PDA

View Full Version : my heart

90Tegra
12-06-2005, 03:17 PM
im 18 and im healthy. My body fat is 11 percent. im 5'6 152 pounds. and i work out daily.

Ive noticed some days a small pain in my heart like it comes and goes. should i see my doctor? and does anyone else get this?

7thgenvic
12-06-2005, 03:17 PM
probably!

finboy
12-06-2005, 03:27 PM
tape worm of the heart? :dunno: :rofl:

tictactoe2004
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Just like I usually say... When it comes to health problems and things like heart pains, my gut instinct would tell me to check with a doctor versus checking with people on a car forum.

Problem with your turbo? Ask here

Your car won't start? Ask here...

Looking for rims or a body kit? Ask here...

Pain in your heart? ASK A DOCTOR!

bradwatson
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
i have the same thing, i went to see my doc and he said it was some problem caused by a lot of cardio workout without proper warmup. Do you notice it is worse like 1-2 days after a really tough workout? He said that most people dont warm up properly when doing workouts, so i make a special effort every time to make sure im warmed up before givin-er. :thumbsup: That might help. If not, see your doc, its not worth "waiting" to see what it is if its something serious. It could get worse :thumbsdow

dave101
12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
is it when you breath in sometimes? cause in know sometimes randomly when i breath in i get this sharp pain in my heart. Its like a searing pain and lasts until i finish breathing in all that i can until i cant breath in anymore in that breath. <ha could be confusing. but ya

shakalaka
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
^Thats right, I used to feel the same sometimes after a session of intense workout. But I started doing cardio before my weight lifting, I stopped feeling it.
EDIT: I was referring to what brad said.

mazda_maniac
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Any anatomical or body function complication should be game for consultation by a doctor.... not us mech heads on a car forum. Its worth the trip. They went to school for a damn long time for their position, they will have the knowledge

bradwatson
12-06-2005, 03:34 PM
true true! come see me if anyone has any health concerns.....as long as its after 2012 ROFL

khtm
12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
my roommate had problems like this...

are you a coffee drinker?

try stopping...that worked for him.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=chest+pains+coffee&meta=

tictactoe2004
12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by khtm

or you may want to try flipping upside down, kinda like a headstand while drinking expired milk. That worked for a friend of a friend... or, if your doing the above already, then try stopping it for a week... see what happens.

khtm
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
^ thanks for the useless comment...at least I'm trying to help.

It's not exactly an old wives tail that caffeine can be related to chest pain, among other problems.

90Tegra
12-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by khtm

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&amp;q=chest+pains+coffee&amp;meta=

no i don't drink coffee regularly maybe once a week.

khtm
12-06-2005, 03:57 PM
pop, tea...anything with caffeine?

try cutting all caffeine for a week and see if that makes a difference.

Ben
12-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Describe the pain, I see something listed above likened to a one off sharp pain during inhale/exhale, would I be correct to describe it as if your heart got snagged on a jagged peice of your rib cage type feeling (not saying thats what it is, just what it FEELS like).

sputnik
12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Doctors are a waste of time.

I'm sure that the fine people at Beyond will be able to scrape together an accurate diagnosis.

:goflames:

FiveFreshFish
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I'm sure that the fine people at Beyond will be able to scrape together an accurate diagnosis.

Not without a pic. ;)

bspot
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Trust me... don't screw around with your heart. Go see a Doctor soon!

I'm 23, totally healthy, slim, active. My heart was feeling funny one day so I waited a while and went to the clinic that night. Even the doctor at the clinic sent me home. The next day it stopped :eek:

The moral of the story, make sure you go to a doctor, and make sure its someone who knows what they are talking about. I've never been that scared in my life and I don't wish it on anyone, so take care of it before it gets to that point ;)

Don't let my comments freak you out either, odds are that you are fine, but you should always be sure.

90Tegra
12-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Describe the pain, I see something listed above likened to a one off sharp pain during inhale/exhale, would I be correct to describe it as if your heart got snagged on a jagged peice of your rib cage type feeling (not saying thats what it is, just what it FEELS like).

It feels more like someone grabs my heart and lets go for a quick second, or like there is to much pressure on my heart.

anyways my family doctor is a moron so should i just walk into a hospitall?

tictactoe2004
12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra

anyways my family doctor is a moron

My guess is your "moron" doctor knows more about health and the human body than car nuts googling your symptoms.

urbannomad
12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
i had this too, when i was 15.... i found out i was eating too fast and indigestion and heart burn kicked in.... but i never went to a doctor....my dad was one ... j/p. you should check it out with your doc and not with us :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
12-06-2005, 10:39 PM
i have that pain that ben and dave are describing once in a while...wtf is it?

Mr. Burns
12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
The same thing happens to me every once in a while (once or twice a month). I was at the doctor once for something else and I described the pain to him and he said that it is common in younger males and that it is nothing to worry about. He didn't elaborate any further.

Foz
12-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Go see a doctor as soon as possible.

codo
12-06-2005, 11:41 PM
go see your doc you silly twat

Carfanman
12-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by codo
go see your doc you silly twat

That basically sums it up.

Doctors are a waste of time.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Z24_3.1.
12-15-2005, 02:20 AM
hey buddy go and see your doc man in the worst case it can be like my buddy got a new heart hes only 15 man dont let it come to that

lastprodigy
12-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Z24_3.1.
my buddy got a new heart hes only 15
:confused:

Z24_3.1.
12-15-2005, 02:25 AM
yeah went through a transplant needs one more this one got another thing wrong with it

heavyD
12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
As people already said you shouldn't mess around with something like this and at least see your doctor. Most likely at your age it can be any of a few things:

-gas pains from indigestion
-anxiety attack
-chest muscle cramps

I get them from all three of the above and as one fella already said that the pains are common and totally normal. If you are really having a heart attack your left side will turn pins & needles, you will feel a shortness of breath, possibly vomit, and you will feel a sharp pain through your chest, upper back and even jaw. They say if you feel anything like this besides getting help, try to cough as hard as you can. I'm no doctor of course but I suffered the same sort of pains in my 20's and after x-rays & doctors reasurring me I was okay I did some research.