an artist conception of the windshield ... hehehe my draw rivals Jeff's hehehe

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2003, 12:59 AM
hopefully I can just repair it but I dunno, it seriously pissed me off tho

I hate other ppl driving my car and that's what'll happen if I take it in to get it serviced.

GingeRRRBeef
Originally posted by bigboom
my spec windshield has a crack as well...im going to try tog et it under waranty. from what i have been hearing a lot of specv's have been getting this. so try it and see what happens...

a'ight cool, lemme know how it goes k?

GingeRRRBeef
Originally posted by szw
i'll trade you my windshield for your door!

I'll give you a cookie!!! You want a cookie?? :D

Weapon_R
02-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Can't repair a crack like that...

Windshields will run you min. 250+

Try tintmaster. He does the cheapest windshields of anyone I know so far...

D'z Nutz
02-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Just for a little clarification, it's chips that can be patched, not cracks. Because once the glass has split, there is no fixing.

I'd give Windshield Surgeons a call as well.

CLiVE
02-25-2003, 01:21 AM
yeah. there are 3 cracks on my celica that just showed up the other night after we washed it...:dunno:

3 cracks at the top of the windshield about 4 - 5 inches long...

speedracer
02-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Windshield would be difficult to get covered under warranty.
Worth a try... (Even then it would take a while for a TSB to show up unless it posed a direct safety risk).

If the crack doesn't obstruct the drivers view I'd wait until just after spring when the city cleans the roads before getting a new windshield.

I'm in the same boat as well :(

PPG :thumbsup: