PDA

View Full Version : Who saw the black Integra in the ditch on Deerfoot lastnight?

Pages : [1] 2

89coupe
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Driver looked to be a young guy. Probably driving recklessly. Smacked his car into the middle meridian between 16th and 32nd. Dumbass! LOL.

4doorj
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
[B]Driver looked to be a young guy. Probably driving recklessly.

you never saw the accident happen right? you shouldnt assume things
the roads were hella splippery yesterday

if i hit black ice... and got into a accident.. i would hate for people to think i was driving wrecklessly because im young

7thgenvic
12-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

true dad, no pics or anything?

WWJAI
12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Dumbass! LOL.

Now who looks like a dumbass .........Dumbass!!

89coupe
12-08-2005, 11:49 AM

LOL...no they weren't. Bone dry on deerfoot.

sputnik
12-08-2005, 11:55 AM

:werd:

I drove on Deerfoot from 16th NE to 130th SE last night and it BONE dry.

civicluva
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
You still don't know what happened; therefore, don't assume things.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
These are the types of accidents I have seen on Deerfoot.

1.) Someone gets rearended.

2.) Someone gets impatient pulls out in front of moving traffic without looking and gets smoked in the side or hits someone.

3.) Someone doesn't shoulder check while switching lanes and either gets hit or hits someone.

4.) Someone isn't paying attention with the cars in front of him/her and rearends someone or swerves to avoid and drives off the road, because they are either following too close or are day dreaming.

5.) Just plain well reckless driving and loses control.

4doorj
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
^yeah i guess.....
im not trying to start anything... haha
but just thinking... on those little ice rutts.. people slip on them all the time.. i seen a civic the other day on 16th... driving like 80 in a 90 almost causing an accident from slipping...
no wreckless driving there....
im just saying... i hate being "assumed" to be wreckless because im young.. thats all

89coupe
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I think people should be fined for driving cars in the winter without winter tires. I think it should be illegal.

I've never, ever lost control of my vehicle in the worst of worst conditions in the 17 years I have been driving when I'm driving defensively.

The only time I have ever lost control of a vehicle is when I have been goofing off or been careless.

legendboy
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM

haha ya man, i drove from beddington to mackenzie last night, roads are completely dry and ice free :dunno:

4doorj
12-08-2005, 12:16 PM

I've never, ever lost control of my vehicle in the worst of worst conditions in the 17 years I have been driving when I'm driving defensively.

do u want a cookie?

people loose control all the time... thats why its called an accident
i have winter tires... i know i slip every so often ... but i can control it

so also to say if someone had to dodge a oncoming deer... hit ice... spun and flipped over... its because they were careless:dunno:

Bill Cosby
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
ide rather be stereotyped as a teenage driver than an asian one :dunno:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM

do u want a cookie?

so also to say if someone had to dodge a oncoming deer... hit ice... spun and flipped over... its because they were careless:dunno:

LOL...if are driving so fast that you spin, lose control and flip your car, you don't know how to drive.

I drive to BC every year for the past 17 years and have never even come close to hitting any animal.

The only time I've every encountered an accident with an animal is when a deer ran into the side of my car. Nothing I could to avoid it, but, I didn't lose control, I never spun out, flipped my car or anything dramatic...LOL.

Justing
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
ide rather be stereotyped as a teenage driver than an asian one :dunno:

:rofl:
Try being a teenage asian driver!! haha
But the absolute worse are old asian woman. Them bitches should not be allowed to drive.

ninjak84
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
do u want a cookie?

Jesus.

Was this guy your boyfriend?

If not, then how about dropping it? Why are you defending him so bad?

What if he was drunk?

4doorj
12-08-2005, 12:33 PM
^no... its just a pet peeve of mine being stereo typed... thats all!!!
he could of been drunk... who knows...:dunno:
i just dont like reading stereo types... thats all...

89coupe seems like a really good guy!!! explaining everything... :thumbsup: no yelling or bashing or anything

"do u want a cookie" i just always wanted to use it:D

89coupe
12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
^no... its just a pet peeve of mine being stereo typed... thats all!!!
he could of been drunk... who knows...:dunno:
i just dont like reading stereo types... thats all...

89coupe seems like a really good guy!!! explaining everything... :thumbsup: no yelling or bashing or anything

"do u want a cookie" i just always wanted to use it:D

I never stereotyped anyone?

4doorj
12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
^sorry i mean assume the guy wreckless driving because hes young
bad choice in words on my side

ninjak84
12-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey me too, I can't stand stereotypes. That's why I believe in dealing with things individually.

I rode with a buddy in high school who just bought a new mustang. He took me for a ride and sparked a joint. Next thing I knew he was doing 130km/h on Anderson high as a kite! We lost control, and did a 720 in rush hour traffic.

Long story short, he got off because he shed a tear and said everyone was throwing "stereotypes" at him... :rolleyes: That guy grew up to be the biggest bitch.....

I'm just saying who knows what this guy was doing? :dunno:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
^sorry i mean assume the guy wreckless driving because hes young
bad choice in words on my side

I didn't assume he was driving recklessly because he was young. I said he appeared to be young...PERIOD! One observation.

I then then said he was probably driving recklessly. 2nd observation based on what I saw.

SOAB
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
I think people should be fined for driving cars in the winter without winter tires. I think it should be illegal.

that is the stupidest idea ever.

i have never owned winter tires for the last 12 years of driving and never have been in an at fault accident...but because i don't need winter tires to cover up bad driving habits, i shouldn't be allowed to drive? get a fuckin clue.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

i have never owned winter tires for the last 12 years of driving and never have been in an at fault accident...but because i don't need winter tires to cover up bad driving habits, i shouldn't be allowed to drive? get a fuckin clue.

I could care less if you think its stupid or not.

At one time people thought wearing seatbelts was stupid as well. But hey guess what, they save lives.

So can winter tires.

lastprodigy
12-08-2005, 03:25 PM
haha why is this is a spotted thread?

ecstasy_civic
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM

I could care less if you think its stupid or not.

At one time people thought wearing seatbelts was stupid as well. But hey guess what, they save lives.

So can winter tires.

are you going to fork out money for everyone to get some winter tires?

cause I know the city sure as hell wont:dunno:

Some people just cant afford them, personally I love mine but they arent NEEDED.

hoppy2018
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Everytime anybody post something there's always some uptight little faggit that has a problem with what you say.

If you dont agree shut the fuck up and keep your wiseass comment to yourself!!

89coupe
12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

cause I know the city sure as hell wont:dunno:

Some people just cant afford them, personally I love mine but they arent NEEDED.

Does the city pay for your insurance? Does the city pay for your new tires when they become bald and are no longer safe or legal to drive on?

Its a luxury son, if you can't afford it you shouldn't own it.

sputnik
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Ive driven RWD cars for years and have never spent money on winter tires. Calgary is pretty easy to get around in during the winter as the roads for the most part are dry due to the low humidity and regular chinooks. Winter tires are kind of a waste IMO.

Drive around in Winnipeg for a few winters and you will realize why I find the roads in Calgary so good.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM

Does the city pay for your insurance? Does the city pay for your new tires when they become bald and are no longer safe or legal to drive on?

how true, I had my summers on for the first bit of snow, they sucked, now with the winters on they rule, plus each year I go through Jasper up to Prince George then down to my parrents for Xmas, the roads are REAL bad through there I wouldn't want to go through that way on my summer tires, I've passed 4x4s on that road with their all seasons with no problems, so if you get into an accident be prepaired to explain to the cops why you can't afford winter tires and they WILL hand you a ticket for not being prepaired for winter driving

ninjak84
12-08-2005, 04:21 PM

:clap:

:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

madmazda
12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
this is why tire companies spend LOTS of money on R&D for this stuff, lots of sipes, deep tread, large lugs ( not wheel lugs either) or JUGS if you like...

BoS_DC2
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
^--- that's almost unreal, so slim but look at those!.. :eek:

for places like calgary, i think winter tires are a must.. look at all the accidents now.. not bashing or anything, but if you say old asian people drive recklessly check out those old white people, just 20 minutes ago, there was this granny holding up two lanes just to take a right turn, deerfoot = bad

SOAB
12-08-2005, 05:03 PM
there is no way a cop will give you a ticket because you don't have winter tires on...my all seasons still have plenty of tread left. i have no problems driving anywhere with my vehicle the way it is.

5 point harnesses are also safer for driving...why don't they make it illegal to drive without that too? :thumbsdow

89coupe
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
there is no way a cop will give you a ticket because you don't have winter tires on...my all seasons still have plenty of tread left. i have no problems driving anywhere with my vehicle the way it is.

5 point harnesses are also safer for driving...why don't they make it illegal to drive without that too? :thumbsdow

A cop can give you a ticket if he feels your vehicle is not safe to be driven. He can even have it towed.

If you have winter tires in icey conditions you have a whole lot better chance of stopping in time then if you did with all-season or summers. Use some common sense.

Read this article http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/tires/articles/100811/article.html

madmazda
12-08-2005, 05:20 PM
89 coupe glad to see you have your SH*T together nice to see common sense :thumbsup: a good winter tire is much better than a ok all season conti's rule...

4doorj
12-08-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah... i used to drive on all seasons only before... winter tires make a huuuuuuuuge difference!

SOAB
12-08-2005, 05:31 PM
so my 12 years of accident free driving tells you that i don't have common sense? common sense tells me that i don't follow too closely...

the cop better have a better reason than "you don't have winter tires" to tow my car...

89coupe
12-08-2005, 05:38 PM
so my 12 years of accident free driving tells you that i don't have common sense? common sense tells me that i don't follow too closely...

the cop better have a better reason than "you don't have winter tires" to tow my car...

If you honestly feel that your all-season tires are as good as winter tires, then yes, you have no common sense.

Just because you haven't gotten in an accident in 12 years doesn't mean jack shit.

Thats like saying, I've been smoking for 12 years and I haven't got cancer yet. Doesn't mean its right or safe. Duh!

SOAB
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
how can it not mean anything? it means that i've learned how to drive without hitting anything without assistance (ei: 4wd, ABS, winter tires)...better than most people here i would think.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 05:44 PM
i believe you are one of a few who can drive with common sense:thumbsup: however just like people who don't wipe off their windows COMPLETLY and start driving that scares me, now at one time they didn't have winter tires about a million years ago (insert sarcastic remark here) but when more people started to drive tire (or tyre) companies decided to help the mass drivers over come their stupidity and give them somthing better to help their lousy driving abilities, my first car was a honda matic back in the 1800's my bro and I shared it the thing didn't even have summer tires we however learned great car controll with bald tires while raping the local Safeway parking lot @ 2am. so there are people who need these tires check out discovery channels Canadas worst driver those people make me thankful that my car can go from zero to hero in the blink of an eye, I like to have those people WAY behind me... :poosie:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 05:45 PM
how can it not mean anything? it means that i've learned how to drive without hitting anything without assistance (ei: 4wd, ABS, winter tires)...better than most people here i would think.

LOL...are you not getting it?

Its like saying, I've been free climbing for 12 years and have never fallen.

You might be more accustomed to driving on all-seasons but in no way can you say its safer then if you had winters on.

SOAB
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
LMAO!! i feel sooo sorry for that asian guy on Canada's worst driver...he must get razzed by his friends bigtime!!

madmazda
12-08-2005, 05:49 PM
and that Italian chick too kills me evry time I watch it... they all scare the sh*t out o me:eek: :burnout:

SOAB
12-08-2005, 05:50 PM

LOL...are you not getting it?

Its like saying, I've been free climbing for 12 years and have never fallen.

You might be more accustomed to driving on all-seasons but in no way can you say its safer then if you had winters on.

quote where i said i am safer with all season than winters? i'm sure i'm safer with my all seasons than lots of other people with winter tires. i don't feel the need for winters because i can drive just fine without them. and that shows with my driving record...

Aleks
12-08-2005, 05:51 PM

do u want a cookie?

Accidents Do not Exist! Only Collisions. You'll never see cops use that term and all of the driving instructors use the word Collision. Collisions are avoidable, accidents are not. :poosie: If you're losing control you're driving too fast for the conditions.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 05:54 PM

quote where i said i am safer with all season than winters? i'm sure i'm safer with my all seasons than lots of other people with winter tires. i don't feel the need for winters because i can drive just fine without them. and that shows with my driving record...

I sort of agree last year my buddy who owns a 2004 mazda 3, we went to kickinghorse and made it there rather quickly and he had all seasons on it, and i believe it comes down to the type of car and the drivers ability...

89coupe
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM

By you saying you are fine without them is just ignorance. You put yourself and others at greater risk by driving in the winter with tires not designed for winter...PERIOD!

If you cannot wrap your head around this concept, I'm sorry for you.

I guess the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss ;)

SI-vic
12-08-2005, 05:59 PM
so you seen an integra in the ditch on deerfoot?

did you just get your eyesight back or something?
i didnt know it was so useful to post about cars in a ditch
if that were so, my post per day would be significantly increased

madmazda
12-08-2005, 06:02 PM
However if he had to make ANY sudden movements i would rather be on winter tires, look at pro rally drivers the tires (tyres) are crazy huge Ju oops! Lugs

89coupe
12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
so you seen an integra in the ditch on deerfoot?

did you just get your eyesight back or something?
i didnt know it was so useful to post about cars in a ditch
if that were so, my post per day would be significantly increased

The reason I wanted to post it is because it was during rush hour traffic, when every lane is basically at a snails pace and I wondered to myself, how the hell could someone end up in the ditch when everyone is going like 40km an hour, if that, in rush hour traffic. And because of this kids car flying off the road into the gaurd rail it caused a major bottle neck on deerfoot, both North bound and South bound because of all the rubber necks wanting to get a peak at what just happened. Another fucking thing I can't stand, which is also a cause of accidents.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't think 89 coupe cares about his ability to do large posts as we all can see this topic went into tire choice and that to me means we all are cognizant of what we are doing on slippery roads and with our driving abilities...trust me I had a go with him on my ZX7R this summer and got raped BADLY :poosie: so I feel he more cares about his car than being a post whore:thumbsup:
next time I wana be in my car, ha ha

SI-vic
12-08-2005, 06:14 PM

The reason I wanted to post it is because it was during rush hour traffic, when every lane is basically at a snails pace and I wondered to myself, how the hell could someone end up in the ditch when everyone is going like 40km an hour, if that, in rush hour traffic. And because of this kids car flying off the road into the gaurd rail it caused a major bottle neck on deerfoot, both North bound and South bound because of all the rubber necks wanting to get a peak at what just happened. Another fucking thing I can't stand, which is also a cause of accidents.

:rofl:
i understand why you came to the assumption that he was recklessly driving.

but tire choice wouldnt have mattered in this incident
this moron would have went into the ditch with ANY tire since deerfoot was claimed to be dry. ( i avoid deerfoot as much as possible)

Police
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
whats up with these stupid ass pointless spotted threads lately and to make it worse theres no pics whatsoever...who the hell cares if its a YOUNG guy driving an INTEGRA, theres stereotype written all over this thread. You're ignorant. People get cut off on deerfoot by retards all the time and guess where you end up when you get cut off???:dunno: :whocares:

89coupe just because you don't loose control on snow or haven't hit anything doesn't directly mean you're a good/skilled driver. Same goes for getting tickets, it doesn't mean you are an angel of a driver just because one hasn't gotten a ticket in 10 years. Stop flattering yourself.

kenny
12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
For those that say they cannot afford winter tires, why not just buy a set of crappy winter tires and drive with them as all seasons? They'll be good enough for the summer and in the winter will still be better than any all seasons.

SOAB
12-08-2005, 07:27 PM

By you saying you are fine without them is just ignorance. You put yourself and others at greater risk by driving in the winter with tires not designed for winter...PERIOD!

If you cannot wrap your head around this concept, I'm sorry for you.

I guess the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss ;)

i don't just say it, i show it. just because YOU feel that you can't drive in the winter without your winter tires, doesn't mean i can't.

if you can't wrap your head around THAT concept, maybe you should use some of that money you put into your car and buy yourself some sense.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 07:31 PM

i don't just say it, i show it. just because YOU feel that you can't drive in the winter without your winter tires, doesn't mean i can't.

if you can't wrap your head around THAT concept, maybe you should use some of that money you put into your car and buy yourself some sense.

LOL...whatever buddy. :rolleyes:

Hakkola
12-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I too think it should be illegal to drive after a couple snowfalls, or in bad conditions without snow tires.

I don't care if people can't afford them, I don't think piece of shit rustbuckets should be on the road either.

People can take the bus.

There's no denying that if every car had winter tires we'd see fewer accidents, hell, traffic would probably move faster as well.

I'm sick and tired of seeing traffic moving at a crawl because some douchbags decide that summer tires are all right.

Could I use my summer tires during the winter? Yeah, would I be fine? Probably, but, the average driver would improve with winter tires.

Hell, I feel safer with my studded tires, especially on ice. Even though my sport tires seemed fine on snow, and I kept them on for a couple snowfalls this winter, I know there's no way they're as good my winter tires.

It's called preventive measures, they don't let you drive without a seatbelt, or ride a bike without a helmet, why stop there?

madmazda
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Or sex without a CONDOM...oh wait you have to have sex don't ya...OOPS!!! self owned:poosie:

madmazda
12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey, I say lets settle this like men... Lets all of us take our cars(with our tire of choice) and settle this like men, not in a strait line like those PINKS pussys lets go around corners like real men as fast as our balls will handle, then at the end the last man driving wins:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :clap: :clap: :clap: because it doesnt take as much skill to go strait fast as it does going around corners fast (unless you have 6000+hp under your ass then you are my hero...):burnout: :burnout:

SOAB
12-08-2005, 07:56 PM

LOL...whatever buddy. :rolleyes:

nice rebuttal...

maybe they should ban all cars over 150hp...they COULD be a danger to the public...

how fucken retarded did that sound? about as retarded as your idea of making it illegal to drive without winter tires...

SOAB
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I too think it should be illegal to drive after a couple snowfalls, or in bad conditions without snow tires.

I don't care if people can't afford them, I don't think piece of shit rustbuckets should be on the road either.

People can take the bus.

There's no denying that if every car had winter tires we'd see fewer accidents, hell, traffic would probably move faster as well.

I'm sick and tired of seeing traffic moving at a crawl because some douchbags decide that summer tires are all right.

Could I use my summer tires during the winter? Yeah, would I be fine? Probably, but, the average driver would improve with winter tires.

Hell, I feel safer with my studded tires, especially on ice. Even though my sport tires seemed fine on snow, and I kept them on for a couple snowfalls this winter, I know there's no way they're as good my winter tires.

It's called preventive measures, they don't let you drive without a seatbelt, or ride a bike without a helmet, why stop there?

i'm pretty sure that there is a difference between summer tires and all-seasons. an idiot behind the wheel will crash with winter tires just as easy as all-seasons...

preventitive measures is right. but education and training is the key, NOT legislation...

Hakkola
12-08-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree, I think the drivers test should be a hell of a lot harder, and I think it should cost a lot more to get registered.

Our licensing system should be a carbon copy of Europe's, then I'd be happy.

There is a difference between all-seasons and winter tires, big difference.

Whenever you make a compromise between two conditions you lose performance on both ends.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Lets all go to the Transport Canada web page near the top left is a box that says"mini searck" type in winter tires and have a go it'll give you lots of ok info, however winter driveing experience does help A LOT!!!:burnout:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM

nice rebuttal...

maybe they should ban all cars over 150hp...they COULD be a danger to the public...

how fucken retarded did that sound? about as retarded as your idea of making it illegal to drive without winter tires...

It wouldn't matter what I said, because you obviously feel your superior driving skills are all that you need to keep you safe during the winter months.

LOL:rolleyes:

madmazda
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
bad spelling thats driving oops!!

Sharpie
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM

Actually 5 point harnesses aren't safer... but back on topic.........

apples
12-08-2005, 08:15 PM

nice rebuttal...

:werd:

shit 89coupe, while we are at we better get a petition rolling to ban all vehicles without ABS and traction assist from winter driving....... ignorant bastards eh?

civicluva
12-08-2005, 08:15 PM

With that saying; people who finance cars shouldn't have cars in the first place because technically they can't afford to have it.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 08:16 PM
LOL...we should call up those guys who do all the road tests for winter tires and get SOAB to drive for them. He will prove them all wrong. Whatever situation presented to him in icy conditions, he could maneuver the vehicle with his superior driving skills, without the aid of winter tires....LOL

All hail to SOAB.:rofl:

madmazda
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Lets set up a time/place and lets race already lets see what happens:poosie: :poosie:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by madmazda
Lets set up a time/place and lets race already lets see what happens:poosie: :poosie:

Thats bright:rolleyes:

Of course if it was a closed course at racecity I would be all for it.

OH, my winter car is an AWD TSI Talon with Blizzaks on all four corners. But I'm sure SOABS amazing driving skills and his all-seasons will run circles around me...LOL:rofl:

apples
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM

OH, my winter car is an AWD TSI Talon with Blizzaks on all four corners. But I'm sure SOABS amazing driving skills and his all-seasons will run circles around me...LOL:rofl:

shhhhhh

SOAB
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM

LOL. my driving skills get me to work and back...without the driving aid of winter tires. thats all i could give a shit about.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 08:32 PM

ahhhh come on you can't honestly tell me that you never raced on the street slippery or otherwise...:D :D :D or we can go to the bush some snowy gravel 2wd only awd thats cheating LOL:burnout:

Hakkola
12-08-2005, 08:37 PM
My biggest problem with summer tires is that they slow you down, especially if you're on an icy incline, you get stuck you impede traffic.

Past two winters I had quality winter tires and I didn't get stuck ONCE.

I had a buddy last year who had summers on his Mazdaspeed during the winter, he didn't get into any accidents, but guess what happened? New Years eve we were going out, seperate places, and a road by my house was ICE. I had to drive out to meet him, empty sandbags under his tires, took over an hour for me to push him a block and get him up a hill.

Did he get in an accident? No, but it sure was a pain in the ass moving his car when he got stuck.

madmazda
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Too much Horse Power...:burnout:

89coupe
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
My biggest problem with summer tires is that they slow you down, especially if you're on an icy incline, you get stuck you impede traffic.

Past two winters I had quality winter tires and I didn't get stuck ONCE.

I had a buddy last year who had summers on his Mazdaspeed during the winter, he didn't get into any accidents, but guess what happened? New Years eve we were going out, seperate places, and a road by my house was ICE. I had to drive out to meet him, empty sandbags under his tires, took over an hour for me to push him a block and get him up a hill.

Did he get in an accident? No, but it sure was a pain in the ass moving his car when he got stuck.

Exactly. All the fucking clowns who get stuck on a slight incline at a light because they have fucking all-seasons on. I've seen it a million times.

apples
12-08-2005, 08:56 PM

Exactly. All the fucking clowns who get stuck on a slight incline at a light because they have fucking all-seasons on. I've seen it a million times.

Exactly???? you have been complaining about collision safety this whole time, and now all of a sudden the problem with all seasons is people getting stuck at lights?

:english:

Hakkola
12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with him adding that it slows people down? It's true, it might not be his first concern, maybe he didn't think about it earlier when he was posting, but I'm pretty sure everybody finds it annoying when the guy in front of you cant get his car moving.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by apples

Exactly???? you have been complaining about collision safety this whole time, and now all of a sudden the problem with all seasons is people getting stuck at lights?

:english:

I was just agreeing with his comments, apples...LOL

What happens to a car when its on a steep incline and the car starts to slide backwards, uuuhhh, it hits the car behind him/her. I've seen that a million times as well. Both inclines and declines. All because the cheap son-of-a-bitch didn't have winter tires on.

hampstor
12-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Accidents Do not Exist! Only Collisions. You'll never see cops use that term and all of the driving instructors use the word Collision. Collisions are avoidable, accidents are not. :poosie: If you're losing control you're driving too fast for the conditions.

That's what they told me at drivers ed :werd:

Having driven a car with brand new winter tires vs a car with brand new all season tires i have to agree with 89coupe. It's like wiping your ass with sand paper and then doing it with silk :devil: Completely different feel!

apples
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
What's wrong with him adding that it slows people down? It's true, it might not be his first concern, maybe he didn't think about it earlier when he was posting, but I'm pretty sure everybody finds it annoying when the guy in front of you cant get his car moving.

this debate is based on 89coupes opinion that all vehicles, operating in the winter, should have winter tires. He has justified this by claiming that vehicles using non-winter tires are not safe enough to be operated in the winter.

In his above post, he gives off the impression that the reason they should not be operated in the winter is because of the millions of drivers slipping at lights and not starting fast enough.

This really doesnt have anything to do with the debate. However I am sure you can spin it off into a safety issue if you really want to...

DC2uned
12-08-2005, 09:16 PM

I didn't assume he was driving recklessly because he was young. I said he appeared to be young...PERIOD! One observation.

I then then said he was probably driving recklessly. 2nd observation based on what I saw.

:rolleyes:
Nice try stereotyper!!!:rofl:

But honestly you sound like an arrogant a-hole. I hope you don't speak to soon about being the ABSOLUTLY-AMAZING DRIVER you are Pfft. Who hasn't lost control before, you splendid driver you.:bullshit:

madmazda
12-08-2005, 09:17 PM
CHEAP SON OF A BITCH!!

madmazda
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Has anyone checked out transport Canadas web site yet... Give it a try they have answered many good questions on the whole winter tire issue like air pressure and ambient temp it all plays in this issue of tire choice:D

89coupe
12-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

:rolleyes:
Nice try stereotyper!!!:rofl:

But honestly you sound like an arrogant a-hole. I hope you don't speak to soon about being the ABSOLUTLY-AMAZING DRIVER you are Pfft. Who hasn't lost control before, you splendid driver you.:bullshit:

I think you better go back and read things again. Its SOAB who is claiming to be the amazing driver with the superior driving skills...LOL:rofl:

madmazda
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
TRANSPORT CANADA give it a try...

Police
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by madmazda
TRANSPORT CANADA give it a try...

STFU already you make a post every few minutes about the same useless shit get a friggin life.. :whocares:

Kobe
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Off topic

3 accidents on deerfoot North today at 8:30am

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SilverBoost
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
This thread is funny.

There is no argument for which tire is better in winter. Winter tires wins. Period. You can't argue that fact. Some people chose to run all seasons, but that's their choice. It's not the best one, but an acceptable one. Unfortunately here they are pretty useless when you hit those -30 temps. The rubber gets super hard and your grip is gone. A studded winter is what's really need in those cases. But because the roads are only snowed covered for short times in Calgary, they tend to chew up the roads more.

I'd also agree that there should be a law against driving in the winter without the proper equipment. That means a winter tire, or an all season tire. But I see fucktards running around here with summers on. That's complete idiocy.

I mean they have laws against the size of your exhaust tip, but I never saw an exhaust tip slide into oncoming traffic and kill someone.

It's funny though seeing the arguments over things that are unarguable. A good winter tire will ALWAYS out perform an all season and summer in winter; a good summer tire wil ALWAYS outperform an allseason and winter in summer; and all seasons are made to be acceptable in both winter and summer. Which means they wont grip nearly as good as a season specific tire at any time of year.

SOAB
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM

I think you better go back and read things again. Its SOAB who is claiming to be the amazing driver with the superior driving skills...LOL:rofl:

thats right, and don't you forget it. and i'll lap you at race city in 10 laps or less...

SOAB
12-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
This thread is funny.

There is no argument for which tire is better in winter. Winter tires wins. Period. You can't argue that fact.

i don't think anybody is arguing that fact. winter tires DO grip better. what i'm arguing is that i think a good driver can do fine with all seasons.

the last week and a half has been fairly cold, but i didn't slip or get stuck or hold up traffic :rolleyes: but i deserve to have my car towed because i don't have winters on?

winter driving is all about be smooth with your inputs... just because you have winter tires doesn't automatically give you great driving skills.

89coupe
12-08-2005, 11:44 PM

thats right, and don't you forget it. and i'll lap you at race city in 10 laps or less...

Oh yeh I forgot, you are a professional rider as well...LOL

Whats your name? Maybe I can catch you on the next Rally on TSN or the next Sportbike Championship...LOL:rofl:

SOAB
12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Steve Crevier. :D LOL

SikAssR1
12-09-2005, 12:05 AM

wow you have AWD....that must help, don't ya think:rolleyes:

ninjak84
12-09-2005, 03:04 AM
I don't think piece of shit rustbuckets should be on the road either.

Amen!
No way all those cars are meeting emissions and safety. But I guess some people have no other means....

Steve Crevier. :D LOL

:whocares:

legendboy
12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
I think all people in calgary should be required to drive in a major US metropolis for a week. Some place like LA, San Antonio, Dallas. Then everybody would learn real quick how traffic is supposed to work. Either learn or cause a major accident.

Christ, i saw 3 accidents on deerfoot last night at around 7:00pm :banghead: The roads are dry, no fog, no ice, and people still manage to smash into eachother. wtf

And also, i changed lanes and the guy behind me started flashing me for no reason :dunno:

I think people here drive too slow, and they don't think they have to pay as much attention or something. Down in the USA, if you don't pay acute attention your going to get into trouble.

Aleks
12-09-2005, 09:18 AM
^ Try driving in Europe! Lanes not as wide, traffic moving a lot quicker. Drivers here are brutal. No common sense, no ettiquette. The biggest pet peeve is the far left lane. People hog it, drive slow, pace each other... I think half the people with licenses in this country would never get one in Europe. Driving is a priviledge not a Right! Wake up..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

madmazda
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Police

STFU already you make a post every few minutes about the same useless shit get a friggin life.. :whocares:

Me get a life at least I don't spend my life on here, look when you posted this 10:06 me 8:32 which was when i left because I have a life, a real good one too thanks... :burnout:

rage2
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
In the states, especially in the mountain areas of california, you can't even drive on highways without snow chains if it's snowing. They have highway cops there that will turn you around if you're not prepped for road conditions.

There's a reason they made winter tires. It's because of... ready for this... *gasp* WINTER! Sure you can drive on all seasons, but that's like playing ice hockey in runners. Or basketball on rollerskates. Arguing that we only get a few months of snow is stupid, for those days, you're reducing your safety.

Having winter tires is a necessity for good defensive driving in the winter. It gives you that extra margin of safety to account for the other idiots that have REDUCED MARGIN OF ERROR on winter roads with all season tires. Or worse yet... summer tires.

I'm all up for mandatory requirement of winter tires. It will make the roads safer, and allow more free flowing traffic in winter, instead of gridlock because the first 5 cars at the intersection has zero grip, and only 5 cars get through a lightchange.

And yes, there are no accidents. Only collisions.