PDA

View Full Version : For Rent: Executive Penthouse 1700 Sq ft Downtown

nit78
12-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I a have condo located on the top two levels of Rocky Mountain Court on 1st and 6th ave dowtown. This condo has an incredible view of princess Island along with North and North East Calgary.

Condo has just recently been renovated to include wood floors. There are two very large bedrooms and a den upstairs with a very open and spacious main level. The condo also includes two bathrooms, storage room and insuite laundry.

Anyone that is interested please let me know and I can make arrangments for a tour.

Asking $2200/month (inlcudes Gas, water and electricity) Plus you also get a covered 2 car parking stall right in the heart of downtown, currently rented for $350/month.

Available January 1st, willing to do month to month agreements.

B20EF
12-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Sounds pimpin, thats an awesome building too. It was my first choice when i bought a condo:thumbsup:

nit78
12-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
Sounds pimpin, thats an awesome building too. It was my first choice when i bought a condo:thumbsup:

It's an awesome location!

Thanks

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
why dont u sell..with the market the way it is, that place will sell for a pretty penny. u might be hard pressed to find a renter that wants to pay 2200 a month, unless its furnished, then short trem rentals might work

5hift
12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
haha lemme guess the next post .... do u have a real estate agent yet?

Pacman
12-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a great place. I'm not interested in renting it out, but if you have some photos of the inside and outside of the building I'd love to see them. I like to live vicariously though people who have nice pimpy places.

[email protected]

steelo
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Plus with the market so hot you wouldn't even have to use a used car salesman to sell it - you could keep all the dough to yourself.

G
12-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by steelo
Plus with the market so hot you wouldn't even have to use a used car salesman to sell it - you could keep all the dough to yourself.

You ever try buying and or selling yourself? I did and sometimes the hassles isn't worth the money. A "good" real estate agent is worth their weight in gold.

steelo
12-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Sure have.

It's not that big a deal doing your own footwork in order to save a minimum of several thousand dollars.

ricosuave
12-08-2005, 06:38 PM
and as a note to any landlords, 'month-to-month' is not something that you want to take on lightly.

a lease contract, even for 2 or 3 months, is still a far smarter option from a landlords point of view.

rico

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Sure have.

It's not that big a deal doing your own footwork in order to save a minimum of several thousand dollars.

hahah so nieve, there is a reason why realtors sell 95% of the homes in canada.;)

lastprodigy
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
dont bother renting unlesss you get at least a one year lease agreement, better yet, go through a rental agency, much easier this way

steelo
12-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

hahah so nieve, there is a reason why realtors sell 95% of the homes in canada.;)

How am I naive smart guy? Anyone with a little bit of patience and common sense can do your job. I'd rather put that commision right into my own pocket than give it to some Herb Tarlek in a stained polyester sportcoat. Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/scene-Herb-Tarlek_article.jpg

Neil4Speed
12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Just out of curiousity, whats the apartment number (PM if you want), I lived in one of the penthouses at RMC for the first 5 years of my life. Some great memories.

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 09:16 PM

How am I naive smart guy? Anyone with a little bit of patience and common sense can do your job. I'd rather put that commision right into my own pocket than give it to some Herb Tarlek in a stained polyester sportcoat. Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/scene-Herb-Tarlek_article.jpg

ok try it, thats why out of 4500 of us in alberta, only 10% make decent money. if its that easy why isnt everyone rich....its not an easy job at all. You can have all the patients and common sense in the world, doesnt meant your gonna sell homes. sell your house on your own. All the power to you.

Aleks
12-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Man, I tried buying a house on my own without a realtor. I made a few offers and nothing. (usually got there too late)
Then this one guy (by owner sale) made me a deal, tried to get him to sign with a lawyer to make if official for a week ended up telling me he wanted more money and asked me if i wanted to renegotiate a week later... I told him to go Fack himself. Once i did get a realtor I had a deal within 1 week! I Will NEVER do another transaction without a realtor!

Sorry this is way off topic

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 09:26 PM
see a smart guy, and it costs him nothing out of his pocket dirctly to use a realtor, sure there is a fee factor'd into the price. but at the end of the day its a home your buying not a new pair of jeans. its the biggest thing u can buy, why not make that transaction smooth, and as stressless as possible.

dezinr
12-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm guessing we are all adults here. So has anyone thought maybe we could leave this gentleman's thread alone.

If you wanna go at eachother start another thread. It is not fair to tarninsh someones thread to prove who is or is not better than the next guy.

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 09:39 PM
eaither way its being bumped to the top, if someones intrested they will see and PM him. its a chat fourm, take a look at 99% of the other threads.

Hakkola
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Hmm, $2200 a month sounds like a lot, but with a roomate that's only $1100 and that's possible.

I'd be interested in staying a few months, always wanted to live in that building, Penthouse would be great.

I just need a roomate :D

JordanLotoski
12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
its an awesome building and the ladies at manage the place are great. i lived there for a year when i moved here.

rogue
12-08-2005, 11:10 PM
yea awesome building and if you work downtown it is well worth the rent, you arent only renting a house you are getting a lifestyle that may be more suited to you, rent it see how you like then buy one.:D

avow
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
i would love to see some pictures of the place, post them for sure or e-mail at [email protected]

nit78
12-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the emails, I will try to get some pictures in the next few days.

As for selling, I have no intent to sell it anytime soon, just plan on renting it. I know $2200 might sound hight but I know for a fact the other penthouses are going for $2200-$2700. Apparently the US consulate is located in the building and the govenrment is willing to pay the rent.

dezinr
12-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Good idea to hold on to it. There is gonna be a big push soon in the east village, especially with the ptoential of the urban campus, which will really help to bring more life to the east end of downtown as well as to the core in general. So it will be an even better investment to have over the next few years.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
12-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Rocky Mountain Court (even at this price) is one of the best bargains in the city. Just looking at how central it is in downtown alone, and (big feature), its connected by the Plus 15. I remember when my dad used to work at City Hall he used to walk to work all inside for only 10 minutes/come home for lunch etc.

This building is also exceptionally built, old school solid. All Concrete. Haha, I wonder if it just might be the same one that I lived in as a kid (from 1985-1994), the rent at that time was $1200, so in a sense, considering the increase in the prices of real estate/inflation, its a pretty good price.

NoFlo
12-09-2005, 05:59 PM
using a realtor is NOT always the best solution.
there are situations where using one is ideal and other situations when they aren't.

i sold my house in 6hrs after listing with mls (thru realtor).
i did not want to b/c i knew for a fact that my area was a hot area for real estate. i only went with them b/c of convenience.
cost me $10,000. WAS NOT WORTH IT in this case.

my uncle tried to sell himself in a not as hot area. he was dicked around for weeks by lying potential buyers. it wasnt until 3 mths later when he decided to list, that a serious buyer came thru for him. he never did list with MLS though. just when he decided to list that 1 day later it sold. in his case, an agent would have helped.

izzoblitzo
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

say if you used a realtor to buy a new home in a new community (ie. walk into one of those showhomes) and had a brand new home built.. does the realtor get commision from the sale from the builder?

I built with Cardel.. and it was VERY hard to move the price.. I've had co-workers and friends build with them as well... and they either got no movement or very little at all.. is that normal? I can see a price tag move during a sale of an old house.. and I can see that if they're building it new to your specs, they dont have to negotiate much.

trendkill
12-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

say if you used a realtor to buy a new home in a new community (ie. walk into one of those showhomes) and had a brand new home built.. does the realtor get commision from the sale from the builder?

I built with Cardel.. and it was VERY hard to move the price.. I've had co-workers and friends build with them as well... and they either got no movement or very little at all.. is that normal? I can see a price tag move during a sale of an old house.. and I can see that if they're building it new to your specs, they dont have to negotiate much.

me and wifey used a realitor for our new home 4 years ago, BEST DECISION EVER... so glad we did he helped out on so many fronts, and yes they do get a commision and we pay DI-K

Prolifique
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Nit i'm hightly interested lemme know and i'll put down a deposit for first month rent . PM ME ASAP>

evilution
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
dude.. this is 9 months old..
i'm pretty sure its rented by now in this market.