Justing
12-05-2005, 11:13 PM
The Muse
107-10A St NW
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 5/5
Total cost plus tip: $150.00 (No wine)

I took my gf to The Muse a couple of weeks ago and thought it deserved a review because it was great.
I liked everything about it, the hostess was courteous, service was amazing etc etc.
When we had sat down, my gf mentioned to me that she was cold and there was a slight breeze above her and one of the servers overheard and turned up the heat immediately and offered to retrieve her jacket for her. Just thought this was a nice gesture, espescially when we were the youngest people in the restraunt (19) its just rare that they would be so courteous.

For appetizers she had the prawns, which were great, nicely grilled and flavoured. I had the lobster rissotto. It was the first time i've ever had rissotto and it was good, plently of lobster and just an interesting flavour and texture.

As for the main couse my gf had the green tea marinated duck. It was something different and luckily it turned out that she liked it (even though she doesn't like green tea) The serving of duck was huge, i dunno how to explain it but it was definately more than either of us expected.
For my main course i had the lobster lasagna, which was once again damn good. It came with about a half of a lobster tail and a few scallops under the lasagna.
As for dessert we had the espresso creme brulee and the almond cake. Both were great, though i must say i've had better creme brulee elsewhere.

The ambiance was nice and romantic as well. It was dimly lit, and had i think 4 different floors, it was just an interesting layout that i really liked.

So overall, the whole dining experience was excellent and I would not hesitate to go again. I would highly reccomend The Muse to anyone, especially for a date.

RSeXy
12-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Good review! The bf and I want to check it out...we are just strapped for time.

calgarys_finest
01-02-2006, 05:07 PM
my cousin is head chef there i will pass on any compliments and or grievences you may have

ps i get free food there and test new stuff all the time:bigpimp:

ninspeed
01-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I used to go there atleast once a month, a bud of mine knew the owner really well, and got me hooked.. I loved the salmon, and the steaks there..have not been in awhile though.

The thing i like is they dont really care if you are younger (21) and give the same level of service to everyone.