PDA

View Full Version : Catholic school bans blogging.

Carfanman
12-03-2005, 06:07 PM
http://tinyurl.com/8u9yh

[I'm going to try an keep my personal opinions about compulsory education out of this thread.]
Although I think people who blog about nothing important are a waste of internet space, I still think this is wrong because of the principle here.

Whatever is wrong with blogging, it still isnt the schools place at ALL to tell students what they can and cant do at home.

And then they also say part of the reason is that its not educational.

THEY ARE SPENDING HALF THIER WAKING HOURS IN SCHOOL AND THEN SPENDING AN HOUR OR TWO DOING HOMEWORK!!!! Afterwards, leave them alone!! What right does the school have to tell them how to live when they arent even is school?????

"If someone doesn't like the school's rules and regulations, there are good public schools around here they can feel free to attend," said Stephen Denn, a Vernon parent whose daughter is a junior at Pope John.

I agree! They should. If I was one of those kids, I would leave after this, and I dont even blog! Of course, if I was one of those kids, I wouldnt be in Catholic school in the first place...

ARGGGH!!! this shit pisses me off so badly!

(I wonder if they would allow students to go on beyond? :rofl: )

Goblin
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
:whocares:

im not religious, and all reglions, to me, are a joke. too many contradictions, etc. etc.

catholics like there little boys kneeling down, eh..

talonboi
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
:whocares:

im not religious, and all reglions, to me, are a joke. too many contradictions, etc. etc.

then dont post:banghead:

l8braker
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
hey carfanman: you should see how the catholic school board is run here in calgary. it's tragic.

soupey
12-03-2005, 06:59 PM
thats stupid, altho i really hate all the online communities like myspace nexopia and calgaryplanet, i think they're pointless and a ton of ppl waste waaaaay too much time and energy setting up a personal profile on it....but either way, if a kid wants to do it, they should be able to, its bs for a school to say that they cant do whatever they want on their own time...the most the school should be doing is raising awareness for parents about the potential dangers of their children having online profiles posted publicly on the net that way they can talk to their kids about it, if not monitor what details their kids let out to strangers...

HillBilly
12-04-2005, 09:40 AM
:whocares: catholics like there little boys kneeling down, eh..

jokes about religion are a very dangerous place to play.

finboy
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by HillBilly

why does jesus not eat m&m's? ;)

tulit
12-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by finboy

why does jesus not eat m&m's? ;)

they keep falling through his hands.

Rockski
12-05-2005, 12:52 AM

thanks, you know you might offend some of us catholics

Originally posted by HillBilly

exactly... unless its a joke thread, just dont bring it up

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

thanks, you know you might offend some of us catholics

And there I was, thinking you would spontaneously burst into flames if you ever stepped into a church.

( You know I'm kidding. :rofl: )

Xtrema
12-05-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm kinda split on this and can sympathize with both side of the debate.

But in the end, I'm happy schools that actually gives a damn to put some control on this. We've been riding this freedom BS for too long. Kids these days lacks direction because the educators hands are tied by parents who are spoiling their kids.

If you don't like the rule, get out. Don't stick around and make it worse for others who think it's a good idea.

Carfanman
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Kids these days lacks direction because the educators hands are tied

Its not the schools job to direct kids, and decide what they can or cant do.
Its not thier right to force their opinions of what is good and what is bad on other people when they arent in school!

Xtrema
12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Its not the schools job to direct kids, and decide what they can or cant do.
Its not thier right to force their opinions of what is good and what is bad on other people when they arent in school!

So if a 12 yr old wanna do crack, it's ok?

If a 47yr old posting as a 13 trying to bone your 14yr old daughter at the back of Walmart, that's ok?

It IS the job of guardians to guide and protect kids until they are proven to be able to protect themselves.

But like I said, if you don't like the rules, go to public system that takes more of a liberal view.

Carfanman
12-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

So if a 12 yr old wanna do crack, it's ok?

If a 47yr old posting as a 13 trying to bone your 14yr old daughter at the back of Walmart, that's ok?

It IS the job of guardians to guide and protect kids until they are proven to be able to protect themselves.

But like I said, if you don't like the rules, go to public system that takes more of a liberal view.

???

You completely misinterpreted what I said. I didnt say its NOBODY'S job. I said its not the schools job. The school is not supposed to tell people what to do outside of school.

Xtrema
12-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman

???

You completely misinterpreted what I said. I didnt say its NOBODY'S job. I said its not the schools job. The school is not supposed to tell people what to do outside of school.

Kids spend 1/2 their lives in school and the other half with their parents. Both parties have a say how the child acts while in each other's custody.

It is not a clear cut that what you do outside of school isn't school's business. If a kid catch a cold and goes to school, everybody catch a cold in school.

cycosis
12-05-2005, 03:17 PM
i think that is retarded. im so glad to be done with highschool