PDA

View Full Version : I need help on this Guy's.

ICEBERG
12-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Today on deerfoot some a$$ho!e in a F150 truck was cutting everyone off and spitting rocks every where. Anyways i was in the right lane with no traffic in front of me when suddenly he comes across the far left lane and cut's me off too almost taking me out with my 2 year old in the back sleeping. At this point he smashed my windshield to hell and contniued to cut people off again.

I pulled beside him up at beddington turn off. Rolled my window down and told him that he has smashed my windshield with his stupid a$$ driving. The A$$ in the truck just laughed at me and speeded away.

I got his Plate number and called the cops. They are coming to take a statement from me.

My question is, can i get this a$$ho!e to replace my windshield? It is his word over mine but what should i do? I am really PO'ed at the moment, sorry for the typing errors.

I never had to deal with anything like this before. Cops are coming in few hours to talk to me. What should i do?

Thanks.

freakin
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Unless he was hauling gravel and that's what hit your windshield, then no. Gravel on the road is just considered normal for Calgary driving. You can't do anything about it....same with rock chips in your paint. If you have full coverage with your insurance, most glass shops will cover your deductable.

*edit* By 'smashed my windshield', do you mean that he physically got out of his car and beat it, or just by throwing up rocks?

Raz2
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
tell them the truth, he will have to pay, or his insurance will.

tell him to get mudflaps :)

Euro_Trash
12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
I have no idea personally, but I have heard a similar story and the other driver ended up buying a new windshield

Foz
12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
What happened with the police statement?

I hate assholes who drive like that. There's no reason for them to switch lanes; they just want to spit gravel at cars behind them.

:guns:

SilverBoost
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Because you filed a complaint you might get a replacement out of it, but its hard to say. Normally I can imagine around here, that most places would laugh because of the truckloads of gravel they dump on the road. They could tell you to keep your distance and deal with it. Bbut because yours was caused by a caustic dickhead driving like a moron, you might have a chance.

ICEBERG
12-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Thank's guys.

I am still waiting for the cops to show up. This episode happended 1:30pm on deerfoot. It is 4:00 pm and still no cops to take a statement.

My wife was with me when this happened. She was the one who called the police right away with his plate number. When the windshield went, it scared the crap out of her.

I bet i have a lot of damage to the hood of the car. Just not the windshield.

I am going now to wash the car to see if there is more damage to the car. Hopefuly none of my head lamps are cracked.

Goblin
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Like.. really broke your windshield?

freakin
12-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I had a semi-truck run over a rock bigger than my fist and launch it at my windshield a couple of years ago. That scared the shit out of me! The windshield was absolutely toast after that, but luckily it didn't do any other damage. When I talked to my insurance about it, they sait that there was nothing I could do about it since the other driver can't control what's on the road.

I did get it replaced through insurance and it didn't cost me anything either....deductables never went up. They told me that they figure 1 windshield per year was what they'd be replacing on the average Calgary vehicle before I saw a change in my rates.

infected
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Chances are slim, there are rocks and pebbles flying all over the place, unless you have a witness or something to prove that the guy was driving like a dick.

Police
12-05-2005, 10:05 PM
whats up with people always cutting in and out of traffic lately its really pissing me off now i speed up and i don't let those assholes in, they should burn in hell. Everytime i do a lane change i'm considerate and hope i don't splatter rocks all over the car behind me.

ICEBERG
12-05-2005, 10:59 PM
O.K guy's

The Cop's never showed up but they at least called.

The Police officer told me that this guy had a bad history with his attitude towards the police when he gets pulled over. He also told me they had problems with him in the past but so far he was clean with no record for the past 6 months.

They told me they where going to pay him a visit and have a little chat with him. The police officer than told me if he gives them any trouble or any attitude over this than they would charge him and i would have to go to court.

He told me to get the windshield replaced and keep the reciept incase i go to court over this.

They also told me, if he is sorry what he did and offers to take care of the damages than they would let him go with a warning.

He said they will call me and let me know. So tommorow i am off to change the windshield. What a Pi$$ off day i am having. Now i have to go and deal with TD bank. Some has stole $500 from my account. TD bank phoned and notifyed me about this problem. The bank froze my account and now are investigating. What a great day.

This is all happening after i got my X3's door really badly Dinged at the parking lot this weekend. When it rains it pours :banghead:

freakin
12-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Well, that's 3 things...and you know the old adage...so you're good for a while. :thumbsup:

Seriously look in to the insurance idea for the windsheild, but keep the reciept. Make the fucker pay for it if that you get that option.

Evo prec
12-06-2005, 09:45 AM
something like this happened to me on crowchild i was coming down crowchild after work, which is rush hour traffic, i get off at 4:45 from downtown, so anyways they guy cut me off by 16th ave so i thought nothing of it yeah people do it all the time but this guy was a total asshole, there was probably maybe just a little more then a car length so im already close to him and he fingers me......cause he thinks im following to close. so i get over to the far left he stays in the right, then we get a little past 53 st n.w and i get over to the right to turn on to sarcee tr, and this is the same guy that cut me off early and he wanted to get in to my lane, i didnt let him in just for the fact he cut me off and fingered me. so he decides to try and run me off the road, i didnt stop i kept goin stupid fuck thinks that since you have your signal on you have the right away, god damn people shouldnt have their license. so yeah i called the police on my way home, and they said that somebody will come and see me, they did i wrote a statement showed them my rims which got scraped on the curb. showed the cop he said oh yeah that can be grinded down or whatever he said. so they went and talked to him and nothing happened. they didnt do anything since i didnt have a witness which sucks cause there was another car behind me that saw the whole thing. but anyways yeah the cop did nothing i said i wanted to go to court and get him charged and all that but they went and told him he cant do that on the road.........which is fuckin brutal if you ask me. i wouldnt call the cops waste my time with somebody i dont know just to be an asshole, and get him a ticket, this fucker drove me into a curb......and got away with it. so i dont know what might happen with that guy he could get a ticket or he couldnt who knows. but gl with the situation