PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Civic Si Pricing

Pages : [1] 2

Aleks
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
The MSRP on the new Si is $25,880 which in itself is not bad. However with all the taxes and fees I was told $30,200. Dealer prep is $1,200 for mud guards and floor mats, block heater inspection. Freight is $1,220 or so. So now for all the guys who work at the dealers, this dealer prep and freight stuff, how easy is it to get them to pay for that. What are my chances of getting it for MSRP OTD?

Xtrema
12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
0 when the waiting list at most stealership is at least 2 months long.

Heck, Crawfoot won't even let me have an ex for MSRP, so there's is no chance.

Aleks
12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Waiting list thing is something they hype up. I was offered to test drive one next week that is coming in. Not spoken for yet. South dealership...

Altezza
12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
WTF?? $2400 for freight/pdi on a Civic? That's like 10% of MSRP!!

Xtrema
12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
^ Freight is $1220.

Dealer prep (i.e. dealer mark up) is $1200. Dealer cannot sold at more than MSRP but that rule can be bent by adding accessories to the car. Accessories can be sold at any price they want.

gpomp
12-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Waiting list thing is something they hype up. I was offered to test drive one next week that is coming in. Not spoken for yet. South dealership...
buy it! i want to drive it

sputnik
12-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Any idea what the lease/finance rates are from Honda?

gpomp
12-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Any idea what the lease/finance rates are from Honda?
for the si, most likely rediculously high.

heavyD
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
$30000 for a Civic? That doesn't even include the premium stereo & navigation system available in US models. Kind of good in a way because that means there won't be tonnes of riced out SI's on every street corner which makes them more attractive to mature buyers.

Aleks
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I agree, 30 Grand is too much. 25K is ok. Financing is probably in the 7% range but I didnt' ask.

khtm
12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
30k for a wrong wheel drive car that you'll see on every corner in a year....yeouch.

Not to mention it looks like the love child of an RSX and a Saturn. Bleh.

handsomebassman
12-07-2005, 01:47 PM
I gotta say, i own an 06 civic (non si, LX), coupe, and i have only ever seen one other coupe in calgary, other than my friends girlfriend's in the last two months.

natejj
12-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah i have only seen 1.

rc2002
12-07-2005, 02:02 PM
That's so far... There are going to be a LOT of civics on the streets soon.

That MSRP is right on target - they were anticipating $29000 the last time I heard about it. I would never buy one though - the hype drives the price up. In the end you overpay for an underperforming car.

heavyD
12-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by khtm
30k for a wrong wheel drive car that you'll see on every corner in a year....yeouch.

Not to mention it looks like the love child of an RSX and a Saturn. Bleh.

They actually look pretty decent in person. There is a silver EX by where I work and I see it everyday. I think 30K is pricey but you are pretty well getting an RSX Type S in Civic clothing plus LSD and you know the car will retain alot of that value so it's a better buy than say a Cobalt SS which will probably deppreciate much more.

bspot
12-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

They actually look pretty decent in person. There is a silver EX by where I work and I see it everyday. I think 30K is pricey but you are pretty well getting an RSX Type S in Civic clothing plus LSD and you know the car will retain alot of that value so it's a better buy than say a Cobalt SS which will probably deppreciate much more.

Yeah I'm wishing I waited. But at the same time glad I got an FI car so I can get another 40hp for $1000. Oh well, too late to do anything different now.

lastprodigy
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
For the people that want it its a good deal I suppose. It may be 30K for a civic, but thats in the same way that its 26k for a neon or a cavalier. Not saying any of them are a bad deal. For the price, I think its not too bad, expecially considering people pay 30K for a civic all the time with the EL, and its not like the last gen SiR's were a deal by any means.

Weapon_R
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Considering the new Si is quicker than the Cobalt and comes with Honda reliability, I don't think 30K is THAT much. Granted, it is a new car and you can expect pricing to go down once demand for the new Si calms down. I think we will see a 28k price tag in a year or so, making it the best car under 30k IMO.

treg50
12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Man oh man, the coupe segment is alive and well. Plus considering the fact that it's got, like someone else said, Honda reliability AND that it just won the 2005 AJAC "Best New Sports Car" Award (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1316829#post1316829). The Civic Coupe looks like a real coupe... once again.;)

tapout
12-07-2005, 03:32 PM
30 k is good i like the new changes with sexy ride

heavyD
12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Considering the new Si is quicker than the Cobalt

Not quicker than the Cobalt SS.

Aleks
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
30K is price with all the taxes and all the pdi/freight on top of MSRP. I would NEVER pay full price on anything let alone a Civic. 26-27 Is the max OTD and then its a good deal. Just have to wait a few months to let the hype die down.

Xtrema
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
People, let's put it in perspective. Not counting incentives, dealer guaging and similarly equipped:

Cobalt SS - $300 less
SRT4 - $2000 more
RSX-S - $8000 more
SE-R Spec V = $700 less
Corolla XRS = $1000 less

What Honda charges for Si is VERY reasonable.

waypastfast
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
And if i am not mistaken the Civic also won the Motor Trend car of the year award....worth every penny....

viffer
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda's distribution for these cars so far is pure shit, allocation for each dealer for the next few months is slim, so don't plan on getting your greasy mitts on one anytime soon.

:thumbsdow

max_boost
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
$26k is a pretty good price. I don't take into account freight/pdi/taxes because you have to add it into every new car.

Or wait and buy a used one.

kerry
12-07-2005, 04:32 PM
The new Civic will be like the new mustang.

It was cool to see one or 2.
But then all of a sudden, everyone and their dog will have one.

The only upside... K20Z

CryoCarnage
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by B16EM1

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
side note it was never cool to see stangs :P

Xtrema
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by B16EM1

You just discribed all cars under $35K that's any good at all.

waypastfast
12-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Mustang?? never heard of one of those....

guessboi
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
^ plus most people who dunno much about cars or the new Si will think the new civics cost around 20,000.
I would never like to drive a Si and see the new civic in every block on the street when I am spending around 30,000.
I'll rather spend a few more bucks and get a IS250 RWD around 40,000 incl tax. :D

BB6SE
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
nice aerio man

andres_mt
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM

Not quicker than the Cobalt SS.

if you supercharged the new si, it'd probably be a lot quicker
than the SS...guaranteed

waypastfast
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
lets not forget the WRX.....$34000 best deal going.....or build your new civic si with a supercharger for same money....and have the sleeper of the year!!!!

Xtrema
12-07-2005, 07:27 PM
^ WRX is $35500, a whooping $10K more than the Si. It better be better than the Si and it is.

JCX
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
People, let's put it in perspective. Not counting incentives, dealer guaging and similarly equipped:

Cobalt SS - $300 less
SRT4 - $2000 more
RSX-S - $8000 more
SE-R Spec V = $700 less
Corolla XRS = $1000 less

No, let's talk about dealer gouging and incentives. Any way you slice it the Civic is $1200 more expensive because of the dealer BS. I really don't care what MSRP on a car is, I care what I have to pay to acquire one.

It's funny how expensive sport compacts are getting and they're not getting much better in terms of performance. However I'm sure Honda will sell more than a few.

Stratus_Power
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
^ plus most people who dunno much about cars or the new Si will think the new civics cost around 20,000.
I would never like to drive a Si and see the new civic in every block on the street when I am spending around 30,000.
I'll rather spend a few more bucks and get a IS250 RWD around 40,000 incl tax. :D

uhh 10k more is a far cry from a fwe more bucks. tahts 33% more .....

plus that is a bare bone no option IS250 vs a full loaded and then some Civic

WRX is almost 39-40k off the lot

Clanche
12-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Cobalt SS - $300 less
SRT4 - $2000 more
RSX-S - $8000 more
SE-R Spec V = $700 less
Corolla XRS = $1000 less

dont forget the Mazda3 fully equipped is $25,000

since when did civic become sports cars???... :dunno: the car WAS great because it was an affortable car that was pullet proof because of its simplicity.... now honda took the huge aftermarket popularity the wrong way and decided to make it a "sports car"... what about their huge clientele that wanted a cheap reliable car.. are they gonna introduce a lower end model? why not leave the civic to what it is and work on the RSX a bit more... or bring back the prelude... THAT was worth 30g..

and who cares if you have an LSD on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR...? :dunno: you are still gonna understeer into the wall :guns:

$30,000 for honda's bottom of the line...people are insane

arian_ma
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Clanche

who cares if you have an LSD on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR...? :dunno: you are still gonna understeer into the wall :guns:

:rofl: hahahahaha

96GrandAMGT
12-07-2005, 10:00 PM
my dad bought an 06 civic....loves it...he went with a 2dr silver lx....danm sexy car.....:thumbsup:

bspot
12-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by andres_mt

if you supercharged the new si, it'd probably be a lot quicker
than the SS...guaranteed

Yes and if I use a 200 shot of nitrous on a dodge caravan and it happens to make it down the 1/4 mile once it will be faster than a civic si. If I twincharge a Cobalt SS it will be faster than a civic. If I run an enzo on 2 cylinders the civic will be faster.

Whats your point?

FI cars will mod for a lot cheaper. It will take a civic several thousand in mods to catch up to an SRT-4 or an SS with $1000 in mods.

Clanche
12-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Yes and if I use a 200 shot of nitrous on a dodge caravan and it happens to make it down the 1/4 mile once it will be faster than a civic si.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by 96GrandAMGT
my dad bought an 06 civic....loves it...he went with a 2dr silver lx....danm sexy car.....:thumbsup:

i do think they did a great job on the styling too.. i'm just tired of honda pretending that its something its not...

Aleks
12-07-2005, 10:50 PM
What are you talking about? The entry level Civic starts at 17K. Is that not cheap, reliable transportation?

since when did civic become sports cars???... :dunno: the car WAS great because it was an affortable car that was pullet proof because of its simplicity.... now honda took the huge aftermarket popularity the wrong way and decided to make it a "sports car"... what about their huge clientele that wanted a cheap reliable car.. are they gonna introduce a lower end model? why not leave the civic to what it is and work on the RSX a bit more... or bring back the prelude... THAT was worth 30g..

and who cares if you have an LSD on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR...? :dunno: you are still gonna understeer into the wall :guns:

$30,000 for honda's bottom of the line...people are insane

gpomp
12-07-2005, 11:29 PM
What are you talking about? The entry level Civic starts at 17K. Is that not cheap, reliable transportation?

but it's not pullet proof!

Seanith
12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Few are :(

fast95pony
12-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Dealer prep is $1,200 for mud guards and floor mats, block heater inspection.

"Block heater inspection" on a brand new car ??:dunno:

Are the mud guards and floor mats made of titanium ??

khtm
12-08-2005, 12:01 AM

since when did civic become sports cars???... :dunno:

Well said, sir.

Clanche
12-08-2005, 12:16 AM

with freight,PDI, taxes, levies,fuel conservation tax, gst there is no way you are leaving the dealership below $20,000..and thats not including the 7.6% financing... that's also for the most basic basic model that has less features than my microwave... :banghead:

i just think some car makers are forgetting what made them who they are... if they want to sell expensive cars... sell them as acuras

same thing goes with VW.. i'm not trying to bash at VW owners.. but how can you justify making a 40 thousand dollar Jetta.. leave that price tag and luxury for audi.. :dunno:

A2VR6
12-08-2005, 12:39 AM

with freight,PDI, taxes, levies,fuel conservation tax, gst there is no way you are leaving the dealership below $20,000..and thats not including the 7.6% financing... that's also for the most basic basic model that has less features than my microwave... :banghead:

i just think some car makers are forgetting what made them who they are... if they want to sell expensive cars... sell them as acuras

same thing goes with VW.. i'm not trying to bash at VW owners.. but how can you justify making a 40 thousand dollar Jetta.. leave that price tag and luxury for audi.. :dunno:

I agree, many of the manufacturers are getting a little carried away with pricing. Granted, alot of people buy because of the name brand and the reputation, but with the prices of some of the cars in the market today, it's only a matter of time until people realize they can buy a nice korean car thats less money and just as good quality.

Clanche
12-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

I agree, many of the manufacturers are getting a little carried away with pricing. Granted, alot of people buy because of the name brand and the reputation, but with the prices of some of the cars in the market today, it's only a matter of time until people realize they can buy a nice korean car thats less money and just as good quality.

agreed... hyundai is the honda 20 years ago

max_boost
12-08-2005, 01:46 AM

Base Civic has ABS brakes, air conditioning, power windows, power locks, pretty good deal for $17k if you ask me. You have to pay freight/PDI/Taxes for every new car. Cheaper financing can be obtained elsewhere. What exactly are you expecting for $20k?

:dunno:

bspot
12-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't think you can question Hondas pricing, because the fact is people will pay that much. Why not make as much money as you can as a manufacturer? :dunno:

heavyD
12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bspot
I don't think you can question Hondas pricing, because the fact is people will pay that much. Why not make as much money as you can as a manufacturer? :dunno:

Exactly. Judging by all the Honda fans doing cartwheels over the new Civic you would think Honda re-created the automobile or something. They are going to sell a ton based on hype & Honda's reputation regardless of how much they cost. It is getting to the point where Honda & Toyota should just change their company names to Acura & Lexus since they don't sell affordable cars anymore. I would prefer a lighter Si with traditional analog gauges & no-nonsence interior rather than the new 2800+ lb car with digital dash, navigation system, & all of the sound deadening. Leave that shit for the Acuras.

Look at what is happening to VW. Jettas which used to compete with Civics, Corollas, etc, now cost as much as Accords which is why VW is suffering from poor sales. There is a point where you increase your pricing so much that you price your entry level vehicles into territories occupied by larger & more powerful sedans, sport cars, & luxury cars. VW has priced themselves out of the market where they used to be competative into a territory where there are too many better alternatives for the money.

Altezza
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM

It is getting to the point where Honda & Toyota should just change their company names to Acura & Lexus since they don't sell affordable cars anymore.

Annual sales would disagree with you. Sales of Honda/Toyota as well as Acura/Lexus have been on the rise. If these cars weren't affordable, more people wouldn't be buying them.

Clanche
12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I would prefer a lighter Si with traditional analog gauges & no-nonsence interior rather than the new 2800+ lb car

2800lbs :eek: .. thats heavier than my e36 and these bimmers have big bones...

Aleks
12-08-2005, 12:57 PM
At the risk of offending VW boys they are suffering because of reputation. Their poor reliability record combined with hi prices is what is doing them in now. Same thing happened to GM and Ford in the 80s and 90s. Now they do make better cars but it will take them years to regain any trust from the consumers. How can you say honda is expensive. Like I said before the entry level starts at 17K. They made the Si because people want it. Just like people wanted and SRT-4 version of the entry level neon.

2800lbs :eek: .. thats heavier than my e36 and these bimmers have big bones...

hm an m3 weighs over 3200lbs. Now I am assuming your car should not weigh 400+lbs less than their top sports car???

heavyD
12-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Annual sales would disagree with you. Sales of Honda/Toyota as well as Acura/Lexus have been on the rise. If these cars weren't affordable, more people wouldn't be buying them.

Sales are on the rise but only Toyota is selling Ford, GM or Chrysler type numbers which means US domestics are selling more trucks & entry level cars while Japanese are selling more midsize cars.

A790
12-08-2005, 02:09 PM
The new Civic Si is a fantasic entrant into the market. The 1999-2000 Civic SiR powered by the B16 was a terrific car; it had all the right attributes that made it a good sport compact. The new Si, with even more power and control is looking to expand upon that legacy.

Personally, a 200HP 4cyl with LSD is just begging for a turbo. If I could afford one, I'd but it in a second. Not because of the novelty, but because I've owned a 99 SiR and genuinely loved how the car drove and how it felt.

I'm 100% sure the new Si has got it right, and I'll verify it when I test drive one next week.

Xtrema
12-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Sales are on the rise but only Toyota is selling Ford, GM or Chrysler type numbers which means US domestics are selling more trucks & entry level cars while Japanese are selling more midsize cars.

Because only Toyota does fleet and trucks. No other import does.

BTW, I'm not sure why you keep bitching Civic is expensive:

1996 Civic EX has 106HP, 14" steelies and cost $21K
Gas was $0.43/L
Average house is $150K

2006 Civic EX has 140HP, 16" Alloy and cost $22.5K
Gas is $0.80/L
Average house is $250K

In 10 years, everything around you life has almost doubled except cars. Even if do Korean/Domestic, it's not hard to break into $20K similarly equipped.

Hyundai Elantra SE - $20485
Kia Spectra EX - $21095
Saturn Ion - $20245
Cobalt LTZ - $22995
SX2.0 - $20875

Other than domestic is basically giving it away with incentives (supply > demand), it isn't much better deal than a Honda.

lastprodigy
12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
^ Well said, they are priced that much because people will pay and I dont think they would gain any new customes by reducing the price 1-2K

Clanche
12-08-2005, 06:29 PM
At the risk of offending VW boys they are suffering because of reputation. Their poor reliability record combined with hi prices is what is doing them in now.

ya i've heard some nightmare stories about the fourth gens.. like the window just dropping down in the middle of the highway.. :eek:

hm an m3 weighs over 3200lbs. Now I am assuming your car should not weigh 400+lbs less than their top sports car???

the M44 four cylinder does way over 400lbs less than the 6 cylinders :D needs a little bit more power but its an amazing cornering machine

Clanche
12-08-2005, 06:36 PM
1996 Civic EX has 106HP, 14" steelies and cost $21K
Gas was $0.43/L
Average house is $150K

2006 Civic EX has 140HP, 16" Alloy and cost $22.5K
Gas is $0.80/L
Average house is $250K

you CAN'T compare the two.. its not like inflation increase by 100% in 9 years :rolleyes: there are plenty of places in Canada and the USA where the realestate market is still affortable.. Calgary realestate is stupid right now but thats only here.. i'm SURE honda wasnt like "well houses in this canadian town named Calgary are going for alot, lets make the civic 30grand"

i'm sure a house in No-Where saskatchewan was worth $100,000 9 years ago and now is worth only $115,000...

7thgenvic
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM

little insider joke there!

I think the car is a great purchase. So much hate in the threads these days.

that motor alone is a good reason to purchase the car.

Clanche
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
little insider joke there!

I think the car is a great purchase. So much hate in the threads these days.

that motor alone is a good reason to purchase the car.

its not hate.. its a discussion with arguments from both ends about whether or not honda is pricing their cars fairly :)

if everyone agreed about everything on forums it would be :zzz:

frostyda9
12-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

I think the car is a great purchase.

:werd:

Can you go faster in a new car for under $30k? Yes. Can you get a better mix of performance, looks, reliability, resale value, and interior/ergonomics for under $30? IMO, no.

WidebodyRex
12-09-2005, 08:28 PM
the car isnt that bad and after everything dealer taxes,and fees yaddy yaddy yaddy... it comes out to about $31,500.00 thats roughly but, I like mine... cant wait til parts start becomming avalible for it.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1MTQxODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Small teaser pic !

Clanche
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by WidebodyRex
the car isnt that bad and after everything dealer taxes,and fees yaddy yaddy yaddy... it comes out to about $31,500.00 thats roughly but, I like mine... cant wait til parts start becomming avalible for it.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1MTQxODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Small teaser pic !

isn't there aftermarket support already?:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108232

01RedDX
12-10-2005, 02:49 PM

Weapon_R
12-10-2005, 02:59 PM
How much more budget can you guys get? If you can't buy the 26,000 Si, buy the entry level for under 20k! You still get the reliability, resale value, mileage, and features that have made the civic one of the best selling cars.

I'll be the first to say that they suck dick for performance, but they are very, very good at what they were made to do.

gpomp
12-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Can you go faster in a new car for under $30k? Yes. Can you get a better mix of performance, looks, reliability, resale value, and interior/ergonomics for under $30? IMO, no.
there you go :thumbsup:

for me, this would be a sweet daily driver. and i'm sure the aftermarket for the k20z will be huge if you ever want to modify it.

AzNBonD
12-12-2005, 03:42 AM
The new civic is a next generation of car. It meets all those Euro NCAP standards, has curtain airbags, the material and build quality is way above the competition. They've stepped it up to VW interior build quality.

Though the CSX might be a better choice if you're going for a spec'd out Si.

All-in-all, i'd never f'ing pay $30k for a damn civic.

brandon
12-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by WidebodyRex

Small teaser pic !

god damnit, if you're going to be a good n00b then post a picture of a real SI not of an EX Coupe.

Stop posting your bullshit all over this forum.

Xtrema
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM

you CAN'T compare the two.. its not like inflation increase by 100% in 9 years :rolleyes: there are plenty of places in Canada and the USA where the realestate market is still affortable.. Calgary realestate is stupid right now but thats only here.. i'm SURE honda wasnt like "well houses in this canadian town named Calgary are going for alot, lets make the civic 30grand"

i'm sure a house in No-Where saskatchewan was worth $100,000 9 years ago and now is worth only $115,000...

Statistic Canada

Average 1 earner family income after tax (in 2003 $)

1996 40600
2003 45700

Increase of 12.6%

96 to 06 Civic, price increased 7%

So the Civic actually is more affordable to Canadians after a decade.

2000_SI
12-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by brandon

god damnit, if you're going to be a good n00b then post a picture of a real SI not of an EX Coupe.

Stop posting your bullshit all over this forum.

:rofl: :rofl:

Aleks
12-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by AzNBonD

Though the CSX might be a better choice if you're going for a spec'd out Si.

All-in-all, i'd never f'ing pay $30k for a damn civic.

Isn't EL a Civic that costs close to 30K?

gpomp
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM

owned

frostyda9
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Luxury Civic ;)

jtsimaras
01-01-2006, 01:05 PM
I've owned 8 honda's out of the 15 cars and trucks I've owned love them to death. Never had a single problem with any of them. Currently I own an 06 impreza---wish I waited for the 06 SI. My 92 integra GSR had a smoother Tanny and motor than my 06 Subbie--not sure why I bought it now---anybody want to buy my 06 wagon?

All I can say is anybody that thinks Honda's are overpriced they have no idea what they are talking about. They are very well built cars for the price---good gas mileage--not too bad looks and just fun to drive.
If it wasn't for honda---the sport tuning scene would not exist as it does today--it would still be fat heads---driving there Gas Guzzling V8s.

Can't doubt a manufacturer that builds the most engines in the world---experience.

That.Guy.S30
01-01-2006, 02:30 PM
^^ boxer rumble my friend.

Drsuce
01-01-2006, 02:43 PM
one question... why would you want to buy a brand new car and still be saying "it needs this, it needs that" wouldent it make more sense just to buy a car your happy with from the factory?

save the modding for older cars that need it ;)

jtsimaras
01-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
^^ boxer rumble my friend.

ya the engine sounds cool--so does Vtec

gpomp
01-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jtsimaras

ya the engine sounds cool--so does Vtec
pull out one plug and your honda will sound like a subaru :burnout:

jtsimaras
01-05-2006, 10:55 PM

pull out one plug and your honda will sound like a subaru :burnout:

too funny :bigpimp:

Aleks
01-05-2006, 11:44 PM
For reference a dyno plot on a dynapack (which read HIGHER than dynojet and mustang dyno because wheels and tires are eliminated)

This was a preproduction car.

Also some other cars tested on the same dyno made the following power

Source: vtec.net

Accord V6 6MT (premium gas) - 232 hp
TL 6MT - 242 hp
05 RSX (preproduction) - 190 hp
02 RSX (consumer) - 175 hp
02 S2000 - 215 hp
EP3 Si - 142 hp
06 Si (2 examples) - 204 and 209 hp

frostyda9
01-06-2006, 12:07 AM
That's quite the torque spike after the lobe change :eek:

three.eighteen.
01-06-2006, 01:42 AM
flywheel corrected? so that's not whp eh?

Aleks
01-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah dynapack is much closer to flywheel numbers.

The point is it made about 10 more hp than the type S. My guess on a dynojet would be around 180-185whp stock.

heavyD
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Car's simply too heavy. Dyno numbers are for bench racers. I've seen too many modded cars dyo with big numbers only to perform poorly at the track. In every magazine I've seen the new Si's performance numbers are just barely better than the 1999 Civic Sir with the B16A and a fair bit behind the 2005 RSX Type S.

I really can't believe there is a three page thread about a Civic. While the new Si will be a great car for the average commuter looking for a peppy little car, time has passed since 1989 and the sport compact scene has moved on. The days of magazines filled with slammed Civic's with headers & CAI's making less power than stock were left in the 90's. Wake me up when Honda makes a true CRX successor that's under 2500 lbs.:zzz:

Mr_ET
01-06-2006, 08:50 AM
heavyD has a point but do not underestimate the k20z3 my friend it has great potential!

Aleks
01-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Car's simply too heavy. Dyno numbers are for bench racers. I've seen too many modded cars dyo with big numbers only to perform poorly at the track. In every magazine I've seen the new Si's performance numbers are just barely better than the 1999 Civic Sir with the B16A and a fair bit behind the 2005 RSX Type S.

I really can't believe there is a three page thread about a Civic. While the new Si will be a great car for the average commuter looking for a peppy little car, time has passed since 1989 and the sport compact scene has moved on. The days of magazines filled with slammed Civic's with headers & CAI's making less power than stock were left in the 90's. Wake me up when Honda makes a true CRX successor that's under 2500 lbs.:zzz:

The days of 2500lbs mass produced cars are long over. People want side airbags these days in everything. The only reason I threw the dyno # up was to compare to other cars they tested. I think the production Si will be a lot closer to the type S in performance if not better. The marketplace will eventually show how good a car it is.

RWD
01-07-2006, 07:34 AM
mine cost around 29 xxx.. i dont have the bil of sale on me but its around there.. the premium sound system comes standard for the si

$30000 for a Civic? That doesn't even include the premium stereo & navigation system available in US models. Kind of good in a way because that means there won't be tonnes of riced out SI's on every street corner which makes them more attractive to mature buyers.

Super_Steve
01-07-2006, 11:37 AM
i was at a dealership out on vancouver island over christmas and they had two si's on the lot. They were asking exactly MSRP. I believe it was 27,105 dollars not including taxes. Of course out there they dont install block heaters....

Calgarian
01-07-2006, 10:07 PM
T & T Honda and CMS will sell the Civic SI at MSRP!

CalgaryB5
01-07-2006, 10:20 PM
:D I like the 06 Civic very much but I’ll definitely wait till summer to see how things go.

jtsimaras
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
This one is at Honda west

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE3MzkyNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE3MzkyNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE3MzkyNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

heavyD
01-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Kind of looks like a Honda's version of a Beetle from the side.:confused:

Super_Steve
01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Kind of looks like a Honda's version of a Beetle from the side.:confused:

what the hell are you talking about??

heavyD
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM

The days of 2500lbs mass produced cars are long over. People want side airbags these days in everything. The only reason I threw the dyno # up was to compare to other cars they tested. I think the production Si will be a lot closer to the type S in performance if not better. The marketplace will eventually show how good a car it is.

Bahh. 2500 lb cars will be more common as alternate fuel source cars come into play car weights will be a big factor. We already have stronger & lighter materials available, powertrains are lighter also. Motorcycles have become lighter. It's just cheaper to make heavier cars as you can't blame airbags for 100's of lbs. The Civic will continue to be Canada's best selling car but don't expect the Si to sell tonnes and also don't expect a massive aftermarket either. Premium priced N/A 4-cylinder cars just aren't desireable as a performance car now that turbocharging & supercharging is become fairly common & reliable. The RSX sold poorly compared to the Integra as VTEC isn't as big a seller anymore as many cars in the price range have tourqey V6's or forced induced 4-cyl's. The Celica (similar specs) was a flop for Toyota also. We are in a generation of excess. People want bigger now and 220 hp & up is so common now that 200 hp is on the fringe of being branded an economy car.

heavyD
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Super_Steve
what the hell are you talking about??

Take a real close look as the side profile of a Beetle and then glance at the Civic.;) The main difference is the Civic has a steeper raked windshield but the front is too short. It has a buggy sort of look. I don't think it's ugly or anyhting but a bit on the cute side and since Civics are owned by women as a majority makes sense.

Super_Steve
01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
i have looked at both. Im sorry but i dont see any sort of resemblence. I think the new raked profile is killer, i bet this car is going to sell like hotcakes!