PDA

View Full Version : Car starter/alarm help

Pee_Sack
12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
hey guys i need some help with my car starter.

since I have gotten my car it has been a bitch to me, when I first got it the alarm was super sensitive and would go off if a loud truck or car drove by. So I just stopped using the alarm and locked it manually.

When I used to park the car I would have to press the brake and wait for it to beep and the lights to flash 3 times and the interior lights would stay on and when i pulled the key out it would stay running till I opened and shut the door, so that I know it is engaged. As of this morning it will no longer engage. When I hit the brake a beeps a few times some lights flash but the interior lights wont stay on anymore, and when I take the key outta the ignition, my car just turns off.

I was wondering if this is something I can fix or if I should take it to a shop and get them to look at it?

EDIT: I should also add that my alarm/starter is an ultrastar ultra xr

'93 SR-V
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
It's probably a dumb question, but is in in valet mode?

Pee_Sack
12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
How do I check?

Strugari
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
http://www.ultrastarters.com/manuals.htm

You can download a manual for your starter/alarm.:thumbsup:

Mar
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
You should just be able to get the install shop to take a quick look at it. They should do it for you for free if they installed it.

Pee_Sack
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
it came with my car, when I bought it in Edmonton.

I dont know where it was installed, I don't know the previous owner(i bought from dealership) and I don't live in Edmongon.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

It's wierd because now it is working fine.

Does really cold weather ever do this kind of thing? It was around -20 to -30 the week that this happened and my car sat outside for 9 hours.

Mar
12-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
it came with my car, when I bought it in Edmonton.

I dont know where it was installed, I don't know the previous owner(i bought from dealership) and I don't live in Edmongon.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

It's wierd because now it is working fine.

Does really cold weather ever do this kind of thing? It was around -20 to -30 the week that this happened and my car sat outside for 9 hours.

That will definitely do it. It used to get so cold at my parents' place that my alarm would chirp every 5 God damn seconds all night long. Not sure what causes it, I just put up with it until I stopped being lazy and turned down the sensitivity. It would also go crazy when my dad was using the snowblower, it didn't like noise.