PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Rinks In Calgary?

chong_wallace
12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey does anybody know if there's a link for public skating/hockey rinks in calgary communities?

I've searched google, and calgary parks and rec and came up with a few. like Olympic plaza and bowness, but i'm sure there's quite a few more in calgary!

thanks,

bart
12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
i know there is one in riverbend and lakeview.

big_k
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
what area of the city do u want?

theken
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
i think almost every community has one, drive around until u see people playing hockey or skating

JAYMEZ
12-08-2005, 10:37 PM
There is one in Richmond right by Westhills.

cman
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
they are everywhere, at least one per community if not more.

SneakyNeek
12-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I really good rink is the one in the Hamptons NW

Chester
12-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Yep, hit up the hpt (Hamptons haha), we got a pretty good rink.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-08-2005, 11:02 PM
the one in citadel is usually good too

cman
12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
It's all about Tuscany.
Zamboni=the pwn.

nismodrifter
12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Millrise, Shawnessy, Canyon Meadows....tons of them.

darkbanana
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Nothing beats silver springs for hockey tho, the have boards and fence plus theres always people there

no_joke
12-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by theken
i think almost every community has one, drive around until u see people playing hockey or skating

This is the best idea. I can think of three rinks within 10 minutes drive of my place and I suspect it's no different elsewhere in Calgary.

Davetronz
12-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Yea I have 3 rinks within 10 minute drive of my place... I cant think of many communities that dont have one.
Since they are maintained by volunteers from the community some are going to be better ice/facilities and some are going to suck wang...

Ben
12-09-2005, 09:31 AM
McKenzie Lake is good. They also own a Zamboni with which they have the lake plowed so you can skate around it, a couple hockey rinks on the lake, they have a rink as well off the lake w/ a huge fire place, and then accross the street at the community center they have a rink w/ boards that the lake zamboni.

It's an outdoor skaters heaven out here.

l8braker
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
hey chong, if you're near the inner city, ramsay has an excellent rink up on top of the hill, it's covered and has boards. I used to go there every day last year to shoot around, nice view too. the only thing is crackheads and homeless use it as shelter from time to time, but they will get up and even cheer you on.:goflames:

Davetronz
12-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh hobos... Those guys are great...
Some drunken teenagers came to cheer us on at our last league game eh Vince... Hahahaha

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Oh hobos... Those guys are great...
Some drunken teenagers came to cheer us on at our last league game eh Vince... Hahahaha

haha ya, i was about to shoot the puck at them, fuck were they ever annoying

eb0i
12-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben
McKenzie Lake is good. They also own a Zamboni with which they have the lake plowed so you can skate around it, a couple hockey rinks on the lake, they have a rink as well off the lake w/ a huge fire place, and then accross the street at the community center they have a rink w/ boards that the lake zamboni.

This is not open to the public is it? Just to Lake McKenzie card holders right?

Foz
12-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Yeah, but it's only good if you're a residence of M. Lake or know someone that lives there that can get you in on the lake.

sexualbanana
12-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Signal Hill has a nice rink too. It's zamboni'd with a heated changing area.

Davetronz
12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

haha ya, i was about to shoot the puck at them, fuck were they ever annoying
Hahah they were funny... Drunken off of "slurpee"...

JAYMEZ
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Signal Hill has a nice rink too. It's zamboni'd with a heated changing area.

Yah thats the one i was thinking of , RIchmond hill , signal hill , same stuff

chong_wallace
12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
thanks guys, what about around coventry/panorama hills?
i know the panorama hills one has a skating rink, but you can't play hockey in it ,and it closes at 9pm which is sorta lame

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Are any of the outdoor rinks even open yet ?

cman
12-15-2005, 03:31 PM
They started flooding the rinks aruond my area, howeverwith the chinook coming this weekend they will be back to square one.
why cant the weather either be +20, or -20, i hate this in between shit.

Tha VZA
12-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Yah thats the one i was thinking of , RIchmond hill , signal hill , same stuff

that one is great CEPT for closing at like 930pm....so lame.....

personally just for skating i like the DT plaza rink, kinda rough ice sometimes, makes you learn better balance...and its lit and open until midnight...

ciao

B18C
12-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

that one is great CEPT for closing at like 930pm....so lame.....

personally just for skating i like the DT plaza rink, kinda rough ice sometimes, makes you learn better balance...and its lit and open until midnight...

ciao

I was watching the news and noticed that they had a live feed of the Plaza and people were skating around with hockey sticks passing. As far as I knew, hockey stickes weren't allowed on the ice there.

cman
12-19-2005, 12:29 AM
whew just got back from a good 4 hours of hockey, first time out this year.
fuck, yet again my stick breaks during the first time out of the year. wtf, maybe im just not mean to play or something. such a downer having to remove everything and go buy a new one.
great to get out again though!

Khyron
01-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Hrm I was looking for this too - I'm up behind COP and I haven't found a rink yet. Signal hill/Richmond hill is only about 10 mins away, where is it exactly? Behind Westhills or more up on the hill?
Anyone know if there's one in Coach hill or Strathcona?

Thx!

Khyron

cman
01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
There is a really good one in your are kind of, it is across sarcee tr.
pm yohan, he plays there a lot and can give you better directions.