PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the hatred toward mustangs?

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 05:52 AM
just wondering.... having owned both imports and domestics ( right now i have a 96 GT and a 96 Mystic Cobra) love em both. however, i just wonder why alot of the import croud have a hatred for mustangs.

They are somwhat cheap, pretty powerfull stock, and have a nearly endless aftermarket, lots of body styles to choose from etc. now im not claiming that my mustang is uber power, as a performance benchmark, i would compair it to a stock s2000 (my GT has a midpipe, intake, wires and mufflers.) i raced a yellow one (he had a passenger, as did i) and we were dead even from a roll

i also must say that after having driven a v8 sportscar for over a year, then going to an average 4 cyl is PAINFULL (took my dads 00 Jetta 2.0L upto edmonton and passing on the highway really was like watching paint dry)

i dont want to start a flame war here, just wanting to hear why people dont like mustangs :)

snowboard
12-05-2005, 05:55 AM
and a mystic cobra is?

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 06:12 AM
basicly... a cobra :)
it was only made in 96 and only 1999 were made.
the "Mystic" is the BASF paint from the factory... chameleon(sp?)
1990 were made with leather, only 9 with cloth interiors. i got cloth :)

WEBSITE (http://www.mysticcobra.net)

its hard to capture the color change with pics, but here is a decent one of some of the colors http://www.mysticcobra.net/1996/mystic_1069_1.jpg

i will be sure to bring it by a meet this summer.... really does look insane in the sunlight :)

shakalaka
12-05-2005, 07:47 AM
I dont hate mustangs or anything. Its just that there are so many of them out there. If i ever buy a mustang, the only ones I would buy is either a Cobra or a Saleen Mustang.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
valid point... i always hate to see v6 mustangs :(

however, civic's, 240's etc are all very comon aswell

i'd say the most uncomon imports would be supras, rx7's, mr2's and Z cars.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 08:20 AM
the reason im posting this (other than the fact that im bored :P) is when i was driving the cobra back from quebec, i was stopped for coffee and a smoke in ontario. there were some kids with some imports hangin around, i started talkin to em (figured they would might like the paint at least), the response i got was pretty lame. The one kid had a 2000 or so civic, exhaust and tail lights on it started goin on about his "Stainless performance exhaust" and "$400 custom tail lights" cool stuff i guess... so i show him the cobra, i goes downhill from here :( starts goin off about how v8's suck, and the paint on the car sucks because its on a mustang, aswell as the allmighty "my civic is faster".

im sorry, but how can any kid in his right mind think that his civic with ONLY exhaust would even come close to a 305HP cobra? has the import scene dilouted this many minds? I've seen videos of people like that on the net, but i never acctualy thought they existed :/

What happened to the days of people respecting ones ride because of what it is, not where its made?

infected
12-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Some people are just simple minded, not ALL of the import crowd are against domestic. Then again, same thing vice versa so whatever.
:whocares:

D. Dub
12-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Drsuce
Whats with the hatred toward mustangs?

jealousy?

heavyD
12-05-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't like Mustangs for a few reasons:

1) Ford replaced the 5.0L with a truck engine.
2) Fox body is an ancient platform from the 70's. Which leads to...
3) You will find more technology & sophistication in a new vacuum cleaner or dishwasher.
4) Interior style & plastics are atrocious in all years.
5) Styling has never cought my eye including the new ones.
6) 65-70% of Mustang owners are women.
7) Ford has always been my least favorite automobile manufacturer.

I'm not a domestic hater by any means & I do respect the performance you get for your dollar with the Mustang but any time I think of a Mustang I envision those two loser, white trash punks from the Dodge Hemmi commercials behind the wheel.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 09:09 AM
thats true i guess, but every time i see the word mustang posted on beyond its in bad context... just wondering why :) have these haters ever driven around in a mustang? :P

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
and the modular v8 is not a "truck motor" it powers 2 of the worlds fastest supercars.... Ford GT and Saleen S7

as far as the interior, i agree :) in the changeover from 94-98 body style to 99-04 i couldent beileve they kept the interior nearly identical. that is the sole reason i did not buy a newer cobra (curvey interior and sharp lines on the exterior). HOWEVER i can honestly say that GM interiors are even more boring than ford :P
and for everything else, if it aint broke, dont fix it :)

retro-steve
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
i've always liked mustangs since i was little. i was almost turned off of buying one because of all the hatred towards them but after getting my '98 and giving it a couple "tweaks" i love them even more now.

honestly mustangs probably have a bigger following than civics because mustangs stretch across a huge generation gap. a nicely done mustang will get a lot more respect from a broader range of people because of what it is. i've had lots of people from teens to adults in their 50's come up to me and talk about it.

people in the civics and other rice cars that rag on mustangs are just in this Fast and the Furious mindset that with $80,000 their civic will tear apart the streets, but have they ever seen what a mustang built for the track can do?

your cobra looks so hot btw. i know those mystics are damn rare, nice find :thumbsup:

Nix87
12-05-2005, 09:47 AM
and the modular v8 is not a "truck motor" it powers 2 of the worlds fastest supercars.... Ford GT and Saleen S7

as far as the interior, i agree :) in the changeover from 94-98 body style to 99-04 i couldent beileve they kept the interior nearly identical. that is the sole reason i did not buy a newer cobra (curvey interior and sharp lines on the exterior). HOWEVER i can honestly say that GM interiors are even more boring than ford :P

i think its the if it aint broke dont fix it method that has partially driven ford and gm into ground...

khtm
12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
I just associate mustangs with white-trash rednecks. I think I got this because I have to go to Texas all the time for business and it seems like 80% of the cars there are mustangs. And most of the drivers look like assholes and drive like assholes.

Plus, I don't like the American automaker mentality towards cars (trucks, I can handle). Horsepower, horsepower, horsepower...that's their solution to everything. Never pay attention to the feel of the clutch, or the throw distance of the shifter, or the handling. It's all about horsepower.

The new mustang, though, I've gotta admit is a much needed improvement. Thumbs up to Ford for this gen.

habsfan
12-05-2005, 10:36 AM
it's most mustang owners that i hate, not so much the car. the annoying ones are the women who cant drive the car, and the young men who think they are king shit because they drive a stang. for example, there is a guy who live in my town, he's probably around 24 and has an 03 cobra convertible. last i heard he has gone through 4 rear ends and countless clutches/tires. drives like a general fucktard.

retro-steve
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
i've only ever met about 2 mustang owners that are complete idiots, but these were people who had no respect for the car. one was a kid with a yellow '94 5.0 with 20" chrome rims that his parents got him for his 16th birthday. he didn't care about the car at all and had no respect for it hence his was a total douchebag with the car. the other was a guy at my school who was a nice guy and all but he got his 2004 GT convertable after wrecking a 2001 BMW 325 because he drove like an asshole. again, his parents bought him the cars.

all other mustang owners i've met (that aren't chicks) respect the car and drive better than a lot of honda drivers.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
bah, chicks drive v6's :)

just look for a single exhaust tip :P

4doorj
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
i love the new mustangs:love:

Nissanaddict
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I agree on the domestics attempted quick fixes with horsepower, and also the "if it ain't broke fix it" theory...that did run those companies into the ground. Honda (and most other import companies) run on "find a weakness, and make it better". Like my old Corsica...it wasn't fast, and the interior took money to not crack in every spot....but it was comfortable, efficient...it was an 88. What does GM do? Sells well...so they do NOT CHANGE THE BODY STYLE FOR 10 YEARS! Then when the side impact beam laws come in, the redesign is too expensive, and they release the Malibu which had several problems. If it ain't broke, dont' fix it. :drama:

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
the 03/04 cobras were pretty mean, just wait untill the new gt500 hits the streets... 450hp/tq 5.4L SC *drool* far cheaper than a Z06 :)

69cougar
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by khtm
I just associate mustangs with white-trash rednecks.

I always associated them with camaros!! :rofl: :rofl:

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
i have always found GM products in general to be cheap, call me crazy, but i'd take a Focus SVT over a Z24 or Cobalt SS anyday. :/

The only interiors that have ever really *wowed* me are euro cars. i find japanese interiors to be just as plain jane as most domestics.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM
heh, you mean a Camara? *texan accent*:guns:

ricefarmer
12-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I love the concept of the mustang big engine, rwd, but honestly the interior of the last one i was in ('04 convertible) was identicle to the ford diesel trucks we have a work.:barf: :barf:

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
well, maybe the colors :P i hate that ford teal green!

but as i said, i dont find any interiors very *wow*

at least the mustang dosent have a monster lump of cancer on the passenger side footwell (camaro's cat :P)

fast95pony
12-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I think mustangs and Civics are very similar . They are both plentiful,they are both often modded,the majority of them are base models driven by women ,the performance versions are often driven by young men,and their owners are often very proud of their rides . Hence , the rivalry.

Lots of stereotying in the above posts , I notice . I see "white-trash redneck" is okay to use for Mustang drivers, but would you offended if I used degrogitory Asian names for Import drivers. Probably..:dunno:

A790
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM
the 03/04 cobras were pretty mean, just wait untill the new gt500 hits the streets... 450hp/tq 5.4L SC *drool* far cheaper than a Z06 :)

The reason I never liked mustangs was because of a bunch of assholes I went to school with. They all had early-mid 90's foxbody GT's and they ragged on everyone else because "their cars were the best", period.

At the time, I couldn't afford a decent car (I owned a 91 Civic SE hatch) and I got the entourage of assholes ragging on me because I'm 16 driving a Civic. Not everyone gets their parents to buy them a car.

It's funny, because now that I run the Silvia, a lot of those guys don't even talk to me. I've raced a couple of them way out in the boonies (I know, I'm not into street racing... but hey) and the look on their faces was incredible when:
1) I was in the right seat driving.
2) I kept up with them.

Personally, every time I see a guy in a mustang acting all hot shit it makes me want to laugh... cause it reminds me of the assholes I dealt with all through high school.

Not hating on mustangs though- I've seen MANY, MANY fast mustangs out there. Morso on the "typical" drivers, and the mentality around them.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:38 AM
well said, however, i think mustangs have a much broader spectrum, i raced a 2001 GT this summer, was some 65 Y/O man with a smile from ear to ear :P i think the typical "modder" age is acctualy between 25-35. alot of oldies out there too!

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
i guess times have changed, when i was in highschool all the lebs and asains had nasty preludes and civics :/... and all the coke heads drove jimmys :P

anyone
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I think mustangs and Civics are very similar . They are both plentiful,they are both often modded,the majority of them are base models driven by women ,the performance versions are often driven by young men,and their owners are often very proud of their rides . Hence , the rivalry.

Well said!

I think mustangs are kinda like some SRT-4 drivers. The both think they have the fastest cars on the street. Admittedly, both cars are fast (V8 mustangs). I think its just that anyone with a civic, srt4, or mustang gets painted with the same brush in that they're ignorant and arrogant.

I know both crowds, so to not label myself as a hater of mustangs because I don't like the, nice cobra! I do like fast cars.

AllGoNoShow
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I dunno I love mustangs. I have a camaro too and I wouldn't exactly classify myself as whitetrash but peopel who have met me can vouch for that.

Cousin is what got me into them, 67 Mustang Fastback, full resto, like sex on wheels.
Since then I was close to getting a 95 GT modded, coudn't get cash in time tho.
99 Mustang shell for race car, someone else got
I have a cahcne at 02 Mustang Vert shell, but I don't thinkI can get the cash for that one by the time he wants it gone so it will fall through.

Eventually I will have another quick mustang in the family :)

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 12:14 PM
i love the power of v8's, i love the screaming high revving 4 cyls

i just really wish the 2 groups would get along... i'd love to goto meets and shows with more of both :P imports and american muscle ;D

AllGoNoShow
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
There is meets like that, just got make yourself accepted by the sounds of it.

I had the same issue when I had the regal, yah it wasn't pretty but damn it was quick. The honda crowd didn't really accept me at Beyond meets but I didn't make myself accepted, I got about 7 buddies who drive 4 cyl hondas of all shapes and sizes and inductions, we all get alot just fine. Sure they know if I had the rgeal I could still smoke the shit out of them but it was fun while I had it.

True enthusiats are ones who accept everyone with every type fo ride for anything they have done to it. Its the wannabe enthusiats who just accept their "crowd"

SilverBoost
12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Its the people that I hate, not the cars.

**EDIT (And what I mean by that is that I hate ANY idiot behind the wheel of ANY car if they're being an arrogant dickhead.)

And it's not all people of course, but every make and model has it's assholes who we've all run into... and since you dont' know them you remember them by what they drive. I've seen plenty of dicks in mustangs, civics,..... shit minivans are the worst breeding ground for morons.

I appreciate all cars that someone has put work into. I've been in a cobra mustang and man that thing moves like stink. I can certainly understand teh appeal to get that power off the lot. I had to eat kraft dinner for 2 years to get that feeling in my import econobox. I've met plenty of old school v8 guys who've seen my setup and give compliments to the work, then I've also seen the ones who get all pissed off when you leave them behind and make excuses that their carb must have been blocked or something. ;) j/k.

But seriously, I don't have any issues at all with any car out there (minivans excluded) and I like seeing any decnt modifications done on any car to make it go quicker or perform better. (Typhoon intake inserts dont' apply) :)

I'll chat to anybody who wants to talk cars. I ran into madmazda on the street the other night.... had a little cat and mouse outside of town... all lin good fun, then we pulled over and had a chat. That's what it should be like, no attitude, no bullshit, just people appreciative of a common hobby.
Anyways, just thought I'd add to the conversation.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
GT's have much better street manors than cobras, just some advice.... the GT has more lowend, but runs out of steam pretty fast.... the DOHC cobra is made for revs revs revs, pulls hard to 6800 rpm, and there are lotsa guys in the US pushing over 8k rpm :O

i get better highway fuel econ in the cobra.... was pushing 550k+/tank :)

heavyD
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

The SRT-4 crowd is rapidly becoming one of the worst for idiots. I find it embaressing.

shakalaka
12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
The next ford I am buying is going to be a Ford GT40 and thats it.

Drsuce
12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
the new cobra is pretty dam close to the ford gt.... nearly identicle motor *shrug*

vietdood
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM

Very true. i hate being at a red light with some jackass in a mustang that think they're hot shit while i'm in my slow slow 240.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 01:24 PM
I've never really thought of cars as "import vs. domestic". I've just always has a preference for certain types of cars.

When I was shopping around for an affordable "fun" car, I was originally looking for either a 3rd Gen Camaro or a 5.0 Foxbody.
My standards were a bit too high though, here's what i was looking for.

Mustang
-T roof
-5 spd

Camaro
-305 5spd (rare)
-350 (also rare)
-T - top (even rarer when combined with the one the other options)

I stumbled upon a 300ZX turbo one day though, and realised.
-Cheap
-easily upgradable
-T-top
-5 speed.
-not a v8 but turbo V6 is fiiine by me.
-!!!RWD!!!

It was a done deal. But I still like Mustangs quite bit, and If I found the right one, probably would have bought it.

AllGoNoShow
12-05-2005, 01:27 PM
305 5spd camaors arent rare, neither the 350s, and ttops def aint rare.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
305 5spd camaors arent rare, neither the 350s, and ttops def aint rare.

Well, I had trouble finding one that was worth owning in the price range.

Darkane
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I think some of major problem that is people dont actually realise that a Stock 80's fox body mustang was pretty much at any given time the fastest car on the street. In the late 80's when mustang reached the 300ft/lb mark, very few cars could even keep up let alone beat them. Now currently the problem is kids think stock civics are also fast.. Reasons unknowen. Ive owned ALL the fox bodys (mustans, camaro, and a TA) and the mustang by FAR stock destroyed them.

I believe The rivalry is more of a Bully vs Nerd situation. the mustang bigger, faster, stupider? (less technology) will always beat the civic. People watch movies like fast and the furious and all of a sudden civics can drive under semi's and run 9 seconds. blah.. im just ranting now :)

AllGoNoShow
12-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Mightaswell

Well, I had trouble finding one that was worth owning in the price range.

lol then thats your problem btu they aren't rare, just not in your price range or qualifications.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

lol then thats your problem btu they aren't rare, just not in your price range or qualifications.

Should have clarified. But enough derailing.

Love the 5.0, love imports, whatever.

Skyline_Addict
12-05-2005, 01:56 PM
i don't hate mustangs, i'd just never buy one.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Ive owned ALL the fox bodys (mustans, camaro, and a TA) and the mustang by FAR stock destroyed them.

Sorry about being a car Nazi, but only Mustangs from 79-93 are Fox Bodies.

Camaro's and TA's have always been F-bodies.

F-body =/ Fox Body

The more you know!

89coupe
12-05-2005, 02:08 PM

The modular 4.6 also powers the Koenigsegg. ;)

89coupe
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
My reasons for choosing a Mustang.

1.) Affordable
2.) Huge aftermarket
3.) RWD

The only import that gets me horny is the 93-98 TT Supra's. I was tempted to buy one, but with the "HUGE" price tag still attached to them and the costly expense to upgrade, it turned me off.

retro-steve
12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
hahahaha you all hate on the 6cyls too much!!! mind you with my price range i was trying to decide between 94/95 5.0L or the '98 3.8L...the deciding factor for me was definately gas milage. as a university student working ~20/week and driving ~500km/week filing up once a week was a lot more appealing than twice at $50/tank.

i do have a bunch of goodies though like new headers 2.65" dual magnaflow exhaust, CAI, LSD, aluminium driveshaft, short throw shifter, adjustable clutch, etc... just so it wouldn't be classified as the "chick mustang" ;)

really though the 220ish ft/lbs of torque and the 170ish HP is enough for me right now...maybe when i have a lot of money i'll try more power

AllGoNoShow
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
More power gets addicting but its so much fun :D

retro-steve
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
ya i know what you mean! i haven't done one "show" mod (besides the stereo but that was out of the saturn) but i've spent a couple grand on minor performance stuff and WOW what a difference from stock! it's too addicting though, all i want to do is put money into it :(

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
ya i know what you mean! i haven't done one "show" mod (besides the stereo but that was out of the saturn) but i've spent a couple grand on minor performance stuff and WOW what a difference from stock! it's too addicting though, all i want to do is put money into it :(

I feel you. $50 boost controler and intake, and holy crap.
Now I can't stop.

89coupe
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I also enjoy being the underdog when I lay the smackdown on a Viper or Porsche.

Nothing more satisfying then bitch slapping a 100K plus sports car around with my 7K stang...LOL

retro-steve
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
oh if i had a garage to store this for the winter i can only imagine the fun i'd have! since it's a yearly driver i also have to think practicality which probably means no turbo or super charging :cry:

oh well i shut my friend up who kept going on about how fast his probe GT was and how it could smoke me. sure he can reach a higher top speed because i redline at 4,800 but in the distance we ran the look on his face was priceless, so i know my little 3.8 is faster than quite a few cars, just not these super cars that you're beating :D

Toma
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
They stopped making Mustangs in 1995.

When it went form an affordable muscle car to an overpriced, bloated anchor....

But with enough money, time, BS labour, 7 hour header installs etc... I guess they can be made fast, just like anything else. Might as well buy a Camaro....

The glory of the 5.0, especially in the foxes is how easy they are to work on, and the EASE of "waking them up".

Today, stuff is on the edge from the factory...gains are minimal. With the 5.0's, it was easy to drop 2 seconds of your quarter mile time with little effort and minimum cash...

Plus in this form, the engines are bulletproof. You could pound the living fuck out of them for 200,000+ km and it would not even let out a whimper.

My current turbo bottom end was 200,000+km that was just freshened with new rings and bearings and balanced.... surviving at triple its factory HP for years now...

Toma
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I also enjoy being the underdog when I lay the smackdown on a Viper or Porsche.

Nothing more satisfying then bitch slapping a 100K plus sports car around with my 7K stang...LOL
That's one of the best parts.... but try that in an Omni ;) even better lol :nut:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
If there's one thing that bugs me, it's people that say "I don't hate the cars, I hate the people that drive them."

WTF?

I mean, come on. The mustang is far from a low-volume car. There's a shit-ton of them out there, and yet you hate all the drivers? Riiight. That's like saying I don't hate Civics, but I hate the drivers. I'm sure there's some asshole Civic drivers out there!

Painting an entire class of cars with a negative brush because of some jackhole you met once that drove one makes no sense at all.

Anyway, I love Mustangs because they're the quintessential cheap sports car. Right from 1964.5, the Mustang showed people you could buy a light car with a strong motor for cheap and go fast. The Mustang GT showed that you could put a bigger engine in and go even faster. The Shelbys showed that with some extra cash you could turn that sports car into a street machine and turn heads on Woodward Blvd. Do you enjoy modifying your car? Thank the Mustang. The Mustang and the smallblock Chevy were the two things that brought performance modification into the mainstream, which eventually carried over into imports when they gained popularity.

SilverBoost
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
If there's one thing that bugs me, it's people that say "I don't hate the cars, I hate the people that drive them."

WTF?

I mean, come on. The mustang is far from a low-volume car. There's a shit-ton of them out there, and yet you hate all the drivers? Riiight. That's like saying I don't hate Civics, but I hate the drivers. I'm sure there's some asshole Civic drivers out there!

Painting an entire class of cars with a negative brush because of some jackhole you met once that drove one makes no sense at all.

Anyway, I love Mustangs because they're the quintessential cheap sports car. Right from 1964.5, the Mustang showed people you could buy a light car with a strong motor for cheap and go fast. The Mustang GT showed that you could put a bigger engine in and go even faster. The Shelbys showed that with some extra cash you could turn that sports car into a street machine and turn heads on Woodward Blvd. Do you enjoy modifying your car? Thank the Mustang. The Mustang and the smallblock Chevy were the two things that brought performance modification into the mainstream, which eventually carried over into imports when they gained popularity.

ok dont' get yer panties in a knot, you misunderstood my comment, so I'l clarify... i didn't mean I hated mustang drivers.... I meant I hate ANY idiot behind the wheel of ANY car if they're being an arrogant dickhead. That was teh whole point of my thread. If I meant it the other way then I would have been agreeing that all mustang drivers are idiots and that's far from the truth.

Sorry if my first comment was confusing.... I forget sometimes you can take things more than one way by only reading it.

FatboyTheHungry
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I remember the late 80's Cobras... Those were hot, especially with the ragtop down, riding on Daytons. :thumbsup: Maybe I'm just showing my age too.

D. Dub
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
I was gonna jump in and defend Mustang/drivers but then a white v6 new mustang with blue stripes drove by me like an idiot on 14th NW today... driving like a dumbass and had ugly stickers all over the ugly car with what looked like a GT bicycle sticker on the rear wing ..... fuuuuuugly

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM

ok dont' get yer panties in a knot, you misunderstood my comment, so I'l clarify... i didn't mean I hated mustang drivers.... I meant I hate ANY idiot behind the wheel of ANY car if they're being an arrogant dickhead. That was teh whole point of my thread. If I meant it the other way then I would have been agreeing that all mustang drivers are idiots and that's far from the truth.

Sorry if my first comment was confusing.... I forget sometimes you can take things more than one way by only reading it.

Don't worry, my post wasn't directed at you, it was more directed at other people I've talked to in the past. :D

I agree, I hate anyone who drives like a jackass. :thumbsdow

SilverBoost
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
^^^ oh, ok cool. :)

NickGT
12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Welp. All I can say is that for the last 5 years I have been driving mustangs. Never been happier. It's wierd that one car can make a guy so happy (on my 3rd now). My passion for the car has spilled over into every aspect of my life. Mustang specific magazines floating all over my house (boxes of them in the basement). To many model replica's to list. Books on the history of the mustang and ford in general, repair manuals (bahaha). Anything mustang/ford related. It's almost a sickness.

Not that I'm all about Ford's totally... Girlfriend drives a chevy and my heavy-duty 3/4 ton on the driveway is a GM as well and I love that truck.

There's so much to learn when it comes to these cars regardless of which model/year you own. Call me white trash, inquire about my mullet length, but at the end of the day I drive what I want to drive and that's good enough for me.

Zephyr
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Mustangs are cool, just I run into jackass mustang owners. Kinda like how I don't like Neons and Cavs, I don't hate the car, I just hate the drivers.

91mm Precision
12-05-2005, 07:53 PM

WTF?

Agreed with everything said here.

derek123
12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, to start with, I think they are ugly.
The new one is ok as it draws on the past.
I think they stopped caring about looks some time in the mid 70's or so.

I mentally group them with camaros.
ie the cars that all the fucktards in high school drove.
believe they were 'bangers' in those days ( late 80s).

I think of coke dealers with cheezy grade 9 moustaches, and little old ladys re-living their youth when I think of mustangs.

I think of driving of fast... in a straight line when I think of mustangs. *yawn*

When I hear some one peeling out in front of cowboys at 2:15 in the morning, I think of mustangs.

When it rains and I see a telephone pole beside the road near a curve, I think of mustangs.

Now that I'm older and whatever, with technology where it is these days, I just see no reason to have big engines in cars...
or suvs in general for that matter.

I love a good kill story on h-t where some civic kid beats a mustang. david golaith etc..
(civic kids, in general, can a eat a dick too, but this is a 'stang thread, so I'll save that rant for another day)

hate. hate. hate... mustangs.

And, god forbid, you should drive one, well then, I guess I hate you too. Not because I choose to or like to, but, because I have to.

But that's just me.

Is this healthy, to harbour such hate for an inanimate object?
probably not. :D

thanks for listening.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by derek123

hate. hate. hate... mustangs.

And, god forbid, you should drive one, well then, I guess I hate you too. Not because I choose to or like to, but, because I have to.

It's funny how much of that hate is one-way. Mustang drivers will see your '92 Integra and it won't bother them a bit. They'll feel sorry for you having to drive a car with meagre power and FWD, but they won't hate you.

So which is worse? Hate, or pity? :devil:

NickGT
12-05-2005, 08:52 PM

It's funny how much of that hate is one-way. Mustang drivers will see your '92 Integra and it won't bother them a bit. They'll feel sorry for you having to drive a car with meagre power and FWD, but they won't hate you.

So which is worse? Hate, or pity? :devil:

Genius. :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by derek123

I think of driving of fast... in a straight line when I think of mustangs. *yawn*

When it rains and I see a telephone pole beside the road near a curve, I think of mustangs.

I dont know why everyone thinks they handle so poorly. Sure such and such magazine track tested it and it was slower by a few seconds than such and such car on the road course. Blah blah blah.

I've been driving them year round for quite some time now without to much difficulty. They are very predictable and easy to control. During the summer months pushing it through corners is actually quite enjoyable. Maybe its not as refined as some other makes/models but it is a capable sports car or it wouldn't be classfied as such.

Honestly the only bad thing about the car is my girlfriend thinks I give it more attention than I give her. :eek: :whipped:

Police
12-05-2005, 10:00 PM
i always thought domestic drivers(not all) always ragged and bitched about imports, this is a new.:dunno:

derek123
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
So which is worse? Hate, pity, or Mustangs? :devil:

Um... C. Mustangs

:angel:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Wiseass. :rofl:

Drsuce
12-06-2005, 04:16 AM
i think alot of it boils down to hating highschool :P that place was geh :P