PDA

View Full Version : Whistler

ramminghard
12-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I am driving down to Whistler for New Years. Looking for some interesting things to do. Also wondering how far it is to drive to see the ocean from Whistler. Is there any places near Whistler that you can eat at that have an ocean view? I realize that whistler is not on the coast so i am just wondering if i would have to drive into Vancouver to do something like that?

ecstasy_civic
12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
I am driving down to Whistler for New Years. Looking for some interesting things to do. Also wondering how far it is to drive to see the ocean from Whistler. Is there any places near Whistler that you can eat at that have an ocean view? I realize that whistler is not on the coast so i am just wondering if i would have to drive into Vancouver to do something like that?

ya youll have to drive quite a ways to get a spot near the ocean.

civicrider
12-07-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah even from the top you cant see the ocean

tsi_neal
12-07-2005, 11:14 PM
the fastest way to whistler that i know of is through vancouver, so youll get some ocean views on the drive anyways. In the summer the drive is about an hour from vancouver keeping speeds reasonable. Im not sure how well the road is maintained in the winter but id give it at least 1.5 hours...

Whistler is a GREAT party town, ive only been in the summer but lots of friendly people and its pretty easy to start chatting and be having some beers before you know it... so as far as interesting things go, pretty much ski/ride/drink/party..

Foz
12-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I believe there's an ocean view along HW99 to Whistler. I actually think there was a couple.

Think it's just as you're leaving N. Van (just after the ship docks?).

There's some places to stop and pull over to see the ocean view.

cycosis
12-08-2005, 11:51 AM
im also heading down there aorund the same time, which mountain is better, blackhomb or whistler?

Wildcat
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
im also heading down there aorund the same time, which mountain is better, blackhomb or whistler?

whistler imo.

definetly a great party town. check out some of the bars there, savage beagle and garfinkels are awesome. maxx fish is pretty lame tho.

2.4l
12-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
you wont hit the same spot twice so it dosent even matter
its gona be nuts ill bet here for new years too.. lots of rich honeys

mo_virgin
12-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Be careful if you take the sea to sky highway... they say its one of the most dangerous roads in canada.