PDA

View Full Version : great cars and trucks: Scam or legit?

Bushy
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I advertised my blazer in the bargain finder, and a guy called me from "great cars and trucks" claiming his company would sell my suv within a week or i would recieve my money back. But it would cost $150 that he would take by credit card, and when the sale was made i would recieve the money for my vehicle by certified cheque from bank of montreal. He did all of this over the phone not having seen the vehicle. It sure sounds like a scam, but has anyone used this company before or heared about them. Let me know. Thanks

teggypimp95
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
My gf tryed using them. She has had her 2 cars with them for over a month now and not a single call. She is about to file her rebate forms to get her 150 back. Its not a scam but they are absolutly usless. They sometimes call her to ask if she wants to sign up with them when she already is. They cant keep there shit together. Not worth the trouble dude.

(well lets hope she can get her money back ok)
:guns:

Bushy
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Where are they located? maybe ill go take a look.

Weapon_R
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Once you realize how difficult they make it to get your money back, you will see why most people stay away from these scammers.

GSR Zero
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Stay away from these guys. I unfortunately gave it a shot and its true that they call you even if you already have an ad running on their website. Never got one phone call from anyone for my car. Also the package that they send you is a joke. The for sale sign that they say they supply is a photocopied sign.

69cougar
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Do a search there was a post on here not to long ago about these guys (not favourable either) . Wonder if they even have a business license with the City?

khtm
12-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Google can be your friend.

This is not *entirely* a scam (in that they do occasionally help people sell their vehicles), but I've never heard of anyone actually being able to get their money back.

teggypimp95
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Have u heard of people not getting there money back after the "90" day period?

Bill Cosby
12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
to get your refund you need to get a notary.. its a scam dont use it .. they operate out of a tiny call centre (which changes when the rent is due) and calls all of the autotraders across north america to convince them to advertise there, .. its a wack ass company dont do it

Weapon_R
12-08-2005, 04:24 PM
They're even more annoying than the guys who call you from the bargain finder!

And you can get your money back but you're going to have to pay to get a sworn notarized form stating that you did not sell the car. Often, people dont do it because it costs time and money to get the form. It's a lose-lose situation.

Bill Cosby
12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
They're even more annoying than the guys who call you from the bargain finder!

fuck you weapon hahahaha

JAYMEZ
12-08-2005, 04:54 PM
They called me , STAY AWAY!!! Who makes there business by calling people in ANOTHER magazine/website... sad.

They said , "Hey i can sell your car in a week , i have people who want to buy it , blah blah"

Bill Cosby
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
They called me , STAY AWAY!!! Who makes there business by calling people in ANOTHER magazine/website... sad.

They said , "Hey i can sell your car in a week , i have people who want to buy it , blah blah"

HAHA thats the exact script they give you for greatcars and trucks, thats hilarious.. i remember thats exactly what my friend would say, ive got tonnes of people looking for "FORD TAURUSES" if you advertise with us i guarentee a sale or your $100 back!.. wack

teggypimp95
12-08-2005, 05:04 PM
so my gf 90 days is almost up and she has heard nothing, she printed off those money back garantee things off the great cars and trucks website. Is it going to be a proble to get her money back? any ideas?

Bill Cosby
12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
so my gf 90 days is almost up and she has heard nothing, she printed off those money back garantee things off the great cars and trucks website. Is it going to be a proble to get her money back? any ideas?

and in english please?
:english:

GTS Jeff
12-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
My gf tryed using them. She has had her 2 cars with them for over a month now and not a single call. She is about to file her rebate forms to get her 150 back. Its not a scam but they are absolutly usless. They sometimes call her to ask if she wants to sign up with them when she already is. They cant keep there shit together. Not worth the trouble dude.

(well lets hope she can get her money back ok)
:guns: Your gf is as dumb as you. Sorry.

Bushy
12-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks guys. i guess ill stick with the bargain finder, if they call me again ill tell them where to stick it. It sounded too good to be true.

xkon
12-09-2005, 03:32 AM
I've used them too, no calls!

Use the bargain finder... much more success.

BebeAphrodite
12-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Hmm.. then they called me the offer was different. They called me three times w/ the same offer. I think it was for $19.95 and it ran for 2 months (some long amount of time) but there was no refund and they said that they send these magazines to households but I've never seen it before.

happycowboy
02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes it was a scam and really good one. They got me too. I wish I read the hundreds of complaints on www.ripoffreport.com before I send them my 150 from my pention cheque. Btw I just run to the owner of great cars and trucks Craig Mcmorran at the new investor meeting for sweet water koocanusa. He is into new and more amazing scam now.

dexlargo
02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
It took 4 years to confirm the scam? You must have been deep undercover.

A790
02-15-2010, 10:33 AM
SCAM!

Redwagon
02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
What's with all the bumping of 5 and 6 year old threads lately? :rofl:

A790
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Redwagon
People are searching for information on Google, Yahoo, Bing... whatever... and are finding these threads. The date isn't always obvious.

Isaiah
02-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Redwagon
Those are the best bumps. Beats bumping a 1 year old "claw" thread.

SilverGS
10-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Crap I posted in the wrong thread :( I fail

Isaiah
10-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Nice timing for the bump though, stacks this one right above the other one on the front page :rofl:

ExtraSlow
10-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Solid bump.