PDA

View Full Version : Could it be a worm or parasite?

cycosis
12-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Alrighty, Im trying to get down to the bottom of why im so god damn skinny and low on energy ALL THE TIME! I get at least 7-9 hours of sleep a night and they are consistent sleep periods. i dont wake up in the middle of the night but i still dont feel rested in the morning. I eat huge amounts of food and not jsut junk. I make a large effort to eat healthy being im no longer living at home. SO why is it im always tired, have no energy for physical activities and i cant gain a pound? i figure my metabolism has got to be slowing down being that im a month away from turning 20.

I went to ecuador a couple years ago and i know a few of my friends got parasites. I also have a pet chinese water dragon which ive never had checked by a vet for worms. Could i have a large tape worm of some kind that is sucking up all my nutrients?

Kirbs17
12-08-2005, 05:22 AM
It is a possibility, You never know. Maybe run by the doctors for a check up, and see what they have to say

djayz
12-08-2005, 05:51 AM
maybe you are sleeping too much?....sometimes when i sleep a lot day after day i just get more and more tired

try sleeping a few hours less everyday and see if you can find things to do that will keep you active.

Davetronz
12-08-2005, 09:00 AM
I would also get checked for a possible glandular issue (Hypo/Hyperthyroidism)...

TrevorK
12-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Go for a blood test - things like low energy can be caused by things like lack of iron, etc....

A_3
12-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I had a parasite years ago when I went to Florida, all those symptoms seem about right. You can take pills that kills the little bugger off no problem. A doctor will be able to tell you very easily if you have one or not.

JAYMEZ
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Wierd , when I went to Ecuador I had the same stuff happen to me as well. But like A_3 said , pop a few perscription pills and it should go away... But if you got a worm... you know how they get it our right?? :barf:

A_3
12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
^ahahahaha... ewwwwww

2000_SI
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
I hope you guys are not talking about the old "Apple" trick....:barf:

FatboyTheHungry
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
yuck...

paramedic
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Take a blood test. They'll know if u have parasites and they'll call in u to give a stool sample just to confirm.

cycosis
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
thx for the info

DC2
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
^^ keep us updated!

nismodrifter
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
blood work will definately tell you about alot of things, hows your iron?

GTS Jeff
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
See if you can see chunks of tapeworm in your poo. :)

ninjak84
12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

oh fuck guy :rofl: :rofl:

You should be a family doctor. Make sure you deliver lines that to your patients with a big smiley

cycosis
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

ill keep that in mind... hahah

bigbadboss101
12-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Good stuff here...

http://www.curezone.com/clark/

1-Cent
12-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I dunno lets have a look see, bend over and touch your toes

sexualbanana
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
Alrighty, Im trying to get down to the bottom of why im so god damn skinny and low on energy ALL THE TIME! I get at least 7-9 hours of sleep a night and they are consistent sleep periods. i dont wake up in the middle of the night but i still dont feel rested in the morning. I eat huge amounts of food and not jsut junk. I make a large effort to eat healthy being im no longer living at home. SO why is it im always tired, have no energy for physical activities and i cant gain a pound? i figure my metabolism has got to be slowing down being that im a month away from turning 20.

I went to ecuador a couple years ago and i know a few of my friends got parasites. I also have a pet chinese water dragon which ive never had checked by a vet for worms. Could i have a large tape worm of some kind that is sucking up all my nutrients?

My metabolism is stay way up there, and I'm 22 so I don't think that's such a big deal. I'm sort of the same way. All my profs know me as someone that falls asleep in every class.

I've talked to my doctor before. He's an idiot, but I've done the blood work and all that and I've checked out fine. I think it could just be a mental thing where you simply don't want to do anything.

Aleks
12-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

My metabolism is stay way up there, and I'm 22 so I don't think that's such a big deal. I'm sort of the same way. All my profs know me as someone that falls asleep in every class.

I've talked to my doctor before. He's an idiot, but I've done the blood work and all that and I've checked out fine. I think it could just be a mental thing where you simply don't want to do anything.

Werd, I have been pretty skinny all my life. I was 6'1' and 140lbs at one point. I went for tests and they never found anything. I've had stomach problems from time to time too, but I think they attributed that to bad diet. Anyways a bit of gym and getting a bit older (now im 25) and I'm still slim for my height but I'm up to 180 lbs. Working out does help...it will slowly give you more energy until you feel energized every morning.

cycosis
12-13-2005, 08:17 AM
thx again for the help

justincalgary
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
I was skinny up until last year. Super fast metabolism, I have put on 35 pounds since then, and I am 27. Finally up to 195 and I am 5'11". You have the exact same thing I had, and all I did was take a good multivitamin. Worked wonders.

00CivicSi
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
if ya have worms usually you can tell if ya have bad skin rashes or and itchy ass hole. Cause they kreep out of your bum at night and lay eggs and crawl back up your bum to take a share of the food you eat. Studies show that 1 out of 3 adults have worms or a parasite infection and they don't even know it. But if you have been pretty skinny most of your life I doubt you have buggies probaly just a fast metobolism and a deficency in vitamins and minerals.

If ya wanna pack on some size kill your metobolism off. Eat 6 meals a day every 3 hours, that will stall and put your metoblism at a stand still because you'll be giving your body food every 3 hours your also getting more calories and nutrients. If ya can't eat that much use a wieght gainer shake if it doesn't rott your ass. Popeyes has Muscle Juice, GNC has Mega Mass and Mammoth is good too. Take a good vitamin and mineral perferbally in a capsule not in a tablet. Tablets don't get absorbed as well and thier usually timed release. GNC Mega Men and mega woman suck dink. Use Solaray's Multi and take one with every meal and hit the wieghts.

If you still think you have a buggy buddie either see a doctor and take a prescription or hit a local health supplement store and buy Black Walnut tincture and take it as reccommended or you'll puke your face off.