PDA

View Full Version : What's it gonna take?

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey guy's, just a general observation. I have noticed that the cars here in Calgary (and Edmonton is getting better) are of superior quality. It's getting hard to get noticed. You used to be able to slap some wheels on a car, throw on a bodykit and slam it to the ground. BUT now-a-days people have been comming up with extreme crazy mods. So here is my question to all of you....what's it gonna take to get my car noticed? I want some feed back to what you think i should do to my car (1997 ITR) in order to keep it extreme. Any input will be put to good use! Thanx.

Superesc
02-25-2003, 09:10 PM
jdm front end conversion.

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
PS: i don't want any of this BS about "it's a Type R and you shouldn't touch it!!!" because i've been in this game long enough to know that anything goes! And yes i will be using some suggestions and you will be able to see the progress this year at upcomming car shows in Alberta.

B18C
02-25-2003, 09:12 PM
How much do you want to spend?

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:12 PM
JDM conversion, hasn't that been played out, what about a ACURA CL conversion, lil' different?

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
in time money is no object, right?

Superesc
02-25-2003, 09:14 PM
What ever floats your boat I guess, Gull wing, R34 conversion, etc etc

hinggu
02-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
jdm front end conversion.

:thumbsup:

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:21 PM
somebody left me a private message wanting to know what's been done to the car so far:

Apexi N1 exhaust
Apexi VTEC controller (VAFC)
Eibach Springs

dat's it dat's all. the rest is up to you. make me a superstar

Superesc
02-25-2003, 09:25 PM
well then you will need rims. and since you want to be a super star, I would say something nice and big.. VOLKS (19" TE37?), Racing hart? pretty muchanything 19". Even Niche.... I dare you hehehe

As of conversion, if you really like extreme conversion... I guess anything go.. Give it a shot with the CL... or Silvia?

Illusionsir
02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
the s-15 front end convo, with the blitz bumper is WILD on integras. my 2 cents.

mrmattyk
02-25-2003, 09:29 PM
led windshield squirters, that's get you noticed ;)
Inquire to Leo, merchant of glowing mods. :nut:

Paul
02-25-2003, 09:30 PM
i'm reading other threads right now and seeing alot of people bitching about how everybody is hating on each other's cars. But nobody has stopped to think that maybe it's this competitiveness that's making Alberta's import scene so good. Thank you everybody for your feedback, remember your car is yours, and what you do to it should reflect who you are and no body else.

KoukiS14
02-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
the s-15 front end convo, with the blitz bumper is WILD on integras. my 2 cents.

:thumbsdow

Not Cool

B18C
02-25-2003, 09:34 PM
I'd say 19" Volks or Advans or something equally bling. Then you are going to have to drop her at least a couple inches. I've seen pictures of an S-15 conversion on a teg somewhere on the 'net and I was impressed. Then you are going to need turbo so you can impress the blind with a crazy blow-off valve.

Well that would definitely get my attention.

mrmattyk
02-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

ITS NOT A NISSAN!! :thumbsdow

jaylo
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Paul
remember your car is yours, and what you do to it should reflect who you are and no body else.

then you should be able to opt what mods you're going to do next :) as far as jdm front end, it would never be played out b/c it looks damn good. I'd suggest on getting that first if you want to get noticed. Then Mugen or Volk GT series wheels. Etc...

Melinda
02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
You want to get noticed, right? Then I'm assming you're talking cosmetic stuff. I'd do Rims, rubber, kit, and slam it. Stay away from lights if you can, though some different tails and stuff can look good on the car. JDM conversion has only been done on 1 or 2 ITR's in Calgary I think so thats always an option...a different paint color would make ya stick out as well, since the ITR only really comes in the 2 colors in Canada.

Good luck man, have fun with it, you got a pretty good set of wheels there!

Melinda

Ben
02-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Bah, this JDM craze is geting a bit much.

szw
02-25-2003, 09:43 PM
VOLKS VOLKS VOLKS!

KoukiS14
02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Alot of people talk the talk but how many actually follow through.

kevie88
02-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Take all the money you're wanting to spend making it "look extreme" and put all of it into the motor/tranny and suspension. Then it will actually BE extreme, and not just look like it.

Superesc
02-25-2003, 10:05 PM
I am one of those Talk the Talk kinda guy.

Blue Devil 2
02-25-2003, 10:09 PM
did i hear you say you "wanna be a superstar" ? haha, try out for american idol

B18C
02-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
I am one of those Talk the Talk kinda guy.

No you are one of those :bigpimp: kinda guys

Superesc
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by B18C

No you are one of those :bigpimp: kinda guys

haha no as big as you, S/C pimp. Also I don't drive a Lude hahaha

Weapon_R
02-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Everyone is screaming Volks like they are something special. In my opinion, almost everyone who has a decent bit of cash buys the same wheels - either volks or racing harts.

In my opinion, don't basterdize your teg by doing something stupid like a CL conversion\nissan conversion. Go for a JDM teg conversion, we only have a couple in the city, so it's far from being played out. It's the cleanest thing you can do to your teg.

Illusionsir
02-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14

:thumbsdow

Not Cool

why?? you`ll get noticed with that.... and was that not the question??:dunno:

Superesc
02-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Personally, I am going to stop preaching the JDM thing, Paul here is obviously not into that and he wants something more extreme, and that's the kind of COmments and suggestions that I am going to give.

Why try to force a person to like a certain thing when you know they won't like it. Just give them what they are looking for, that's what I think.

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Right hand conversions are becoming more and more popular and of course speed and performance has taken priority over show

Paul
02-25-2003, 11:11 PM
some very good responses both posted here and given to me privately. Someone did mention wheels (no not volks) and i ordered them. They are 18" Tenzo Sinko-R's in gunmetal. Now we got the rollers taken care of let's work on the body mods, I'm hearing alot about the JDM look, which is different from what i was originally looking for (originally it was a CL conversion) and am seriously considering it. We also got ourselves a FI carbon fiber hood, that should dress up that department. Body Graphic's are a must, especially since i'm teamed up with Silent Rage, so that's taken care of, LED windshield squirters I will avoid for now. Keep those recommendations comming.

PS i'm still trying to find some good pic's of the Sylvia conversion, i think Bomex makes one but can't find it, if anyone know's of some good pic's please post them.

Thanks.

ACS-e36
02-26-2003, 01:14 AM
hmm i think that CL front conversion would be interesting... i would slap on a lude ass

syeve
02-26-2003, 01:19 AM
check out a cwest kit for your car...they always have the pimp shit.
Someone else said it before, but JDM is NOT played out...so many people talk about it, but so very few people actually do it. If you do it properly you will have one a very few cars in Canada.

ninjak84
02-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Alot of people talk the talk but how many actually follow through.

Gunmetal rims with a polished red lip baby!!

FiveFreshFish
02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Right hand conversions are becoming more and more popular and of course speed and performance has taken priority over show

:werd: If you perform a RHD conversion, you won't need to do anything else to stand out from the crowd.

jdmakkord
02-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Please dont bastardize that poor type r with cl lights or a silvia conversion. Do you want to be different???? Leave it stock. Thats different enough these days.

HK2NR
02-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Is RHD legal in canada?

Redlyne_mr2
02-26-2003, 01:23 AM
some very good responses both posted here and given to me privately. Someone did mention wheels (no not volks) and i ordered them. They are 18" Tenzo Sinko-R's in gunmetal. Now we got the rollers taken care of let's work on the body mods, I'm hearing alot about the JDM look, which is different from what i was originally looking for (originally it was a CL conversion) and am seriously considering it. We also got ourselves a FI carbon fiber hood, that should dress up that department. Body Graphic's are a must, especially since i'm teamed up with Silent Rage, so that's taken care of, LED windshield squirters I will avoid for now. Keep those recommendations comming.

PS i'm still trying to find some good pic's of the Sylvia conversion, i think Bomex makes one but can't find it, if anyone know's of some good pic's please post them.

Thanks.
Please stay away from gay silvia and cl headlight conversions on a Type R and if you must add graphicsplease keep the clean and tastefull.

HK2NR
02-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Please dont bastardize that poor type r with cl lights or a silvia conversion. Do you want to be different???? Leave it stock. Thats different enough these days.

:werd: but i would just work the engine:clap:

THREE40SEVEN
02-26-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

:werd: If you perform a RHD conversion, you won't need to do anything else to stand out from the crowd.
Are you talking of converting a canadian car to RHD?
If so, that would be the biggest waste of money i have EVER heard of.
WHY would anyone want to do this?

5.9 R/T
02-26-2003, 01:31 AM
I vote for an Escalade conversion, they seem to be hot these days... :dunno:

szw
02-26-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

So you can drive backwards at drivethru's

Dave P
02-26-2003, 01:34 AM
Sunfire Conversion

bwhahahzahahaha

B18C
02-26-2003, 01:35 AM
Well this guys wants to be extreme so why not a S15 conversion? I personally love the JDM conversion but I don't think that it is extreme by any means.

Why convert to RHD? Sure it's a waste of money but it would definitely be different. If he wants to get noticed I think this is the way to go.

FiveFreshFish
02-26-2003, 01:38 AM

Paul wants his car to be unique and stand out. That's about the only reason he needs if he has the money and the means to do it. How many RHD cars have you seen on the road here?

Personally, I'd never do it because left turns would be a bitch and I'd have to learn how to shift with my left hand.

FiveFreshFish
02-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by szw

or the left side at Peter's drive-in :D

ACS-e36
02-26-2003, 01:40 AM
doh... my CL idea got shot down :(

HK2NR
02-26-2003, 01:41 AM

I'd have to learn how to shift with my left hand.

gotta play more initial D :rofl:

sexualbanana
02-26-2003, 01:45 AM
i'm reading other threads right now and seeing alot of people bitching about how everybody is hating on each other's cars. But nobody has stopped to think that maybe it's this competitiveness that's making Alberta's import scene so good.

i wouldn't say it's the competitiveness. personally, the competitiveness is something i don't like about the import scene. i admire vw owners because they're all knowledgeable about their cars and they have more of a comraderie between them. whereas the japanese import community is more about one-upmanship. especially with this popularity causing an increase in people who aren't terribly knowledgable about cars

Redlyne_mr2
02-26-2003, 01:46 AM
Passing someone on a single lane highway without a passenger to spot for you would be scary as hell in a RHD car...downshift, floor it and hope for the best

Weapon_R
02-26-2003, 01:52 AM
The conversion to CL headlights looks bad because the big CL lights are too close together...they make the car look cross - eyed.

Here's a CL conversion

http://www.andysautosport.com/images/calithunderfb1.jpg - looks nice on picture, not so hot in real life.

And the S15 Conversion

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/171000-171999/171642_1_full.jpg

This looks a lot better but still not as nice as:

http://imoto.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/ITRcon.jpg

fcuk_it
02-26-2003, 02:51 AM
FORCED INDUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha make your car known on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James
02-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

i wouldn't say it's the competitiveness. personally, the competitiveness is something i don't like about the import scene. i admire vw owners because they're all knowledgeable about their cars and they have more of a comraderie between them. whereas the japanese import community is more about one-upmanship. especially with this popularity causing an increase in people who aren't terribly knowledgable about cars

:werd:

del-lude
02-26-2003, 09:14 AM
If you want to get the car noticed, the first thing that is gonna catch anyones eyes is the color of the car. For instance, shadowz car, that bright glowy orange catches your eyes from blocks away. So if you want to stand out, paint it a nice color that will get peoples attention. And you can never get enough of the JDM conversions... cleanest and best lookin conversion there is.

THREE40SEVEN
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by szw

That would be fun..........

Paul wants his car to be unique and stand out. That's about the only reason he needs if he has the money and the means to do it. How many RHD cars have you seen on the road here?

Personally, I'd never do it because left turns would be a bitch and I'd have to learn how to shift with my left hand.

I hope this car does the 1/4 in 12 seconds or less and pulls over 1 g in the corners before he wastes his money changing driving position.

Glowrider
02-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Build the shit out of the engine (all motor). Tein suspension. Volks.

Auto-x!

Paul
02-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Thank you all for replying, and for posting the pictures of the kits. Yes I do agree on that CL conversion (from Andy's autosport) is a bit too much. The CL conversion I was thinking of is actually offered by VIS, it's not nearly as extreme. And I guess if i decide to go with a JDM kit I'll have to sell my CF hood cuz that just won't fit! DANG!

Superesc
02-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Sweet another JDM teg :thumbsup:

rage2
02-26-2003, 11:06 AM

For show... it's quite popular down in the states for some odd reason. It'll definately get people's attention.

Ben
02-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by rage2

For show... it's quite popular down in the states for some odd reason. It'll definately get people's attention.

Yeah, cause when they throw their Empty can of Bud it goes right into the ditch versus into oncomming traffic, heh.

It looks great but I would hate to drive with a RHD car, North America isn't designed for it, I'm surprised its legal...

95acc
02-26-2003, 11:10 AM

If you want to win at shows come and see us at Impressions Auto Designz, We are alberta's #1 show winning tuner shop. We WILL make people stop and look.

Melinda
02-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by 95acc

If you want to win at shows come and see us at Impressions Auto Designz, We are alberta's #1 show winning tuner shop. We WILL make people stop and look.
:werd: Impressions does really great work, they're cars always blow everything away.

Mel

GTS Jeff
02-26-2003, 11:51 AM
uh the reason jdm conversions are popular is cuz jdm looks much nicer than usdm. usually, when a tuner imports a usdm corolla into japan, the first thing they do is get rid of the usdm bumpers/frontend and swap in jdm stuff....cuz usdm is FUGLY!

special blend
02-26-2003, 12:37 PM
I would personaly make it more go than show. Type R's look great as they are. I would only do wheels for exterior look and concentrate on everything performance from bigger brakes and so on. People will look twice when you blow the doors off almost anything at the track. Sleepers are the way to go;)

dogstar
02-26-2003, 01:39 PM
im too lazy to read all the posts, but if you want something different, do an acura TSX conversion...
no, it wont be cheap, or easy to get the parts, but i bet youll be the first to do it.

SplineZ
02-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

ITS NOT A NISSAN!! :thumbsdow

Hence it getting attention...Negitive or positive.
Who cares who makes the car, make it whatever the hell you want.. thats why kit cars, and body kits are around :) Why does it matter if the parts come from a difference manufacturer? even if they arent meant to be there.. I guess it adds a custom effect to the car, and in anycase you'd be getting attention..

but about this attention thing.. why? myself I'd want a car that doesnt stand out like a sore thumb, but make everything polished and make it looks like it belongs! Drawing attention from teh wrong crowd is just asking for the car to get jacked, or keyed..

Edit: Or buy another car that isnt seen everywhere.. Integras are seen all over the place, and most people that oogle at the outside of cars cant tell the difference between a Type R, or a RS besides lookin at the badges or the HUGE ass stickers being placed all over.

Just my 3c :)

JZ

95acc
02-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Impressions does really great work, they're cars always blow everything away.

Thanks Mel, we do what we can and try to stand out a little from the others.

Paul
02-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SplineZ

but about this attention thing.. why? myself I'd want a car that doesnt stand out like a sore thumb, but make everything polished and make it looks like it belongs! Drawing attention from teh wrong crowd is just asking for the car to get jacked, or keyed..

Just my 3c :)

JZ

The car is to become a Show Car, and no longer my daily driver. But i understand your concern.

95acc
02-27-2003, 09:14 AM
I disagree, you can have a show winning car that is driven. ALL of our show cars are daily driven in the summer, sure there might be a few rock chips but we build useable cars, these cars are driven to every show including Van. and we still win. You can get a little more extreme if you do not drive the car but what fun is it building a car you can not enjoy?

SplineZ
02-27-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 95acc
what fun is it building a car you can not enjoy?

True'r words have never been spoke! :D

JZ

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 01:40 PM
There used to be a body kit (it's old school now) for the DC2's with a 6-hole front bumper meaning two projector (low-beams), 2 high-beams, and 2-fog lights sorta like this:
(OOO A OOO) I'll try and find a pic. I've always liked that FB, it's a unique look:thumbsup:

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Okay, here's a pic of that kit, don't know if it's what your looking for.....

95acc
02-27-2003, 01:57 PM
hmmm.
thats terrible!

Melinda
02-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Looks like some sort of alien integra lol...definately a new look for sure.

Mel

jaylo
02-27-2003, 06:10 PM
OMG kill it! Kill it!
Looks like it has an eyes of a spider, freaky...