PDA

View Full Version : I got keyed

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 05:20 PM
hey guys, i came out to my truck after school to find a 4 foot long scratch along the driver side. Right through the paint, its not deep though, anything that can take this out? if not, how much to paint both driver side doors?. Guess i have to walk to school from now on:thumbsdow

ninjak84
02-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
i came out to my truck after school to find a 4 foot long scratch along the driver side.

:thumbsdow

mustang
02-25-2003, 05:31 PM
oh weak dude....:thumbsdow

What school do you go to? I went to St. Mary's and some idiot tried breaking into my car with a screwdriver and fucked my locks and scratched my paint. Depending on your paintjob what you can do (what I did) is fill the scratch with bondo, sand it down so it is even and smooth, and buy some touch up paint (depends on the paint job, on newer cars with newer paint jobs this wont work very well or at all). Touch up paint costs like $20, check the color code on the inside of the driver's door and have a parts place color match a can for you.

Light_Speed
02-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Man i hate idiots that do shit like that
u should try to find out who the fuk did that shit

XylathaneGTR
02-25-2003, 05:57 PM
If its not too deep...You can use bodyfiller to fill up the scratchs.
Then sand it down so its nice and smooth, and then apply a hella thin layer of MORE bodyfiller to cover up the sanding marks, then, use a really really light grit sand paper, just to sand it down smoothly. the 2nd bodyfiller covers up the bigger marks from the sanding.
Then, depending on your painting skill, you can paint it yourself, or have it profesionally done. My guess is about...400 to paint it? I dunno...someone i knew was quoted 300 for a front lip...so...i dunno...thats just a top of my head guess...

Glowrider
02-25-2003, 06:27 PM
People who mess with cars like that fucked up. When my sis got her X5, it got keyed the FIRST day she had it at school. Messed up people.

kevie88
02-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear that.

I came home last night to find my car had been backed into, and pushed onto the sidewalk. luckily there wasn't much damage (barely noticeable) but still really sucks.
I noticed that there were tire tracks in the snow where it happened so I took pictures of the tread pattern, wheelbase measurements ect ect. There was a little bit of rust on the ground so I grabbed some of that as a sample as well.

I'm gonna find the fucker who did this -I swear!!

___2PaC___
02-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Light_Speed
Man i hate idiots that do shit like that
u should try to find out who the fuk did that shit

:werd:

Stupid idiots these days. Jealousy is the cause I tell ya

Canadian 2.5RS
02-25-2003, 06:35 PM
some people's kids! people that hit and run should be shot and pissed on. someone scraped and dented the side of my car while backing out of a stall at the mall and took off. now i have this barely noticeable dent that runs along my rear door all the way to the rear fender.

like i said before... shot and pissed on!!!

T5_X
02-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
some people's kids! people that hit and run should be shot and pissed on. someone scraped and dented the side of my car while backing out of a stall at the mall and took off. now i have this barely noticeable dent that runs along my rear door all the way to the rear fender.

like i said before... shot and pissed on!!!

Someone did the exact same thing to my truck, only the dent runs along my drivers side door to the front fender. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Weapon_R
02-25-2003, 06:49 PM
When we find him, we'll murder him. Check the school cameras and see if they caught anyone walking around your car. :guns:

The only way to cover it up I think is to get some good scratch remover and try and see if you can polish it out. If its too deep, you'd have to repaint the whole doors, and that isn't cheap.

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

Stupid idiots these days. Jealousy is the cause I tell ya

the constable at my school checked the cameras, the idiots only have it facing one corner of the lot, on the exact opposite side of where i was parked, i think im going to put a video camera in a friends car tommorow facing my truck, if i seen anyone going up to it to look at it ill know its them. Whoever did it wont be leaving their house i can tell you that:thumbsdow :guns:

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 07:24 PM
i cant stand the pussies who wait till they know im in class and they wont be caught, ill find out sooner or later who did it though guaranteed, i guess i have to find a beater to drive from now on :thumbsdown:

Smartiepants
02-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Where do you go to school?

Sorry to hear that

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 07:34 PM
i go to pearson in the NE

Dope Dealer
02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
i go to pearson in the NW

Lester B. Pearson?

That's in the NE....

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Lester B. Pearson?

That's in the NE....

ahah dont know whats wrong with me:banghead:

Dope Dealer
02-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Anyways....

Sorry to hear that :( Used to live in that area.

My buddy got his car keyed a while back and although it's never happened to me personally, I know how you feel.

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 07:46 PM
thanks guys, so anyone know of something that will take it out? i tried some meguires (sp?) it took the scratch out alot, but i can still see some :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
02-25-2003, 08:24 PM
I've heard that 3M Imperial Hand Glaze does the trick.

redline_13000
02-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I've heard that 3M Imperial Hand Glaze does the trick.

where can i find it?

THREE40SEVEN
02-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Fucking shitty man....Disrespectful bastards..

FiveFreshFish
02-25-2003, 11:56 PM

where can i find it?

I'm not sure where to get it in Calgary, except for mail order from the states. Lots of guys in the US rave about Imperial Hand Glaze but I haven't tried it myself.

FiveFreshFish
02-25-2003, 11:56 PM

where can i find it?

I'm not sure where to get it in Calgary, except for mail order from the states. Lots of guys in the US rave about Imperial Hand Glaze but I haven't tried it myself.

Mikaldor
02-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
Sorry to hear that.

I came home last night to find my car had been backed into, and pushed onto the sidewalk. luckily there wasn't much damage (barely noticeable) but still really sucks.
I noticed that there were tire tracks in the snow where it happened so I took pictures of the tread pattern, wheelbase measurements ect ect. There was a little bit of rust on the ground so I grabbed some of that as a sample as well.

I'm gonna find the fucker who did this -I swear!!

Man, sorry to hear about your car being hit. You might want to check with the AMA driving school. They practice parallel parking all the time on our street and they may have bumped your car and decided that the damage wasn't enough to leave you a card or anything. :guns: