PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Audi S4

arirojas
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
let me if you're selling an S4.

retro-steve
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
not going to find too many here...my best advice is to go to http://www.trader.ca go to the ontario section and search through there. the cars are, on average, $2,000-$5,000 cheaper than buying in alberta and it's only about $1,000 to ship plus $120 for OOP.

faizalk786
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
umm there is a reason they are cheaper, first all THE RUST second if you bring a car here from there and try to sell it later on it will be problems up the ass, it's not even worth it unless your going to drive it into the ground and then once again the rust. but good advice :thumbsdow

wtb
12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
just go for some rust protection, it will stop the rust from spreading, then you're good to go.

AllGoNoShow
12-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Interested in a modded A4 turbo?

arirojas
12-07-2005, 01:56 AM
thanks guys, not really interested in a modded car.

Nite_Rydah
12-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by retro-steve
not going to find too many here...my best advice is to go to http://www.trader.ca go to the ontario section and search through there. the cars are, on average, $2,000-$5,000 cheaper than buying in alberta and it's only about $1,000 to ship plus $120 for OOP.
Where are all the cars from Ontario? There's barely any on there, is there a better site around or am I just missing something here?

faizalk786
12-10-2005, 02:20 AM
that's true there used to be tones of cars on that site a year ago, i wonder if there is something else new

Drsuce
12-11-2005, 11:43 AM
i just bought a car from quebec.... no rust on it at all. i also noticed that they used sand on the roads and not salt *shrug*

arirojas
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
i dont know how much i would trust importing a car that i hadn't seen in person, did you fly out there drsuce?

retro-steve
12-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by faizalk786
umm there is a reason they are cheaper, first all THE RUST second if you bring a car here from there and try to sell it later on it will be problems up the ass, it's not even worth it unless your going to drive it into the ground and then once again the rust. but good advice :thumbsdow

yes the rust on a car with an aluminium frame! :banghead: do you know what happens when aluminium oxidizes? it makes a protective coating around the rest of the aluminium hence no rust. also people that buy cars like S4's generally rust protect if there's any chance of rust. you can also get rust checks done with a saftey and they will try to remove the rust if there is any.

problems later on eh? how does that work? if it's registered here you are now selling an alberta car. they won't need an OOP to register it as a new owner unless they live outside alberta.

to the guy looking for the car: talk to me if you're interested. i have people in toronto that can look at the car and take detailed pictures and even arrange the shipping for a small fee if you're interested.

FiveFreshFish
12-11-2005, 05:08 PM
I owned a B5 S4 for a couple of years from new. Here are some facts:

- The A4/S4 body and frame are fully galvanized steel, not aluminum. The A8/S8 use aluminum.

- Some suspension components are aluminum.

- Comes with a 12-year limited corrosion warranty.

- Factory paint isn't the greatest and tends to chip easily.

- The factory K03 turbos could be a liability. K04 turbos and RS4 intercoolers are recommended if you want to mod for more HP.

- S4 only comes with halogen headlights in Canada. Euro headlights with HID are common swaps and easy to do.

- Good aftermarket stuff available.

- Transmissions: 6-speed manual or 5-speed tiptronic.

- There were two interior options available: nappa leather with birdseye maple (dark grey) wood trim, or nappa leather + alcantara inserts with aluminum trim and aluminum-coloured sideview mirror housings.

- Your best sources of info:
http://www.audiworld.com/forum/
http://www.audizine.com/forum/

MiniMan
12-23-2005, 10:56 PM
I have a C4 S4 I'd be willing to sell. PM me if interested.

Corey