PDA

View Full Version : Shoddiest MR-2 I've ever seen/JDM rant

b_t
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Driving in the NW today saw an MR-2, I figured "nice an MR-2!" since these are definitely an uncommon car.
But then I got a little closer and started to see things wrong with it... like the paint was like faded white paint with a wasted clearcoat, the rims were ugly, the body was about as far from straight as it can get (without crashing into anything), even the tint wasn't that good. Plus the guy was sitting in the right hand seat driving like he was just the shit even though his car was in TERRIBLE condition. Crowchild was almost completely clear today and he was going 10-20km/h under the speed limit. And I only drove by, if I actually scrutinized the car I can only imagine what could be wrong with it.

I'm inclined to think he just wanted people to look at his JDM junk heap, but man - I really hope you read this - your car is a total junker, it is not nice, and don't drive like a grandma in the center lane. It's honestly a disgrace to all the nice MR-2s in Calgary. The right lane is for people like you, and the junk yard is for cars like yours.

Every JDM car I've seen looks way better in the pictures on importconcern, etc. then it does in person. Like, that one Skyline they have now, are asking $11,500 for it and it is only a RB20 (albeit stroked to RB23), and the body is in terrible shape. This is ridiculous! People PAY MONEY for this shit? They keep importing ungraded or R grade cars because JDM cars aren't good deals, they are bagged just as hard as the cars here, and cost as much or more then the good solid one or two owner cars we can get locally. Why even bother?

A790
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Driving in the NW today saw an MR-2, I figured "nice an MR-2!" since these are definitely an uncommon car.
But then I got a little closer and started to see things wrong with it... like the paint was like faded white paint with a wasted clearcoat, the rims were ugly, the body was about as far from straight as it can get (without crashing into anything), even the tint wasn't that good. Plus the guy was sitting in the right hand seat driving like he was just the shit even though his car was in TERRIBLE condition. Crowchild was almost completely clear today and he was going 10-20km/h under the speed limit. And I only drove by, if I actually scrutinized the car I can only imagine what could be wrong with it.

I'm inclined to think he just wanted people to look at his JDM junk heap, but man - I really hope you read this - your car is a total junker, it is not nice, and don't drive like a grandma in the center lane. It's honestly a disgrace to all the nice MR-2s in Calgary. The right lane is for people like you, and the junk yard is for cars like yours.

Every JDM car I've seen looks way better in the pictures on importconcern, etc. then it does in person. Like, that one Skyline they have now, are asking $11,500 for it and it is only a RB20 (albeit stroked to RB23), and the body is in terrible shape. This is ridiculous! People PAY MONEY for this shit? They keep importing ungraded or R grade cars because JDM cars aren't good deals, they are bagged just as hard as the cars here, and cost as much or more then the good solid one or two owner cars we can get locally. Why even bother?

I love how you think you're the shit, yet you drive a purple ESi (that you've scratched together a turbo kit for). Honestly, if you don't like JDM cars that's cool. Frankly, nobody wants to fucking hear about it.

chris
12-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by b_t

if you don't like jdm cars and their business, why go to their site and look at the cars they're selling?

teggypimp95
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by A790

I love how you think you're the shit, yet you drive a purple ESi (that you've scratched together a turbo kit for). Honestly, if you don't like JDM cars that's cool. Frankly, nobody wants to fucking hear about it. :werd:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I think all you JDM fanboys have missed the point.

He's not trashing JDM in general, he's trashing the cars that are brought into the country in shitty shape. I like nice cars as much as the next guy, but many imported JDM cars are in poor condition becuase they are brought in by teenagers who want a cool car without paying much money - and they get what they pay for.

b_t
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

He's not trashing JDM in general, he's trashing the cars that are brought into the country in shitty shape. I like nice cars as much as the next guy, but many imported JDM cars are in poor condition becuase they are brought in by teenagers who want a cool car without paying much money - and they get what they pay for.

Exactly.

2000_SI
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
:whocares:

If they want to wast thier money on a POS car, does it really affect your life so much that you have to bitch about it on here?

If they want to drive around in thier junk heaps, I say let them. All it does is make the rest of our cars look nicer...;)

snowboard
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100106/

yah but wow? that is a MINT car. there is shitty ones
forsure. lol.

A790
12-05-2005, 05:38 PM

Just like any different market, there are going to be cars in various conditions. I think it's retarded to start a thread in the "street encounters" section about a crappy JDM car, and then rant about crappy JDM cars.

Honestly, how many piece of shit talons/240's/Civics do you see? There's no real difference, as far as I'm concerned. I'll buy whatever catches my eye, USDM or JDM, or otherwise.

:drama:

Primer_Drift
12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Nevermind the haters bumpin.. you made a valid point. A lot of the jdm imports are in a state of disrepair. However it should come as no surprise considering most of what comes out of japan is from auction and broker sources not private sale. Hence the mark-up increases the price by the time it reaches Canadian soil, for a product that is often below average quality.

It is the exact same thing that happens at our local auctions. I would personally never buy a car from auction, I have seen all too well what goes on to get cars there (even bank repo's are iffy at best).

86max
12-05-2005, 05:42 PM

:werd:

Originally posted by 2000_SI

If they want to wast thier money on a POS car, does it really affect your life so much that you have to bitch about it on here?

If they want to drive around in thier junk heaps, I say let them. All it does is make the rest of our cars look nicer...;)

Well I don't think he would've said anything if the guy wasn't slowing down a lane of traffic (which does affect him) and getting his gangsta lean on which makes him a target for insults. The fact that he thinks he's so cool kinda opens him up to flaming, if he was just driving normal like everybody else, there'd be no need to bash. Hell, there's plenty of worse cars out there than a beat up mr2 to make fun of, but those people don't usually put themselves in a position to be flamed.

b_t
12-05-2005, 05:45 PM

I love how you think you're the shit, yet you drive a purple ESi (that you've scratched together a turbo kit for). Honestly, if you don't like JDM cars that's cool. Frankly, nobody wants to fucking hear about it.

Scratched together turbo kits don't have T3/T4s, have all sloppy MIG welds, use stock BOVs off of factory turbo'd cars, you know how it is. And I like the color.

snowboard
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Scratched together turbo kits don't have T3/T4s, have all sloppy MIG welds, use stock BOVs off of factory turbo'd cars, you know how it is. And I like the color.

aer you making fun of your own kit or? im confused.

b_t
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

aer you making fun of your own kit or? im confused.

no :D read my turbo kit FS post ;)

Redlyne_mr2
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I know where youre coming from..it pisses me off when I see a shoddy MR2 as well. 3rd gen supras used to be soo bad for this...i dont want to see it happen to the mr2s.

handsomebassman
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow, anybody else think this post has gotten a bit out of hand?

*** Look, cmon you guys, you know how it is (or at least some of you do). Some people dont have the money to own a really decent car. So what if he was driving like he was the shit. To him, that may feel like his "ferrari". And power to him, you should be proud of your ride, especially if you worked hard for it. Let him be happy with what he drives.

To each his own.

b_t
12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
Wow, anybody else think this post has gotten a bit out of hand?

Every thread I start gets out of hand :D but you also make valid points.
I am likin the Dad's Home in the avatar and PBF in the sig by the way

AsianCaucasian
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 2000_SI

werd

:whocares: People can do whatever they want with their money. I agree with you that alot of imported jdm cars are in rough shape, but as long as people are willing to pay for them and the law doesnt change, that will remain. So who cares how they drive (driving style) /what they drive / what condition the car is in... If they think its hot then so be it. Personally i think a purple talon is ugly as hell, but hey if you like it, i wont bash u...

handsomebassman
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Every thread I start gets out of hand :D but you also make valid points.
I am likin the Dad's Home in the avatar and PBF in the sig by the way

lol, i noticed that about your threads. And im glad SOMEONE recognized the "dads home" avatar.

handsomebassman
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM

I happen to LIKE his purple ESi by the way.

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 06:39 PM
First of all, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

That being said, the problem with some of the JDM cars coming in, and the market in general in my opinion, is that people want in on the JDM "fad" but can only scrape together 6 or 7k. This creates a market for these crappy ungraded, or R graded cars. I've spoken with several importers and this seems to be a common gripe. When Importer A is selling a genuinely good quality GTR for 20k, there's always importer X selling one on it's last legs for less, and kids don't care, because "it's a GTR". (Substitude Silvia, Z, ITR, whatever).

On the other hand though, a little extra cash goes a long way. If you only have 6k and you want a Silvia, you're gambling. However if you've got 8 or 9k, then you're getting a mint vehicle. Import concern admits this right on thier website. Even if you got a car for like $100, it would be over $4000 once you got it over here.

JDM vehicles are a good buy if you're looking for a unique performance vehicle, and have some money to spend. You just can't touch some of the cars for the money that are coming in. But for every nice, well modded clean car coming in, there's probably 2 cheap ones following it.

Oh well.

topher91
12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
But what if this guy had bought this car as a project car?? Did anyone stop to think about that?? So he's driving it around now...... Lots of project cars start from POS cars am I right??

Wow so quick to bash someone's car. He probably knows that his car is a POS right now.

I know lots of people who paid fuck all for a POS car only to turn it into some show piece!! :rolleyes:

And how often can you find a POS MR2 project car in Calgary?? Um last I checked ..... none. So go buy it from Japan.... its the next logical step!

Chris

SilverBoost
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Who cares what anyone else drives? It's their money, let them do what they want with it. I don't see the point in trashing it. i see plenty of POS American cars that people are proud to drive. :drama:

Mightaswell
12-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
i see plenty of POS American cars that people are proud to drive. :drama:

Damn straight. There's probably a few thousand CDM rustbuckets for every questionable JDM car.

brandon
12-05-2005, 07:35 PM

lol, i noticed that about your threads. And im glad SOMEONE recognized the "dads home" avatar.

I happen to LIKE his purple ESi by the way.

So are you two dating or just fuck buddies?

ninjak84
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
To each his own.

My God, I can't believe someone actually said it before me.....

Originally posted by b_t
And I like the color.

Yeah well I think it looks ridiculously stupid, but you don't see me making threads about your car.
You sound like such a hater.

Originally posted by b_t
Every JDM car I've seen looks way better in the pictures on importconcern, etc. then it does in person

Uh, then don't buy one.... Quit whining and hating
Didn't you get banned already anyway?

b_t
12-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

My God, I can't believe someone actually said it before me.....

Yeah well I think it looks ridiculously stupid, but you don't see me making threads about your car.
You sound like such a hater.

Uh, then don't buy one.... Quit whining and hating
Didn't you get banned already anyway?

You bet I did! Whining? Hating? Wow! The pot just called the kettle black!
Ridiculously stupid? Alright well, whatever, I like purple pearl metallic, and take good care of it, and my car garners most interest then I could ever have hoped for or even think it deserves myself, and make no mistake I love this car. And when someone drives a "RC Honda" and can't even be bothered to take pride in his real car (on a site for car enthusiasts no less) his opinion holds about zero weight with me, so everytime some anonymous random guy who won't show off his real car calls my car ridiculously stupid, I just tune him out.

b_t
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by brandon

So are you two dating or just fuck buddies?

Well he is definitely not the only one who does like my purple ESi and I am definitely not the only person to have seen Dad's Home since that kind of humor is right up my alley, so big fuckin deal, I didn't know that complementing a nice av made me gay?

Raz2
12-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Jesus christ, the SECOND someone bashes JDM everyone is up in arms, what the fuck is so holy about the japanese market? What? They drive on the wrong side of the road, is that it? They speak poor english? I mean, what the FUCK makes it so holy?

what B_T means is why are people importing crap, I like seeing rare cars on the streets too, but don't import a junker that is just a complete waste of time.

- Rasmus

infected
12-05-2005, 09:45 PM
:zzz: :whocares:

lastprodigy
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
This is stupid, like most thread that have JDM and b_t in them..ps, this is a rant, not a spot.:closed:

Police
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
b_t stfu please you have no life...who comes here to make a post about some stupid shit like this?(YOU! what a waste of webspace). you might also have a point but this thread is still stupid none of the less. You can deny all you want that this isn't about hating but its ok cause you definatly are in denial buddy. Your car is gay so you have no rights to make fun of other ppls, i love the scratches on your bumper maybe i should make a post about it too. :thumbsdow :whocares: :drama: :guns:

tictactoe2004
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM

really? sounds to me like he was making fun of some guys car... who cares what his car looks like, you dont even know the guy. Who cares if he was driving like "he was the shit", maybe it was his first car, if it was, it would have been nicer than my first car.

Sounds to me like you had a bad day and thought you should bash this guy.

Team_Mclaren
12-05-2005, 10:05 PM
so much anger... so much hate... another thread goes down to the drain...:closed: (i try.. lol)