PDA

View Full Version : 91-93 or 94& up Stealth

alpineguy
12-09-2005, 01:12 AM
I can't decide which one I want to buy any sugestions?

BerserkerCatSplat
12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
A newer 3000GT is the way to go!

lastprodigy
12-09-2005, 02:54 AM
As a rule of thumb I always say get the newest car you can afford.

Clanche
12-09-2005, 03:20 AM
i might be wrong but i heard the older ones were better? :dunno:

supposebly because they wanted to keep the price competitive they cheaped out on the suspension and a few other features too.. anyone have more info on this?

Deetz
12-09-2005, 04:25 AM
Newer is better and made more power. Many of the cars regardless of year had bigtime issues with the manual trannies though.

s3v3n
12-09-2005, 09:26 AM
lots of good and bad info so far

POWER: its the same car. 94+ made extra 20hp ... 5 minutes under the hood and 1st gens make the same. its just a little plug limiting boost on 1st gens. or just buy a mbc and gain an instant 40+hp.

DRIVETRAIN: 1st gens have crappy t-cases. as long as you dont launch at 7000rpm at every light and arent making 450+awhp you probably wont notice ... but bottom line is that 2nd gens have better t-cases tho.

2nd gens also have a 6spd vs 5spd. unless you plan on trapping pretty damn high tho, the 5 spd has better gearing for the 1/4.

SUSPENSION: its true that 1st gens have some more toys. they have all wheel steering etc.

keep in mind that many feel that the last yr of stealth was the best stealth or 3000gt ever made. it got rid of a lot of the toys and is the lightest of them all.

vr4s are heavier in every gen, but you didnt ask about them, so i wont talk about them :) ... i will say that 99s are damn sexy however

um, i also wrote all of this assuming we are talking about the awd rt/tt ... if you are thinking of going n/a, none of this matters hahah.
i feel the best n/a you can get is a 1st gen es model ... same hp (222) as the other r/t models, but lighter.

in terms of looks (maybe this is what you were asking all along, who knows), i personally love the 1st gen rt or rt/tt. love the character of the pop-ups and the skirts and door caps.
however, the 2nd gen kind of has a cleaner smoother look thats really nice too ... just seems a touch more boring (imo!).

lastly, 1st and 2nd gens came with different rims. some 2nd gen rt/tts have amazing 18" chrome 5 spoke rims... very nice, and i usually hate chrome. the 1st gens came with 5 spoke sorta twist rims (17s on rt/tt, 16s on the others) in either chrome or silver.

anyway, yeah, lots of different things to consider, haha. hopefully that wasnt too long and boring to read.

it would help if you stated what models you were considering tho.

s3v3n
12-09-2005, 09:31 AM
oh yeah, and if youre looking for an n/a ... get a 5spd. the atxs are dogs. oh and beware the sohc base model ... esp if with atx haha.
if you are looking at the rt/tt it only comes in 5spd/6spd so no need to worry.

Gonein60...ft.
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
only the 91 and 92 T-cases are weak.. 93 has the 25 spline output shaft and the forged crank....

The 94 is thought of by many to be the best year....

all the toys of the 1st gens, 6 sp, climate ctrl., blah blah blah

I ve had a 93 and now have a 95...love(d) em both

Fez_turbo
02-16-2006, 11:21 PM
how much you lookin to spend?

Stealth Nation
02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
it all depends on whats available and what ur willing to spend. I would only go for the TT setup on any of the years. As for the power difference, i drove both and its negligible. The four wheel steering tightens the corners dramatically. Just watch the repairs on any cuz the only thing dodge on these cars is the name on the back and the parts are damn expensive.