PDA

View Full Version : Windows WONT defrost??

natejj
12-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Alright so after 10 minutes of good scraping this morning.... i get in my car... and i still cant see a thing. Why? because the INSIDE of the windows were totally frosted over as well..... how did his happen? I mean.... is it really that cold? Any way i can stop windows from frosting over on the inside?

AllGoNoShow
12-04-2005, 01:14 PM
RainX has something out, Anti-Fog type thing. Fo rhte insides of windows. I have used RainX on the outside and that shit works so the inside stuff might work as well.

natejj
12-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Do they sell it at crappy tire?

90s_tuner
12-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Do they sell it at crappy tire?
yup

AllGoNoShow
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Wal-mart too, might be cheaper here.

Kobe
12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I have that garbage it sucks...
its $7 for a bottle

natejj
12-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
I have that garbage it sucks...
its $7 for a bottle

So.... it does work? It sucks?

Anyways.... i have never seen a car frost windows on the inside.... what causes this?

Weapon_R
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
A bad seal

dodad
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
it does work just have to do it right. ive used it for like 10years now never had a problem rainx is the way to go.

Kobe
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM

Anyways.... i have never seen a car frost windows on the inside.... what causes this?

I tried it once, I guess it works, but it left makes all over the window, and I had to use windex to take it off..

The exterior stuff works pretty well on rain and snow tho...

GTS Jeff
12-04-2005, 01:53 PM
They're frosted up cuz they're cold and the air in your car is humid.

So turn on the heat, set it to defrost, set the fan to max, and make sure you have fresh air coming in, because it's drier. I always thought this was common sense among people who live in cold environments.

FiveFreshFish
12-04-2005, 01:57 PM

This happens when it's really cold and there's a lot of condensation inside the car, mostly from your breath and evaporating slush on the floormats. The more people you have in the car, the worse it gets. The extreme coldness turns the window fog into ice.

Once the inside ices up, it's really hard to get rid of it. Just takes more time blasting the defrost. Turning on the air con doesn't help much in this case.

SilverBoost
12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Does your heater have a recirc option? Take the air that's already inside rather than air from the outside. Try that.

hampstor
12-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
Does your heater have a recirc option? Take the air that's already inside rather than air from the outside. Try that.

i find doing that always caused my windows to fog up... air inside the car is going to be humid.

barbarian
12-04-2005, 02:42 PM
The colder outside is much dryer than the air inside.

One way to avoid this is when you park, if you had the heat cranked up to something like 28 C in the car, try to bring it back down to 20. The air holds less moisture and there will be less condensation.

seer_claw
12-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Turn on your A/C. I know it sounds weird but it will actually pull moisture out of the air in your car. You can still have the heat set to warm tho. :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw
Turn on your A/C. I know it sounds weird but it will actually pull moisture out of the air in your car. You can still have the heat set to warm tho. :thumbsup:

Thats what I started doing lately.. and it works like a charm to keep the inside from frosting up.. and It still gets toasty warm... However, I'm not sure if its good for the A/C unit.. :dunno:

arian_ma
12-04-2005, 06:06 PM
When you breathe, it frosts up your windows since your breath is so humid.
Wait it out.

2002civic
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
when my car is in defrost mod the a/c automatically turns on so i doubt its bad for the a/c unit

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Thats what I started doing lately.. and it works like a charm to keep the inside from frosting up.. and It still gets toasty warm... However, I'm not sure if its good for the A/C unit.. :dunno:

Nix87
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

It shouldn't have any adverse wear on the AC unit. I know once I set my car to the defrost settings it automatically throws on the compressor.

trikypenguin
12-04-2005, 11:00 PM
haha my car sometimes frosts on the insiode :P

natejj
12-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Windows are fixed. Just scraped em while driving :P

It was snowing inside my car when i was driving, it was fun.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 05:31 AM
smoking in your car will build up a residue on the window that will freeze.. i also think a leaking heater core will cause the windows to fog aswell.

good solution? use some good glass cleaner on your windows and dont smoke in your car :) spray air freshner will fog your windows too

sputnik
12-05-2005, 08:12 AM
How much moisture do you have in your car?
Is your defrost intake clear of snow?
Do you drink coffee in your car?
Do you have the recirculate button lit on your car?

sputnik
12-05-2005, 08:13 AM
It was snowing inside my car when i was driving, it was fun.

Sounds like you have snow jammed in your defrost intake.

/////AMG
12-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Rub lemon on your windows, it'll stop the frosting, seriously!

Someone told me but I've never tried it, do it!

Dooms_Bane
12-05-2005, 08:34 AM
lol lemon? damn never heard of that one sounds like a plan haha

i just have a garage so mine doesn't frost up to nice but what works for me is just jack up the heat let the car warm up and it'll do it's work..

sometimes mine just fog up regurdless.. WHILE i'm driving. just the back passenger windows tho... not to sure how to get rid of that...

but then again when i was a child i remember sitting in cars in the back passenger seats and make weird figures with my toes and palms on the windows.. LOL

so i just found it normal

benyl
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Drsuce
i also think a leaking heater core will cause the windows to fog aswell.

ding ding ding ding ding.

Zero102
12-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Turn off recirculate, set to defrost, fan on medium-high, wait it out.

It is caused by humid air inside of the car, and very cold glass, just like when you get condensation on a pop can fresh out of the fridge.

A/C helps. It isn't bad for the system, since there is a high/low pressure cut-out switch in the system, as well as in most newer cars there is also an anti-icing switch on the evaporator. Once the evaporator temp falls below 2*C, the compressor is shut off. So, it will only actually run for a couple seconds to recirculate the refrigerant, and when it is running, the conditions in the system are such that the compressor will sustain no damage.

Bones21
12-05-2005, 01:10 PM
I had the frost problem the other day. For like 20 min I had the heater on defrost, and it would not defrost worth a shit. So I cracked a window as I was driving(peeking through the little bit on the bottom that was clear) and it immediatly started to clear up.

frostyda9
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by benyl

ding ding ding ding ding.

:thumbsup: Check the HC

HRD2PLZ
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
when my car is in defrost mod the a/c automatically turns on so i doubt its bad for the a/c unit

I think on all of the Honda/Acura products the A/C comes on automatically with the defrost.