PDA

View Full Version : when is it too much?

boi-alien
02-25-2003, 02:42 AM
it was brought to my attention that people post pictures of other peoples cars on the internet, purely to make fun of them. but when is too much??

here's an example, the green del sol at the bottom, it's ok to make fun of the guy's car, but i think the guy went beyond, by actually touching the guy's car.

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=8415

what do you guys think? cause i sure would be pissed if i saw anyone touching any part of my car. i don't care if they make fun of it on the net. i get that alot from FUJI anyways (:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) but i personally think it's too much when the guy actually goes out and touches someone elses property. what about you guys?!

lammer
02-25-2003, 02:47 AM
touching a nother persons property is to far.
making funof it and such is as far as it should get.

AzN_SoL
02-25-2003, 02:56 AM
i think that ok.. it's all good.. i got a huge fucking exhaust... i'm not posing with just a tip or anything.. it's a Tanabe Racing Medalion full cat back.. i worked hard for the money to get that shit.. and i'm sorry that i dont do up my car to your taste... but guess what when i see a pic of my car on the net.. while some disrepecting fuck is touching my shit.. it reallly pisses me off.. anyways.. i better cut off here before i say something that i will regret later..

ninjak84
02-25-2003, 03:01 AM
We have a saying in Europe, that translates to : "He who is bitter towards the property of others, obviously is not satisfied with what he owns."

Don't those guys have anything better to do?

Ben
02-25-2003, 03:09 AM
I'm sure the muffler feels violated.

It depends, I dont care if someone touched my car but leaves it in unaltered unchanged undamaged condition afterwards. But unfortunatly not everyone knows "performance" when they see it and having a big tip is unfortunatly full of a few unliked steriotypes. To some people its bad, to others not so much, its a respect issue.

I dont think its that serious. but thats JMHO

girlRACER
02-25-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by AzN_SoL
i think that ok.. it's all good.. i got a huge fucking exhaust... i'm not posing with just a tip or anything.. it's a Tanabe Racing Medalion full cat back.. i worked hard for the money to get that shit.. and i'm sorry that i dont do up my car to your taste... but guess what when i see a pic of my car on the net.. while some disrepecting fuck is touching my shit.. it reallly pisses me off.. anyways.. i better cut off here before i say something that i will regret later..

Sorry to hear about what happened AzN_SoL :( Can't believe somebody would do that to your car :guns:
I love your car :love: , it's beautiful!!

AzN_SoL
02-25-2003, 03:18 AM
oh yea.. maybe you can blank my plates out a little more than with your head...

girlRACER
02-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Where is the picture? :dunno: I didn't see any on the link.

van
02-25-2003, 03:25 AM
i think he took it down..

buh_buh
02-25-2003, 03:26 AM
that's ok man, one time someone stuck their foot in my exhaust and fisted it in the same night.....

AND my license is in CLEAR view
http://www.virgeweb.com/cars/0521-2002/low/DSCN0914.jpg

haha, I can't find the other one. Maybe Bol can..... haha

AzN_SoL
02-25-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Sorry to hear about what happened AzN_SoL :( Can't believe somebody would do that to your car :guns:
I love your car :love: , it's beautiful!!

thanks girlRACER... means alot to me that you like my car ... since your car is super nice too.. :) missed you at the show.. brother told me you were there.. but i just left for a bit.... hope like our car.. :D

Fuji
02-25-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by boi-alien

what do you guys think? cause i sure would be pissed if i saw anyone touching any part of my car. i don't care if they make fun of it on the net. i get that alot from FUJI anyways (:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) but i personally think it's too much when the guy actually goes out and touches someone elses property. what about you guys?!

Whatever man. I actually like you car! I would rather make more comments about your homosexuality (even though it's ) because it is more fun to watch you deny it!!:rofl: :rofl: just jokes man.

No hard feelings though :D

Maxt
02-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Yah, not to cool to be touching someone else's car....Take a picture fine, touch the car and get your fingers broken...
Whats up with that manifold in that thread, someone needs welding lessons...Maxt

___2PaC___
02-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by lammer
touching a nother persons property is to far.
making funof it and such is as far as it should get.
:werd:

no man taking pictures should be asked, because who knows what that guy will do with those pics right?

Ferio_vti
02-25-2003, 11:06 AM
They pointed out Shadowz Lude and FMIC. What's wrong there??

buh_buh
02-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
They pointed out Shadowz Lude and FMIC. What's wrong there??
its related to the next picture.

shadowz
02-25-2003, 11:43 AM
I didnt put my charge pipes in for the show so that must mean something bad

Glenn 328is
02-25-2003, 11:50 AM
He should post his car.

As far as toughing goes - I don't even touch my car unless I have my Meguiar's Quick Detailer with me.

4G63Power
02-25-2003, 12:02 PM
All I read on that board was a bunch of whining and complaining...if you own an import, it's automatically rice. I guess somewhere in the governing laws it must mention that only domestics are allowed to be in car shows, and are the only cars allowed to be modified.

Don't get me wrong there are many imports that have been done up in bad taste, but equal to that is the number of domestics. A lot of hard work goes into modifying any car...so show some damn respect to others property.

max_boost
02-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Glenn 328is
He should post his car.

As far as toughing goes - I don't even touch my car unless I have my Meguiar's Quick Detailer with me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I don't know, I just find this thread absolutely hilarious! haha

I think those guys were just having a good laugh, don't think they were exactly disrespecting anyone, just like the Hyundai thread! haha:confused:

jdmakkord
02-25-2003, 12:11 PM
And at least they trashed on a sunfire and a mullet truck too, not just imports

4G63Power
02-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Read their other theads on that board and you'll understand my point

shadowz
02-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 4G63Power
Idiots I should kill them lol :guns:

Hakkola
02-25-2003, 12:40 PM

Don't get me wrong there are many imports that have been done up in bad taste, but equal to that is the number of domestics.

:werd: Hahaha, I was driving home from McKenzie last night and there was this white car "powerd by M I T S U B I S H I" I got closer, turns out it was an old ass chrysler...:D

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Gimme a fucking break guys. Show me what damage has been done to that guys car.
he put his hand on the INSIDE of his tip and we never touched his car.
You are welcome to place your hands inside my exhaust.
Being an ethusiast i would never do anything to a car that i wouldn't do to my own. That includes fisting my exhuast. Go to town.
Quit being so sensitive :rolleyes:
Besides, it funny.

sexualbanana
02-25-2003, 01:05 PM
my car was insanely dirty and while i was eating in chinatown, someone decided to write "clean me" on my hood. the result, the words "clean me" etched into my hood after i washed it.

now that sux

mrmattyk
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Sometimes I can't stand the fact that people will hate you for what you've achieved and created.

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
my car was insanely dirty and while i was eating in chinatown, someone decided to write "clean me" on my hood. the result, the words "clean me" etched into my hood after i washed it.

now that sux
Understandable. I would be pissed too.

jdmakkord
02-25-2003, 01:20 PM

I'm a member on that other board too, hell I drive a honda, and take some shit some times. Then again, I think I have established myself there, and can get by without having to cry about what they say about imports. This is the internet, I have read what some members have posted there, and then met them in person......

That.Guy.S30
02-25-2003, 01:44 PM
i agree.. diss them if you want cuz you might not like it. but they work hard to do whatever they do to their car and touchin another guys car is like touchin their "woman". i would be very offended if anyone did that to my jeep. touchin is goin way to far. and somethin that just came up. i hate it when ppl open their doors and hit yours. like fuck! have soem respect! peace

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
Sometimes I can't stand the fact that people will hate you for what you've achieved and created.
To the hypocrites.
Read your posts on the hyundai thread.

To the domestic haters.
I like imports that are done TASTEFULLY. Not including 5" tips.
The JDM integra, my buddys 88 CRX and hollywoods 240 to name a few....

Dont make such a big deal of it, and if it makes you feel better, bash my car.

Superesc
02-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Let's post something more PRODUCTIVE here (Overall forum, not just this thread) then the constant bickering I keep reading ......

SHO OFF
02-25-2003, 07:01 PM
O.K. this is just hillarious. It was me in that pic, with my hand in the muffler. I had no idea it would get a rise like this. I appaulagize to the guy who owns the car, but for everyones information I didn't even touch the inside of the muffler. It was actually big enough to fit my hand. I never judge someone by there car, to each there own. I drive a 4 door family car, you don't think I get bugged, "oh trying to soupe up a family car" or "nice fucking taurus". I just shrug it off, who cares. I like alot of imports but when the exhaust coming out is bigger than that of a diesel truck... come on!!!!!!! And as for the car show, a guy I work with spent $70,000 + dollars and 7 years restoring his mustang. He gets kicked out of the show because a couple imports with rims and lowering springs might be more appealing to someone who doesn't know much about cars. I saw an orange prelude with a non functional turbo and intercooler, don't get me wrong this car was sweet, but maybe close the hood so anyone who knows about this shit wouldn't pick at it.:banghead:

mrmattyk
02-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
Let's post something more PRODUCTIVE here (Overall forum, not just this thread) then the constant bickering I keep reading ......

Yes good call. This should keep you busy for a while

http://www.111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.com/

cocoabrova
02-25-2003, 07:15 PM

Yes good call. This should keep you busy for a while

http://www.111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.com/ Hey that link doesn't work:dunno::rolleyes::poosie::poosie:

mrmattyk
02-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Hey that link doesn't work:dunno::rolleyes::poosie::poosie:

Damn it :banghead:

Umm we cant bash bashing. Sooo how about that local sports team? :D

cocoabrova
02-25-2003, 07:27 PM

Damn it :banghead:

Umm we cant bash bashing. Sooo how about that local sports team? :D I like boobies:poosie: AND my view on this topic is it doesn't matter if the person is fisting my muffler or leaning on my car or whatever.... You're gonna get a "talkin' to":thumbsup:

choweyt3t4
02-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Idiots I should kill them lol :guns:

relax my homie,as the saying goes what goes around comes around no need to get all worked up over something coming from closed minded people like that.when we get your car running well see who gets the last laugh;)

SHO OFF
02-25-2003, 10:11 PM
I don't see the big deal with touching someones exhaust. Big woop. Now if I were to touch his paint or something, fine bitch about it, you would have the right. Like if I were to put my hands on his wing, to make it look like I was pushing a shopping cart, than you could get pissed.
But when I see something like a 4inch tip when a guy only has at most 2inch exhaust the whole way through, it boggles my mind as to what the point is. Or a wing that is 2 feet tall, but the car will never reach speeds to need such a down force. I know those wings are for looks but on the small cars they just look way to huge.

Toms-Celica
02-25-2003, 10:26 PM
HAhahahahaha :tongue:

THREE40SEVEN
02-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4

.when we get your car running well see who gets the last laugh;)
Is that a challenge?;)

SHO OFF
02-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Alright I pm'd the guy who's car I fisted and personally apologized so I think it is fair to say this topic is over and done with. We all have our opinions and some people(like myself) sometimes express it too much.:D

jdmakkord
02-26-2003, 01:35 AM
done! Can someone close this thread now???