PDA

View Full Version : I'm fucking addicted to

Vypros
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Coffee....I cant stop drinking it.

I'll make a pot, pour a cup, and drink it straight black. I'm averaging (a full pot is 12 cups) 3 pots a day.

Everyone asked me what I want for christmas, I told them all to chip in for a $100 Tim Hortons gift certificate.

:( i guess its better than my previous addiction to pepsi and coke

Weapon_R
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a serious health concern. I've read that excessive coffee can lead to a whole load of health problems.

Vypros
12-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Sounds like a serious health concern. I've read that excessive coffee can lead to a whole load of health problems. Got any to list? I don't see nothing wrong with it. It's just coffee, right?

heinz256
12-04-2005, 08:25 PM
wow! 36 cups of coffee per day?! Do you have trouble going to sleep?

Newk
12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
About 8 years ago I was drinking 2 pots a day and it was really messing me up. Since I decided to quit I may have had about 4 cups.

ca2p3r
12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
dude your worse then a crackhead!

Vypros
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
wow! 36 cups of coffee per day?! Do you have trouble going to sleep? caffeine doesn't have any physical or mental effects on my body? it actually makes me sleep better knowing my belly is warm with coffee goodness.

Shaolin
12-04-2005, 08:34 PM
I've never heard someone go through that much coffee.. I have one cup of coffee and my head was buzzing the whole afternoon.. I was bouncing off walls in the office.. now I don't drink it anymore

treg50
12-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Now you talking crazy man! You gotta fight it, I know you're still in there somewhere man!!!! Hold on Smitty, hold on!

Raz2
12-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Well for one: Coffee is very acidic and can cause what some people might know as a bleeding ulcer (hope you like stomache pains!) - Caffeine in extreme doses over extended periods time can cause hallucinations and a complete elimination of naturally produced melatonin (inability to sleep naturally)

For another: Look at your teeth, are they nice and yellow/brown yet? Take up smoking too! :)

Other than that, coffee rules!@ ... Well... I used to like it untill I got my ulcer ;)

- Rasmus

theken
12-04-2005, 08:46 PM
i drink coffee and caffeine has no effect on me that i have noticed, it doesnt make me hyper or anyting, pop or arush or redbull it all does nothing

JAYMEZ
12-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Holy crap you drink alot of coffee , and if anyone tells you nothing is wrong with that , they are very wrong. To much of anything can be bad for you.

DJ Lazy
Originally posted by theken
i drink coffee and caffeine has no effect on me that i have noticed, it doesnt make me hyper or anyting, pop or arush or redbull it all does nothing

:werd:
I drink unreal amounts of Coca-Cola.... In the past 24 hrs I have drank 1 - 2L Bottle and 3 cans... Sleep my normal hours, not hyper, etc etc...

Raz2

Then you have the chemical imbalance known as ADD/ADHD, and "uppers" have little to no effect.

Ask someone who has ADHD what happens if they sniff a line of coke or eat 200mg of dex. They get cotton mouth, and thats about it.

- Rasmus

Raz2
12-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh, that or you guys have all built unreal tolerances towards caffeine :)

- Rasmus

dufferson
thats because caffeine is addictive? bleeding ulcers and arrhythmia not good. moderation is key.

dufferson
double posty, sorry too much coffee. :D

Raz2
12-04-2005, 08:52 PM

theken
12-04-2005, 08:59 PM
yeah i dont think i have add or adhd, i dont drink much pop, or caffeine products, so i havent built up a tolerance. a couple days ago i drank 7 a-rush, 5 of those starbucks frappacino's in the glass bottle, and a coffee in the day (i work at pepsi and a couple cases "broke") and yeah no ill effects. I am not a hyper person as it is and never have been so i dont think add or adhd will be the cure for that dr rasmus :D

Kobe
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
http://www.drmirkin.com/archive/6344.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-09-30-caffeine-usat_x.htm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2002052772_coffee03.html

szw
12-04-2005, 09:01 PM
You definately should try to cut down. There are many things available to help you with this. I recommend this (http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/rubriques/b/b10_drogue/cocaine/cocaine-snif.jpg)

Lexxan
12-04-2005, 09:05 PM
^ lol

djayz
12-04-2005, 09:05 PM
holy shit thats alot of coffee

i dont see how it is so addictive for some people
i drink it occasionaly but im not addicted to it. It tastes good but doesnt wake me up or anything.
but yah a few months down the road your going to have serious problems if you dont start cutting down right now

Vypros
12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't get any feelingsfrom caffeine. I've drank 10 redbulls in 15 minutes, and my pulse didnt even go up at all. It actually went down a couple bpm.

pinoyhero
12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Coffee and pop are both rot gut man, try to get away from it, try tea...

Vypros
12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Fucking hell :( How come I can't ever find an addiction that is GOOD for me.

Darkane
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
I don't get any feelingsfrom caffeine. I've drank 10 redbulls in 15 minutes, and my pulse didnt even go up at all. It actually went down a couple bpm.

LOL, That is one of the biggest bullshit statements Ive seen here. Sure your pulse may have stayed the same, Try your Blood pressure next time. Also your a moron if your think coffee wont do anything to you. your nervous system for one is taking a beating. Do yourself a favor and quit posting Lies. Im sure you dont drink 3 pots a day.

:whocares: :english: :closed:

Raz2
12-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Fucking hell :( How come I can't ever find an addiction that is GOOD for me.

I'm addicted to driving... it's not super bad for you :)

Raz2
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
yeah i dont think i have add or adhd, i dont drink much pop, or caffeine products, so i havent built up a tolerance. a couple days ago i drank 7 a-rush, 5 of those starbucks frappacino's in the glass bottle, and a coffee in the day (i work at pepsi and a couple cases "broke") and yeah no ill effects. I am not a hyper person as it is and never have been so i dont think add or adhd will be the cure for that dr rasmus :D

Well, then all I can say to explain your abnormal tolerance must be that you are a mutant, and you also breathe fire - and see in the dark. Yes, that's it.

- Dr. Rasmus.

SteveMo600
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Most addictions aren't good for you...lol!

Vypros
12-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

LOL, That is one of the biggest bullshit statements Ive seen here. Sure your pulse may have stayed the same, Try your Blood pressure next time. Also your a moron if your think coffee wont do anything to you. your nervous system for one is taking a beating. Do yourself a favor and quit posting Lies. Im sure you dont drink 3 pots a day.

:whocares: :english: :closed: You're an idiot.

Each pot contains "12 cups" which equivelates to an average of 1 actual cup of coffee. Which means that "12 cups" gives me 6 in a regular coffee cup youd use while sitting at tim hortons.

Now, fuck off, and go crawl back into the dank hole you came out of. Shithead.

Pee_Sack
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I used to drink anywhere from 2-10 litres of pepsi per day

I worked at A&W and we got free pop, so I would grab one of those huge glasses and drink about 6-10 of those per shift, then go home and have a case of pepsi before bed.

One day I decided to quit, and in the past ~year I have only had the occasional pop

doublepostwhore
12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
So you are asking for help yet when someone is offering THEIR opinion you choose to cut them down? I realise that he was being condecending and rude, but that is no reason to reciprocate the hate.

Caffiene IS bad for you when abused. Any stimulant is, and dont say just because its grown its natural therfore good for you. Food for thought, Cocaine is derived from a plant, and is in most part pure even after it has undergone its synthesis.

I would recommend you go see a doctor, you live in calgary so it wont cost you a penny to go and get a proffessional opinion.

Dr. R is correct with his stomache ulcers, Trust me (even though I havent had one) they are painful and only open doors to a world of pain and suffering that you dont want.

Try to wein yourself off coffee and on to fruit juices (preferably that of a mix with lesser acidic fruit like apples and bananas (actually they are basic!) a nice cup of fruit juice helps you wake up and feel fresher then a cup of joe.

Vypros
12-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
So you are asking for help yet when someone is offering THEIR opinion you choose to cut them down? I realise that he was being condecending and rude, but that is no reason to reciprocate the hate.

Caffiene IS bad for you when abused. Any stimulant is, and dont say just because its grown its natural therfore good for you. Food for thought, Cocaine is derived from a plant, and is in most part pure even after it has undergone its synthesis.

I would recommend you go see a doctor, you live in calgary so it wont cost you a penny to go and get a proffessional opinion.

Dr. R is correct with his stomache ulcers, Trust me (even though I havent had one) they are painful and only open doors to a world of pain and suffering that you dont want.

Try to wein yourself off coffee and on to fruit juices (preferably that of a mix with lesser acidic fruit like apples and bananas (actually they are basic!) a nice cup of fruit juice helps you wake up and feel fresher then a cup of joe. I'll cut down my coffee, but any kind of fruit juice, since i can remember, has always given me acid reflux. i burp up stomach acid and my stomach is uncomfortable. So I refuse to drink any kind of fruit juice. I think it's the acid content? as far as the guy i just insulted? bleh. I wasn't asking for advice I was simply stating Im addicted to coffee :) the advice was a bonus. im not going to be nice to some assclown calling me bad names on a message forum. lol

Vypros
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
I used to drink anywhere from 2-10 litres of pepsi per day

I worked at A&W and we got free pop, so I would grab one of those huge glasses and drink about 6-10 of those per shift, then go home and have a case of pepsi before bed.

One day I decided to quit, and in the past ~year I have only had the occasional pop acase of pepsi before you went to sleep? 12 cans? holy shit man.

szw
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
How old are you?

Tyler883
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM
just a little humor......

GOOD GOD, MAN! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH COFFIE!!!

:banghead:

Vypros
12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Lol. It's only a message forum after all!

btw, 23 in march.

Ekliptix
12-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm addicted to the internet. It's affecting my school work.

Vypros
12-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I'm addicted to the internet. It's affecting my school work. What are you taking school for?

Raz2
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
How does milk affect you?

- Rasmus

Ekliptix
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
What are you taking school for?
BAPET at SAIT. (oil)

b_t
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM

It destroyed my productivity at my summer job. Getting pay for two and a half months with nothing to show for it takes some serious brownnosing with your boss :D

Vypros
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Raz2
How does milk affect you?

- Rasmus Milk calms down the acidy taste in my throat for a little while. then when im done drinking it it comes back :)

Euro_Trash
12-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Yea we have an espresso machine now... tim hortens tastes like water now

Darkane
12-05-2005, 12:11 AM
You're an idiot.

Each pot contains "12 cups" which equivelates to an average of 1 actual cup of coffee. Which means that "12 cups" gives me 6 in a regular coffee cup youd use while sitting at tim hortons.

Now, fuck off, and go crawl back into the dank hole you came out of. Shithead.

Interesting come back... So each 12 cup pot of coffee = 1 Actual cup huh? Well I'll have you know the standerd Size for 1 cup is 250ml or 8oz. A can of pop is 12oz.

Now also little bit of info here an XL Coffee from Tim hortons is a 20oz cup. A standard Coffee pot holds 8 cups at 8oz. there are 32oz in a Litre. Using simple math a Standard coffee pot has 64oz in it or Roughly 2 liters. So if im hearing this RIGHT you consume, in a day, 192oz of coffee or 6 Liters. Also that would equal out to slightly more than 9 1/2 Tim hortons extra large Coffees.

So dude, for your own sake either A) quit lieing OR B) seriously quit drinking that much coffee because you will suffer.

Vypros
12-05-2005, 12:46 AM

Interesting come back... So each 12 cup pot of coffee = 1 Actual cup huh? Well I'll have you know the standerd Size for 1 cup is 250ml or 8oz. A can of pop is 12oz.

Now also little bit of info here an XL Coffee from Tim hortons is a 20oz cup. A standard Coffee pot holds 8 cups at 8oz. there are 32oz in a Litre. Using simple math a Standard coffee pot has 64oz in it or Roughly 2 liters. So if im hearing this RIGHT you consume, in a day, 192oz of coffee or 6 Liters. Also that would equal out to slightly more than 9 1/2 Tim hortons extra large Coffees.

So dude, for your own sake either A) quit lieing OR B) seriously quit drinking that much coffee because you will suffer. why would i lie about drinking alot of coffee. i have better things to do.......like go make another pot :)

Vypros
12-05-2005, 12:47 AM

So dude, for your own sake either A) quit lieing OR B) seriously quit drinking that much coffee because you will suffer. why would i lie about drinking alot of coffee. i have better things to do.......like go make another pot :)

l8braker
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
some of you guys take your coffee pretty seriously :nut:

Darkane
12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
why would i lie about drinking alot of coffee. i have better things to do.......like go make another pot :)

Fair enough.

Lanks
12-05-2005, 01:18 AM
So dude, for your own sake either A) quit lieing OR B) seriously quit drinking that much coffee because you will suffer

Coffee will cause a temporary spike in your blood pressure. with you drinking that much, your BP would pretty much be elevated all day. Do a little reading on the effects of hypertension and you may reconsider the amount of coffe you drink. (I did when i ran into some BP issues)

redline_13000
12-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Raz2
Well for one: Coffee is very acidic and can cause what some people might know as a bleeding ulcer (hope you like stomache pains!) - Caffeine in extreme doses over extended periods time can cause hallucinations and a complete elimination of naturally produced melatonin (inability to sleep naturally)

For another: Look at your teeth, are they nice and yellow/brown yet? Take up smoking too! :)

Other than that, coffee rules!@ ... Well... I used to like it untill I got my ulcer ;)

- Rasmus

it took me a year to figure out why my stomache hurt everyday!

GQBalla
12-05-2005, 02:47 AM
well coffee can lead to ulcers or you can drink everyday for about 2 years like me and not be health and smoke a pack a day!

that might give you a ulcer too! gave me one and im only 18....

lol whatever i don smoke no mores and i Hardly even have the occasional drink.

i used to drink alot of coffee too after i stopped drinking and quit smoking also but stopped drinking all caffeine because its juss bad for you!!

im tryin to be healthy agains!

tapout
12-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
dude your worse then a crackhead! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

/////AMG
12-05-2005, 04:13 AM

You can say that again!! :(

~Leah~
12-05-2005, 04:28 AM
I don't even know what to say. That's disgusting and incredibly unhealthy. Gross.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 04:46 AM
All my friends say I'm addicted to Beyond.

I can't say I disagree. :D

abyss
12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
why would i lie about drinking alot of coffee. i have better things to do.......like go make another pot :)

Have you ever tried to go a week without drinking any coffee? Try that and let us know how you feel. You should find out pretty quick what it's doing to you.

sputnik
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I would be worried about my kidneys if I was drinking that much coffee.