PDA

View Full Version : Boston or Infinity comps for my amp?

Harryc8786
12-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey guys I have a Kicker KX 350.4, nothing too beefy. Well right now I have my 6x9's and stock 6's in my sebring on that amp. I plan to get components very soon. I was just going to buy the Boston Acoustics I think SL model or somehting, its maybe like their mid entery components in the $300 usd range. Now I find out about these infinity's that are priced very similar, sound about equal... I was told their 2 ohm speakers instead. On kickers website it says nothing about the amp on 2ohms, so I am not even sure if its 2 ohm stable.... Does anyone know? If it was 2 ohm stable would I hear a difference in sound due to more power?

I have kicker 3-way 6x9's in the back but my firned has some boston 3-ways I might be able to trade him for.... What would you guys do?

I should I check out any other companies that compare to these and fall in the same price range?

WWJAI
12-07-2005, 09:50 AM
just go around and have a listen to as much speakers as you'd possibly like..you'll definitely find one you look in the 300usd range.
But overall, yah i pretty sure your 2ohm speakers should be able to run on your amp. The amp runs at 90RMS x 4 at 2ohms and its 175RMS X 2 at 4 ohms when its bridged.

If your looking for clarity, instead of bass in the speakers, i'd definitely go with the Infinity comps over boston.

Just my 2cents.

That.Guy.S30
12-07-2005, 06:22 PM
gotta remember if its infinity reference speakers. dont bother. if its the kappas then maybe. maybe as in they lack midbass, but make up in the clearity.

SWX
12-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Of the three you mentiond the Boston IMO would be your best choice. I would however listen to them all first.