dinglenuts
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
done and done.

dinglenuts
12-11-2005, 03:45 PM
anyone with any colour trunk please chime in, need asap, thanks

dinglenuts
12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
buh buh. you going to come through for me or what?

dinglenuts
12-18-2005, 06:19 PM
bought one from buh buh, agreed to purchase on great condition, after it was cleaned, needs to be repainted after all. A little dissapointed, but don't need one now thanks.

rc2002
12-18-2005, 06:24 PM
It'll be cheaper than filling in spoiler holes, that's for sure.

buh_buh
12-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I haven't looked at the trunk in 2 years. Its been sitting in my garage untouched in these past 2 years, and it was in 100% perfect condition when I took it off the car, so as far as I knew this trunk was in mint condition. Anybody who knows me knows that I would never try to screw anybody over. Nobody has ever moved or touched it since it has been taken off the car, so if scratches were caused by buildup of dirt/dust, then I think it can be buffed out with a bit of elbow grease.

I also like how you chose to take this public before even discussing this issue with me in private. You sent me a pm, and without even letting me respond you chose to take this public. I was willing to make some sort of a deal with you if it did involve some repairs, but it really irks me that you took this publically before even discussing this with me and I'm having second thoughts. :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
12-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by dinglenuts
bought one from buh buh, agreed to purchase on great condition, after it was cleaned, needs to be repainted after all. A little dissapointed, but don't need one now thanks.

Originally posted by buh_buh
I haven't looked at the trunk in 2 years. Its been sitting in my garage untouched in these past 2 years, and it was in 100% perfect condition when I took it off the car, so as far as I knew this trunk was in mint condition. Anybody who knows me knows that I would never try to screw anybody over. Nobody has ever moved or touched it since it has been taken off the car, so if scratches were caused by buildup of dirt/dust, then I think it can be buffed out with a bit of elbow grease.

I also like how you chose to take this public before even discussing this issue with me in private. You sent me a pm, and without even letting me respond you chose to take this public. I was willing to make some sort of a deal with you if it did involve some repairs, but it really irks me that you took this publically before even discussing this with me and I'm having second thoughts. :thumbsdow

haha dinglenuts you fool, you've screwed yourself out of getting some money back. See where being an impatient crybaby gets you?

My bet is you used the foam brush on the dirt encrusted trunk and scratched it yourself. So instead of crying and whining about a new paint job, why don't you go buy a bottle of wax? :rolleyes:

What's even funnier is that you are bitching AFTER you had a good look at it and bought it.

1-Bar
12-18-2005, 09:00 PM
I think someone fucked up the trunk, and hint: it wasn't the original owner gj :thumbsup:

Remember, rinse and then soap, and then rinse again!!

rc2002
12-18-2005, 09:37 PM
:werd: buh_buh's a standup guy. Plus he was helping you out big time - you should try pricing out a trunk lid from Honda!

dinglenuts
12-19-2005, 07:28 PM
wow, love the unbiased opinions here guys . First off, not trying to make kevin look bad, but he's pretty much impossible to get ahold of, at least thats been my experience the past couple months after we originally discussed the transaction. figured making a statement on the thread would get him to get back to me, and i'm sorry if it offended you buh buh, but i think you'll agree your super busy, and i kind of figured if it took two months to give you money, it would take longer to get a response to this. To you and all your " back up" I'm sorry. I didn't feel the comment i made in the thread was extremely negative, and i think its being overreacted to. As far as my car washing skills go, i'm obviously a car fan, seeing as i'm here on beyond, and I know not to use a foam brush and to leave soap soaking on a dirty panel for a while before washing. I've clay barred with no problems, cut polished etc, and am fully aware of how to maintain paint on a vehicle. I'm also fully aware its buyer beware, but it is really hard to determine the condition of the lid when it was literally covered in dirt, dead flies stuck in the dirt, and bird droppings. I wasn't going to start wiping with my hands, which would have scratched the paint. I take a lot of pride in my prelude, as i'm sure all you guys who have made comments to me so far do with your vehicles. I was quite choked at the time, and i guess i vented wrongly. I would like to mention that in my pm to buh buh i said i thought he was probably unaware and that i just thought he should make sure before saying it was excellent. I'm not trying to offend the popular group here, sorry for causing you all so much stress.

dinglenuts
12-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I also want to say that in no way was i looking to be reimbursed, and i know $300 bucks is a good price for a lid, as i've bought a few body panels before for my old civic. All i can say is i was choked after wainting two months to buy an electron blue pearl lid to avoid repaint, and then ending up having to get it done so the condition of the lid matches the excellent condition of the rest of my car. Once again i'll say i was NOT trying to offend.

buh_buh
12-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I am aware you are not looking to get reimbursed. I was offering that so you wouldn't feel like you got screwed over for the trunk.