PDA

View Full Version : World of Wheels

atomic
02-25-2003, 01:38 PM
there were a lot of cars i wasn't impressed with ..

what did anyone else think?

anyone have photos of things they were dissapointed by?

Superesc
02-25-2003, 01:46 PM
why bring up the negatives?

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-25-2003, 01:50 PM
name them... lol!

Blue Devil 2
02-25-2003, 01:53 PM
It's too bad your dissapointed. I saw many cars that I liked, and I can appreciate all the work done on all cars/trucks in the show. To be honest, I'm getting bored of hearing people complain.

atomic
02-25-2003, 02:08 PM
"to be honest" .. i know ppl like to complain.. and i'm not one of them .. and i'm not here to point fingers and say "this car shouldn't have been there, etc" ..

i'm a very serious tuner .. and i'm one of the few, much like many of you, who are not afraid to rip our motor apart .. we're confident intellegent ppl who have a unmeasurable passion for tuning (go and show) ..

most of the ppl i work with and know approach me to discuss they're negative opinion of the hot hatch tuning area of World of Wheels .. they tell me how they expected more, and relate my tuning to what they saw ..

i understand there were some nice cars there .. i saw some nice custom fabricated turbo's .. some decent ice and eye candy ..

on the flipside, i saw a lot of motors taking up space .. a lot of show with no go .. some boost gauges with no forced induction .. many motors decal'd to look fast, but had drum rear brakes .. a neon with "racing" stickers all over it and a canadian tire $10 outside tempature/clock velcro'd to the dash .. rock chips .. poorly painted interiors .. bubbly decals .. dirty engines .. etc ..

there was a lot more bad then good there .. the good was pretty damn good mind you .. however, the bad was real real bad ...

our generation of tuning gets a bad name .. ppl think we're dangerous .. street racing .. dropping nitrous bottles in our back seats like babies .. running red lights and generally being unsafe ...

a lot of ppl who dislike our generation of tuners are the old 60 and 70 hot rod tuners .. they think we're all show and no go ..

well, after seeing the demonstration last weekend, we all saw a lot of show ... not much go ...

are you surprised ppl laugh at our generation of tuning? i'm not .. i don't blame the world of wheels for it .. i blame ignorance from both parties ..

this is my opinion .. and what am i doing about it? nothing more then i do everyday .. sink my pay cheques into my motor .. make it what i've been dreaming since childhood ..

now i know this is going to get a lot of flames .. flame if u wish, but please .. please please please .. read my entire post and try to understand what i'm saying .. i will ignore any irrelevant/ambiguous posts ..

thanx

jdmakkord
02-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Before you criticize, clean up that stereo install atomic. Ghetto boxes dont win shows either.

atomic
02-25-2003, 03:14 PM
jd: ghetto boxes .. hehe ..

firstly, that's removeable because it's not supposed to be there .. it's heavy and bulky .. it will be gone shortly .. for the time being, it's doing what i need it to ..

i have more performance to worry about first .. and i have a pile of goodies to install yet for ice ..

i only stated opinion, i didn't "criticize"

while we're on this subject .. can i see yours? i have a few ideas .. i'll need time to figure out the best setup .. since this car is a tuned daily driver .. it hauls luggage for road trips, snow boards, tools, ppl, etc ... i'd like to get some ideas .. or feedback ..what do u think?

jdmakkord
02-25-2003, 03:21 PM
My equipment is sitting on the floor in my bedroom, waiting for the last couple of pieces. I got tired of huge bass(my ears hurt) and have something a little different on the way:)

SI-vic
02-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by atomic
&

i'm a very serious tuner .. and i'm one of the few, much like many of you, who are not afraid to rip our motor apart .. we're confident intellegent ppl who have a unmeasurable passion for tuning (go and show) ..

this is my opinion .. and what am i doing about it? nothing more then i do everyday .. sink my pay cheques into my motor .. make it what i've been dreaming since childhood ..

Hey,
well I'm not gonna deny that my car is slow., but not everyone in Calgary make enough money to "sink" all our pay cheque money into our cars. People have to pay for school, bills, etc, etc. The reason I dont rip apart my motor is because Yes I am afraid of messing it up, the last thing I need is an undrivable car.This is the only car I can afford rite now and if I mess this up then I'll have to take the bus to school ,which is a bitch because the bus only comes into my area at certain times (like once every 2hours usually). But I'm sure if people had the money, many would want GO......

atomic
02-25-2003, 03:34 PM
SI-vic:

then good .. that is why you're car shouldn't be in teh car show :) .. if it was, then it shouldnt' have been .. if it wasn't .. then good ..

this is about the car show,.. not an attack on everyone's car .. hell, u should see some of the crappy cars i've driven in the past! phew ...

SI-vic
02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by atomic
SI-vic:

then good .. that is why you're car shouldn't be in teh car show :) .. if it was, then it shouldnt' have been .. if it wasn't .. then good ..

.................. oh yah, thats right.
hahahaha my bad. you got a goooood point.

B18C
02-25-2003, 09:19 PM
It was a car SHOW.

GO is for the track.

Dope Dealer
02-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
name them... lol!

I didn't really like the Nissan Pathfinder in the Auto Zeal section.

And the owner was a huge prick!

:thumbsdow

:rofl:

04blackMAX
02-25-2003, 09:55 PM
blahhh blahhh blahhhhh

R-Audi
02-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Not to support the Neon by any means, but isn't it from a Neon racing series at Race City? Mods are limited for those types of things.

Illusionsir
02-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by B18C
It was a car SHOW.

GO is for the track.

Beautifully put..

5.9 R/T
02-25-2003, 11:07 PM
It was a car SHOW.

GO is for the track.

Hey if 17 second ricers can use the track then 12 second all motor beasts can show off at a 'show'. :D

rage2
02-25-2003, 11:10 PM
It was a car SHOW.

GO is for the track.

To me, I'd like to see lots of GO at a show... love seeing people push their motors to the max, and the path they take to achieve it.

But hey, that's just me... :D

sillysilvia
02-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Good, At the track they make fun of 17 second ricers and compliment the 12 second imports
So at the show we should make fun of 12 second imports that aren't showy and compliment 17 second ricers that are!

B18C
02-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by rage2

To me, I'd like to see lots of GO at a show... love seeing people push their motors to the max, and the path they take to achieve it.

Well I can definitely appreciate a car with lots of GO at a show but I don't understand how people can criticize a SHOW car for having no GO when it is sitting at a car show.

rx7_turbo2
02-26-2003, 12:57 AM

Well I can definitely appreciate a car with lots of GO at a show but I don't understand how people can criticize a SHOW car for having no GO when it is sitting at a car show.

Like was said a million times before everyone has an opinion. Mine is that GO is the SHOW. I don't really want to see it unless it can go. If it looks pretty doing it all the better. I think the way to keep things peacefull is to remember to critisize the cars and not the owners. I may think a car is cool but think the owner is an ass, or I may not like a car which has absolutley no bearing on what I think of the person that owns it.

milesmcewing
02-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey Atomic, the Neon you talk about is a serious race car and has won several events, modifications are limited by the ruling board.

The car with the $10 temp gauge is a title-winning Prorally car, one of the fastest and best prepared cars in Canada, its driver is former canadian superbike champ.

These guys have more 'go' in than you can imagine.

PS I own the Beetle rally car (the one with the chipped paint on the interior). It saw 12000 km of racing last year. My Indy car had the engine out so you could see what it looks like. Our booth catered to the driving enthusiast, not the subwoofer crowd.

Just my two cents

dogstar
02-26-2003, 01:58 PM
It was a car SHOW.

GO is for the track.

Originally posted by rage2

why admire a slow ass car that your moms oldsmobile could beat at the track?

i dont get it, but maybe im the only one who thinks a fast car shouldnt look fast, but its way more excusable than a slow car trying to look fast.