PDA

View Full Version : lug nut problem

Lo)2enz0
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
i bought some of the tuner nuts at kal tire and one of them stripped and now i have a lug nut stuck that i can't get off. I want to avoid drilling for the soul purpose that i don't want to damage the rim or the thread. any suggestions on how to get this off?

DelSoln
12-07-2005, 06:33 PM
You could try gator grips or why don't you just go back to Kal Tire so they can remove them?

turbo'dGSR
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
This happened to me, it was crossthreaded, an impact wouldnt even turn it off so I just used a breaker bar and broke the stud off with the nut, then replaced them all with some ARP studs. May be the only option..

djayz
12-07-2005, 09:52 PM
yah take it to kal tire they should be able to get it off
if not try heating it up a little ...try using some torque like a long bar on top of the lug wrench

INITIALD
12-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by djayz
yah take it to kal tire they should be able to get it off
if not try heating it up a little ...try using some torque like a long bar on top of the lug wrench

Using a longer bar or breaker bar will just break the stud. Like said above you will most likely have to bang the old stud out and replace it.

arian_ma
12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
If you break it it's not too hard to replace.
My car had 2 crossthreaded lugs once, and both of them broke off.
Took 15 minutes to fix.
Of course you'll need the right tools.
And about 10$.

rony_espana
12-07-2005, 10:06 PM
The Kal Tire in Marlborough Mall Sears can probably take them off. I had this problem with my truck rims and was quoted over $400 at the Kal Tire around Blackfoot and 42 Ave, then I went to the other one in Marlborough and they charged me $30 to fix the problem.

Lo)2enz0
12-08-2005, 02:23 AM
well i will try a few things to see if it work, like wd40 it ant let it soke in for a bit than try again.

if it comes to having to get kal tire to take it off, i will have to wait with selling the advan sa3r's...