PDA

View Full Version : Pointe of View Developments

GSR Zero
12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey all,

Has anyone dealt with Pointe of View Developments at all? My cousin is looking to purchase a place in one of their new developments. Thanks for your help in advance!

Evo prec
12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
really nice places my parents own one but know nothing about it, as they rent it out...

GoChris
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
a condo? ya I have one, no problems with it so far, had some silicon/caulking redone at the 1 year maintenance thing, and the front door re-aligned a bit and thats about it really. a spot on our lino is discoloured but being replaced and thats a rare isolated problem so cant really say thats a problem or anything since the guy hadnt seen it before.

id recommend them again. now the management company sucks however that maintains the place...plus condo board people are anal fucktards.

3g4me
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Nice places. Really nice architecture.

mac_gurl
12-07-2005, 12:11 PM
We have one. No problems, and really enjoy it.
Just beware about how long it takes to be ready. We put our deposit down in february 02, and moved in October 03. It was fine for us, cause we lived at home with our parents, so could move anytime. I would feel really sorrry for someone who owned/rented somewhere, as they can only give you 30 days notice for possession.

D. Dub
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
in the industry they're known as the cardboard condo kings :D

IMO they really are the cheapest of the cheap. In new home construction you get what you pay for.

All that being said, they do fit a niche for cheap condos but there are also much better builders out there in that niche.

HRD2PLZ
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a Pointe of View. I don't live in it but it makes for a really decent rental :D

Foz
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
My realtor tells me that their quality isn't the greatest, but that's what you pay for.

Weapon_R
12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Put a deposit now, flip when they are complete :D

GSR Zero
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I've heard that the shared walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors quite a bit. Is this true?

mac_gurl
12-07-2005, 12:42 PM
We don't have big problems with our neighbours. Every so often, he blasts his disco/rave music at midnight... Other than that, you can't really here others.
We are on the top floor though, so i can't comment on the noise from above.

Davetronz
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Yea I have dealt with them. Very professional sales people, but they have a really snotty lady in their design studio that almost made me lose my deposit as she treated me that badly...

D. Dub
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by GSR Zero
I've heard that the shared walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors quite a bit. Is this true?

cheap "stick" construction = cheap thin walls

Justing
12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

IMO they really are the cheapest of the cheap. In new home construction you get what you pay for.

All that being said, they do fit a niche for cheap condos but there are also much better builders out there in that niche.

:werd:
I must say there are many better builders out there. The sales people that we went to see were also a bunch of douche bags. Seemed unprofessional and uninterested in making a sale. The quality is just not there but i guess you get what you pay for.
IMO pointe of view developments are much better to rent/flip than they are to live in.

bigboom
12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
probably the worst condo builder in calgary...ask anyone in the industry and the first bit of advice they give you is to stay away from Pointe of View.

FiveFreshFish
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
I put a deposit on one in '96. It was the best and biggest unit on the top floor of the condo complex by Crowfoot.

Only one surface parking spot was included. To upgrade to underground, I would have had to pay $6,000 more and a second underground spot would have been another $9,000. What killed the deal was that even if I paid an extra $15,000 for 2 underground spots, they would be assigned randomly which means it's unlikely to get both spots next to each other.

So I took back my deposit and bought a house instead. Good thing because now that unit overlooks a trailer park. :nut:

brandon
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
probably the worst condo builder in calgary...ask anyone in the industry and the first bit of advice they give you is to stay away from Pointe of View.

sooo true!

bigboom
12-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
a condo? ya I have one, no problems with it so far, had some silicon/caulking redone at the 1 year maintenance thing, and the front door re-aligned a bit and thats about it really. a spot on our lino is discoloured but being replaced and thats a rare isolated problem so cant really say thats a problem or anything since the guy hadnt seen it before.

id recommend them again. now the management company sucks however that maintains the place...plus condo board people are anal fucktards.

do you live in the building on 6th ave there? from rumours ive heard all the units in that building have had problems with the door being aligned and having people trapped in their room because of that problem. now from what i have heard what happened is they put that up in such a hurry they did not let the foundation and columns set properly and because of that it has sunk 6 inches shifting the building and misaligning all the doors...

googe
12-07-2005, 02:47 PM
point of poo, they have class action lawsuits against them. their stuff looks nice at first, but they cut way too many corners and youll probably regret it. coworker bought one brand new about a year ago, says he can hear the guy above him get up to take a leak in the night. ive heard lots of bad experiences. most people into real estate know to stay away from them.

dericer
12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I know 4 people, including my self who live in Pointe of View.

No complaints, but I second the Condo Board complaint.

Condominium First sucks.

The_1
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
just sold mine on Dec 1 in citadel
would not buy another one from them but it was a good unit for rental

R-Audi
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I have friends that own one in Bridlewood, they enjoy it, but the one downtown has nothing but problems.. as mentioned above the foundationm wasnt done correctly, and the entire building has a tilt to it..

mwmhong
12-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

do you live in the building on 6th ave there? from rumours ive heard all the units in that building have had problems with the door being aligned and having people trapped in their room because of that problem. now from what i have heard what happened is they put that up in such a hurry they did not let the foundation and columns set properly and because of that it has sunk 6 inches shifting the building and misaligning all the doors...

I think there are two, the Discovery and the Tarjan, side by side. The Discovery is the older Pagoda towers which is probably the sinking one, unless the other has already sunk?

http://www.biologydaily.com/biology/upload/thumb/c/cb/220px-Leaning-tower-of-pisa.jpg

Zero102
12-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Haha, I've worked on lots of them.
I remember when the one downtown got so crooked the elevator couldn't go all the way up....
The one in county hills, they built the elevator shaft 6" too shall (both depth and width), and they couldn't fit the elevator in. That was 2 weeks of jackhammering the elevator shaft out of an almost finished building...

The one in mackenzie town by the walmart, they had the first 2 floors drywalled before the roof was on. It rained HARD, and there was water coming through the roof in every room, so they just brought heaters out to try and dry it out, never pulled the drywall down or anything, I'd be too afraid of future mold problems in that building, etc.

I would NEVER live in one, not on my life.
They are the cheapest of the cheapest of the cheap, and even then, they are overpriced.

tjtd00
12-08-2005, 06:15 PM
i own one, its not all too bad for a first home purchase, but i wont be staying here for the next 10 years for sure...cheap morgage and getting your foot in the door is the best way to go even if they aren't the best...always remeber, there is some else out there foolish enough to buy it without knowing about the builder or construction:thumbsup:

TomK
12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I remember when the one downtown got so crooked the elevator couldn't go all the way up....

Are you f*cking kidding me? :eek:

There used to be a thread on this system about that Discovery pointe sinking (assume its the taller one?)

I assumed bigboom's comments about people not being able to get out of their suites was the doors expanding from the summer humidity. Wouldn't the building be in danger of collapse if it had tilted/flexed that much?

But if things have moved enough that the elevator wouldn't function, thats just unreal. Wouldn't the windows start popping out?

Times like this I wish I understood construction trades....

danno
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
i own one, it's not the best but could be worse. my mortgage is only $365 every 2 weeks. basically with condo fees it's almost 1000 a month. beats the hell out of renting. in my complex they've gone up 10% this year. that's 15000g's in the pocket. do it for a few more years and have around 50000g's. just flip it for a house. sounds like a good way to start.

i've worked in quite a few residential places and they all have problems.

Zero102
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
tomk, no kidding, I was on site that day... It was a pretty big fuck-up. It was a combination of the building sinking unevenly, and the elevator shaft being built a little bit crooked. Took some work to get it moving again.

Most likely it is a combination of the building settling, and the doors expanding that caused them to not open. The building is built from concrete, so it's not going to shift very much.
the 4-story and under ones are all wood (stick) framed, and do shift quite a lot.

It's unfortunate that they appreciate at such an extreme rate, because in 10-20 years they will be worthless because they are falling apart so bad, growing mold, etc.

Actually that reminds me of a story about the one in country hills... They drywalled part of the parkade, around the storage rooms, and over about a month, massive amounts of mold grew on/in the drywall, eventually they had to rip it all out, but mold never just goes away.... Just another thing to worry about...

rc2002
12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
It's unfortunate that they appreciate at such an extreme rate, because in 10-20 years they will be worthless because they are falling apart so bad, growing mold, etc.

DING DING DING! People are getting lucky buying Condo's now and flipping them. But I have a feeling that not everyone is going to get out the door so lucky. Only reason Condos are appreciating so much is because supply hasn't caught up to demand yet (which I think is going to happen VERY soon - there's Condos going up everywhere).

But in a few years when the buildings start getting older and problems start surfacing because the builders were in such a rush to put it up, I think people will finally realize that they overpaid for a bunch of poorly put together bricks and wood. On top of that they have to shell out a few hundred dollars in condo fees every month for the rest of the life of the Condo. At least with a house, you own some land and can rebuild if need be.

In my opinion, condos are one of the stupidest investments possible. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to get burned trying to cash in on this Condo craze.

GoChris
12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

On top of that they have to shell out a few hundred dollars in condo fees every month for the rest of the life of the Condo.

Condo fees INCLUDE utilities. Water, gas, heat, electricity. Hardly something that is a negative.

95acc
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I bought from POV about 2 years ago.
Nice enough place, but you do get what you pay for, and we didn't pay much.
But as our first place it was OK.
Not a high end building but it was new.
The option for underground parking was $8000.
Surface was $3000
Storage cage was $1000
Utilities were included in the condo fee's which was nice.

And the bad.

We just sold it to move to BC
I LOST $5000 on it. I paid under 100k for it
I was pissed to say the least, i figured it was a decent investment, I was wrong, the prices on all of the units went down the crapper.

OK fine i lost money whatever.
well my real estate agent went in the unit yesterday to pull her sign get the keys ect.
and some water pipes burst in our unit. they tore open a wall and it flooded the unit, she walks in to a big hole in the wall and big fans drying it out.
We got no phone call/email nothing from the management company telling me what had happened.
The possession date for the buyer is the 15th and because of this the deal could fall through.
I understand it was cold there but not that cold.

I wont buy with them again.

rc2002
12-09-2005, 03:06 PM

Condo fees INCLUDE utilities. Water, gas, heat, electricity. Hardly something that is a negative.

But you're still paying property management fees, and you're chipping in for the cost of maintenance.

BebeAphrodite
12-09-2005, 04:46 PM

Hmmm.. my condo fees don't include gas. :)

Celica TVS3
12-09-2005, 05:06 PM
While were on the topic of shady condo developers... Stay away from Street Side Developments. I know several people who have had major problems (almost scamming not construction related) on seperate developments with the company.

GoChris
12-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Hmmm.. my condo fees don't include gas. :)

do you have anything that USES gas? if not then I guess they wouldn't. I use my fireplace lots in the winter and setup a gas BBQ since its included so why pay for propane. ;)

Zero102
12-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Condo fees aren't that bad, they're pretty close to the cost of utilities, and they're fixed-rate, so it's okay.

I've worked on some streetside projects, high-class, middle-of-the-road quality. The inglewood project was supposed to be high-end, but it came out kind of watered down. I can't think of a single unit that didn't have delayed posession, post-posession repairs, etc.
The management on that project sucked, not to mention they were total a$$holes, when all of the scheduling problems were their fault (like scheduling electricians, plumbers and carpet guys on the same day.... that was a nice argument).
For the price, streetside developments aren't worth it, but if they knocked about 25% off the price, I'd say they are a decent idea.
Then again, I think all housing in Calgary is over-priced. I can't wait for the big real estate crash that's coming... I want to get into home ownership :D

TomK
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Celica TVS3
While were on the topic of shady condo developers... Stay away from Street Side Developments. I know several people who have had major problems (almost scamming not construction related) on seperate developments with the company.

There was a story on Channel 3 earlier in the week about them cancelling contracts on a project near the University.

They sent this one guy a cancellation notice in the mail (no warning or phone call) and then about 2 weeks later they send him another letter offering him his same unit for like $20,000 more money.

Thems some bad optics....

googe
12-10-2005, 05:14 AM

Then again, I think all housing in Calgary is over-priced. I can't wait for the big real estate crash that's coming... I want to get into home ownership :D

wishful thinking, not gonna happen :thumbsup:

calgary is still very cheap compared to many places. take a look at vancouver, or fort mac even.

Zero102
12-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but then compare it to saskatchewan, or manintoba, or the far east provinces. Even comparing it to ontario we're expensive.
It's only BC that has housing prices jacked up as bad as ours are.
There is a crash coming, and I can wait for it.

Goblin
12-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Calgary Pointe Of View are good, as I know a used to be general maganer of construction, he left after 10 yrs + after a huge pay cut.

Hearing stories from him, good places to live. If you like the condo life style.

googe
12-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
Calgary Pointe Of View are good, as I know a used to be general maganer of construction, he left after 10 yrs + after a huge pay cut.

Hearing stories from him, good places to live. If you like the condo life style.

i like how you can just ignore all of the problems everyone just mentioned and say good places to live ;)

GoChris
12-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by googe

i like how you can just ignore all of the problems everyone just mentioned and say good places to live ;)

and theres just as many that own and live in ones now that say they are fine. some might have problems, but theres always problems with any builder.

sounds like it might be dependant on the area they build in. IE evergreen compared to mackenzie town or something.

Zero102
12-10-2005, 09:03 PM
The percentage of units with problems at POV is higher than with any other condo developer that I am aware of.
Personally, I'd be too afraid to live in one, afraid of mold problems, buildings shifting, etc. Keep in mind, if one unit gets mold, all of them will have it sooner or later due to the common ventination in the hallways...

When I was working at the one in country hills, there was a condo building just to the north, where some owners went on a 2 week vacation, and came back to like 1" of mold on all of the walls, furniture, etc. They had several units quarentined off, and people in biohazard suits there cleaning it out... it was right after this when the mold started in the country hills one... it spreads fast. I left before they finished cleaning it out, but they were talking about gutting 15 or 20 units, maybe more just to get rid of the mold problem. I remember hearing stories about just how sick they were getting, and people in neighboring units...

I think I should stop posting in this thread, I might be worrying some people.

Goblin
12-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by googe

It got bad after he left :rofl:

D. Dub
12-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

he lied :D

TomK
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I think I should stop posting in this thread, I might be worrying some people.

Well how about dropping names of some good lower cost builders? This seems to be how people end up getting in trouble because POV does build on good locations and they are priced right for first timers.

I liked those Garrison woods Gateway condos. I dont own one, but if I was getting a suburban condo those looked pretty good. I think that company that makes them is doing that Midtown project downtown. Probably already sold out like all the entry level stuff downtown though.

Weapon_R
12-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Is Belle Casa (sp?) a pointe of view development too?

TomK
12-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Is Belle Casa (sp?) a pointe of view development too?

I think the word "Pointe" is a fixture in all POV developments. I did hear that the company president was doing a project outside POV in the burbs somewhere...

AJK
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Interesting to find this old discussion...

I live in POV Discovery pointe west on 6th Ave. I'm actually on the board.

Condofirst management is terrible and was fired in the first year ('03) - thank god. They are the worst! Current management is about the best you can find in the city. Our reserve fund is in immaculate condition (significant part of our investment!), and the building IS NOT SINKING. This is B.S. Every concrete tower will settle its foundations in the first year - this is part and parcel with large tower construction. We've done our due diligence to ensure this and had a full engineering inspection performed top to bottom that confirms. Great West Life (billion $ company) owns the neighbouring east tower and you can be sure that a company that size doesn't sneeze without lawyers and engineers approving things to ensure their investment is going to be a money maker. They rent out all the units next door and they are in it for the long haul. That puts us in a uniquely fortunate position because they co-own the foundation with our tower and you can be sure that with their financial backing, we are in VERY good shape! Interesting to find uninformed rumours tho.

As for POV - Yes I don't have good feelings after dealing with them. They did build a solid concrete structure, but it's the finishing work that they skimp on. That's fine with me because I bought this for location at a good price, not for finish work. Most people in the building are remodelling their units with higher end finishing now anyway.

I'm happy living where I am and I'll be here long term.

Cheers,

AJK

Rav4Guy
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
^ interesting how it's his first post and "interesting to find this old discussion"

Anyways, I don't think all POV projects are poorly done. it's just that most of them are. These aren't rumors.. these are actual facts told from POV owners. I know of several POV owners that's complained...

Mangina
06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
After working at a structural engineering firm that designed a few of the POV's around town, I would NEVER go near one. NEVER!!!!!!

Euro_Trash
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, but then compare it to saskatchewan, or manintoba, or the far east provinces. Even comparing it to ontario we're expensive.
It's only BC that has housing prices jacked up as bad as ours are.
There is a crash coming, and I can wait for it.

Haha posted in Decmber 2005, he must still be waiting for this crash....

Lex350
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by D. Dub

bingo!!!...they use the cheapest ways possible to put those things up. I would never buy anything from them after seeing how they build them.

Masked Bandit
06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I built with them in Somerset back in 2000 and the condo itself was great. Now granted, we were only in there for 1.5 years but it seemed like a good deal at the time. The only complaint I had was that the sales lady was a lying bitch and the construction "managers" were idiots. Once we got our hands on the keys, everything was great.

Zero102
06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

Haha posted in Decmber 2005, he must still be waiting for this crash....

Nope, I just got up and left :)
Done deal. I moved somewhere that hasn't boomed yet, bought in cheap, have a stable job, etc. Funny how easy life is when the cost of living is reasonable.

Then again, somebody with the word trash in their name making fun of people on an online forum.... grow up.

Lol
03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Reading all the responses speaking how nice it is in POV development. I am telling you my first person experience, not from the my tenants, not from my relatives.

I suggest you should buy POV if you have another $16000 - $20000 kicking around for no use, because Special Assessment maybe coming to your door in no time. Special Assessment is a special resolution that your condo board can decide to do legally whenever they find out there is something they need to fix on your building that is out of ordinary wear. Repair your roof in 25 year times, other normal maintenance is NOT a Special Assessment.

We live in a POV building, which is 9 years old. The building need to be fixed for a bill of 1.4 Million. Each unit owners need to pay their share of $16000 - $20000. Our condo board has hired professional contractor to assess the needs to fix the problem. The lists go on and on, roof is leaking water. You can see water bucket in the middle of the hallway while the snows melt last couple weeks. One of the units got water flooded in (from the roof lol) and electircals got shorted. Balcony water insultation problem ... etc. Our building was reviewed by professional engineers. They investigated and drafted reports and basically concluded that all these was caused by the bad building construction practises.

So, POV? yeah it is a good builder. LOL...

Redlyne_mr2
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
The one in county hills, they built the elevator shaft 6" too shall (both depth and width), and they couldn't fit the elevator in. That was 2 weeks of jackhammering the elevator shaft out of an almost finished building...

The one in mackenzie town by the walmart, they had the first 2 floors drywalled before the roof was on. It rained HARD, and there was water coming through the roof in every room, so they just brought heaters out to try and dry it out, never pulled the drywall down or anything, I'd be too afraid of future mold problems in that building, etc.

I would NEVER live in one, not on my life.
They are the cheapest of the cheapest of the cheap, and even then, they are overpriced.

I was trying to remember who in trades told me about POV and how bad they were... I've used your advice since then and steered clear away.

w_man
03-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Lol
Reading all the responses speaking how nice it is in POV development. I am telling you my first person experience, not from the my tenants, not from my relatives.

I suggest you should buy POV if you have another $16000 - $20000 kicking around for no use, because Special Assessment maybe coming to your door in no time. Special Assessment is a special resolution that your condo board can decide to do legally whenever they find out there is something they need to fix on your building that is out of ordinary wear. Repair your roof in 25 year times, other normal maintenance is NOT a Special Assessment.

We live in a POV building, which is 9 years old. The building need to be fixed for a bill of 1.4 Million. Each unit owners need to pay their share of $16000 - $20000. Our condo board has hired professional contractor to assess the needs to fix the problem. The lists go on and on, roof is leaking water. You can see water bucket in the middle of the hallway while the snows melt last couple weeks. One of the units got water flooded in (from the roof lol) and electircals got shorted. Balcony water insultation problem ... etc. Our building was reviewed by professional engineers. They investigated and drafted reports and basically concluded that all these was caused by the bad building construction practises.

Damn .. which area are you in? I live in a POV building in Airdrie ... about 2+ years old but nothing MAJOR wrong so far .. maybe I should get rid of it in the next few years before things start going really wrong?!?! :dunno:

colsankey
03-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I imagine alot of that special assessment comes from a lack of funding for the condo's maintenance and emergency funds. A roof shouldn't need to be replaced after 9 years and is liekly due to the builder, but the condo board should have set aside extra money for those unexpected repairs.

Masked Bandit
03-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Lol

Which property are you in?

cr-x widow
06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Lol

I found this thread while doing a seach for info on Pointe of View lawsuits and decided to register to reply. I think this is the 6000 block of a condo development in Shawnessy, am I correct? My MIL lives there and just shelled out $21,000 for that Special Assessment. There is a 1.2M lawsuit that has been ongoing for some time. Here's a link I found to the minutes of one of the meetings: http://www.youforum.cc/somervale_building/viewtopic.php?pid=79610

I understand the 4000 block is also having structural issues?

Genjuro
06-15-2009, 04:04 PM

Totally agree with the last paragraph. I wouldn't purchase POV again because the management is complete garbage. our condo fees just went up last month about $80 for no valid reason.

the place itself is decent to live in though.

gamman
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
that quote in the post above is from a 2005 statement. Ask him now how it feels.

nrt_vw
07-31-2009, 05:03 PM
pointe of view is horrible. very unprofessional and lazy. our building is only 10 months old and the amount of shit that breaks or already needs replacing is unreal. the condominium first management is pretty ridiculous too. ive called and left voice messages and emails about getting our front entry buzzer hooked up for 9 months and still no reply. do your homework before you step into a pov condo. glad i only rented and my lease is up in a few months.

Masked Bandit
07-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by cr-x widow

I found this thread while doing a seach for info on Pointe of View lawsuits and decided to register to reply. I think this is the 6000 block of a condo development in Shawnessy, am I correct? My MIL lives there and just shelled out $21,000 for that Special Assessment. There is a 1.2M lawsuit that has been ongoing for some time. Here's a link I found to the minutes of one of the meetings: http://www.youforum.cc/somervale_building/viewtopic.php?pid=79610

I understand the 4000 block is also having structural issues?

Holy shit, I had no idea. The wife and I bought our very first property in that complex when it was brand new (building 2000). I had no idea they were having problems. I had always thought it would be nice to buy our original unit back as our first rental but not if they are having problems like that.

FWIW, POV were a bunch of jackasses during the build process as well.

KrisYYC
08-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not a fan of Pointe of View. Cheap wood frame condos slapped up really fast. I bet you'll start to see a lot of problems in 5 years or so.

I bought in a old building that has well maintained concrete construction. HUUUGE difference. I can't hear my own footsteps echo through the halls like I could in Pointe of View buildings.

My $0.02