PDA

View Full Version : BMW Reintroduces SICKNESS to cars

darkus
12-09-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.zpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=244&stc=1&d=1134059676

http://www.zpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=252&stc=1&d=1134060787

This car looks freekin unreal, Im in love. And the best part is that the black one (the M-coupe) is gonna have the m3 engine with 343 hp.. damnit, i need one of these NOW!!!

check out this link for more pics of these things

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38

Mr. Burns
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
The black one gives me wood.

2000_SI
12-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Thats one hot ride...:drool:

skandalouz_08
12-09-2005, 12:16 PM
wow that looks sick, get me one too while you're at it

Kaos
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Thats one nice lookin "shoe" :drool:

Evo prec
12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
nice car, didnt really like the look of them back then when they first came out, but damn that new body style its fuckin awesome. nice find

phreezee
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
:barf:

jaysas_63
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
HAHAHHAHAHA:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....i actually laughed when i saw that car.....what an ugly mofo......bmw really went down the shitter, but its all good, because all that bmw lost mercedes gained (plus a little)

The Stig
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Very nice car, I agree it looks much better than the previous model.

http://twoday.net/static/iaablog/images/bmw%20z4%20coupe%20zwei.jpg

http://twoday.net/static/iaablog/images/bmw%20z4%20coupe%20eins.jpg

http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/9822422.jpg

robpark
12-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Sorry, but Mercedes recent line up of cars is crap... Chrysler built rubbish.

I may be biased but BMW is putting out far better vehicles at far better prices than Mercedes is. That Z4 coupe is hot.

:hitit:

Also a Z4 M Roadster coming out.....looks nice.

jumperman8
12-09-2005, 01:20 PM
this BMW is sick, i can not even say anything else, unreal car:thumbsup:

The Stig
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
It definitely has a lot more character than this at least.

http://images.autobytel.com/view/aic/MERCEDES-BENZ/SLK-CLASS/cvt/usa_2005_mercedes-benz_slk-class_cvt_2_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg

jaysas_63
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by robpark

I may be biased but BMW is putting out far better vehicles at far better prices than Mercedes is. That Z4 coupe is hot.

hahah, i would never call a benz, rebuilt chrysler rubish, if anything chrysler is benifiting from the superb mercedes german engineering......

honestly how can you even compare this car to an SLK, and when that MZ roadster comes out i'd like to see how it compares (i use the word compare VERY loosley) to an SLK 65 :rofl:

jaysas_63
12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by The Stig

http://images.autobytel.com/view/aic/MERCEDES-BENZ/SLK-CLASS/cvt/usa_2005_mercedes-benz_slk-class_cvt_2_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg
]
by character do you mean ugliness?.....i realize that the beauty of a car is in the eye of the beholder, but damn this Z4 is just plain old ugly, look at the front end, so droopy, and passive, its got no zest, and fire....but hey thats just my oppinion, and to each his own i guess:dunno:

robpark
12-09-2005, 01:47 PM
hahah, i would never call a benz, rebuilt chrysler rubish, if anything chrysler is benifiting from the superb mercedes german engineering......

Not REBUILT Chrysler rubbish, just Chrysler built rubbish.

Leaky superchargers, roofs that don't close properly, cheap interiors (watch Top Gear reviews of almost any recent Benz) and an SUV that is RIDDLED with problems....

The old Benzes are way better... Well, IMO.

honestly how can you even compare this car to an SLK, and when that MZ roadster comes out i'd like to see how it compares (i use the word compare VERY loosley) to an SLK 65

Well according to MB Canada, the SLK 65 does not exist.... However, the SLK 55 does and the comparison goes a little like this...

MB SLK 55- 355 hp, 376 Torque, 1540 Kg, 0-100km/h in 5.1 seconds, V8 Engine. Starts at $84 000.

BMW Z4 M Roadster- 343 Hp, 365 Torque, 1485 kg, 0-100km/h in 5.0 seconds, straight 6 engine....Price: TBA

SO I guess the Z4 wins.... :clap:

And if you meant the SL 65 AMG, well, that is in a completely different price range....

buh_buh
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I like the silver one better than the black one, but I still think the old M coupe is way nicer :drool:

Hakkola
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Since when did Chrysler build Mercedes?

I went to the unveiling of the Z4, thought it was ugly then, still think it's ugly now.

However this coupe does look alright in my eyes, I'd drive it, I still like the old M-Coupe better though.

Originally posted by The Stig

You took a base SLK and compared it to an M-Coupe, nice one. Not to mention silver on a white background.

khtm
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd still take the Cayman over that...

handsomebassman
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM

Its funny that ever since chrysler and merc have been together, chryslers quality and sales have both skyrocketed.

Calling it chrysler built rubbish is just ignorant.

BMW hasnt had "sickness" in their cars since the late 90's. I think the same design team that destroyed the camaro is now working for bmw, as their cars have never looked worse. The interiors are far more bland and boring than mercedes, and the cars are just not made as well IMO. Parents and friends of mine have both owned mercs and bmws, and all have found that their bmws were in the shop much more frequently, and are all mercedes owners now.

Hakkola
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM

Not REBUILT Chrysler rubbish, just Chrysler built rubbish.

Leaky superchargers, roofs that don't close properly, cheap interiors (watch Top Gear reviews of almost any recent Benz) and an SUV that is RIDDLED with problems....

The old Benzes are way better... Well, IMO.

Well according to MB Canada, the SLK 65 does not exist.... However, the SLK 55 does and the comparison goes a little like this...

MB SLK 55- 355 hp, 376 Torque, 1540 Kg, 0-100km/h in 5.1 seconds, V8 Engine. Starts at $84 000.

BMW Z4 M Roadster- 343 Hp, 365 Torque, 1485 kg, 0-100km/h in 5.0 seconds, straight 6 engine....Price: TBA

SO I guess the Z4 wins.... :clap:

And if you meant the SL 65 AMG, well, that is in a completely different price range....

He means the SLK63, and the z4 doesn't exist yet either. How does the z roadster win?

robpark
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, Chrysler is building a lot of the MBs for North America...

I mean, just look at the R class... it is a Pacifica in MB clothing.

That white one Hakkola has attached in his response looks a lot nicer than the silver grey one, but I would still take the Z4 overtop of the SLK. Easy.

He means the SLK63, and the z4 doesn't exist yet either. How does the z roadster win?

Hahahaha, it is .1 second faster and more fuel efficient. :nut:

Hakkola
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM

That white one Hakkola has attached in his response looks a lot nicer than the silver grey one, but I would still take the Z4 overtop of the SLK. Easy.

A lot of? That's one model, and the R CLass is built at a Mercedes Plant, not a Chrysler plant.

Toma
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM
FUGLY.

:barf:

Hakkola
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM

.1, from one magazine's test, I'm sure on the road the SLK will win 9 out of 10 times.

Reminds me of the M3 and the C32, m3 is supposed to have a quicker 0-60 but I've lost count of the number of races where stock vs stock, the C-class was faster.

cityhunter2501
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
ugly?
seems a little high for its body

robpark
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
YES, I'll admit it...I am a BMW fanatic.....

So you'll never win this argument with me!
I've had the same arguments with a friend who loves MBs and it always ends without resolve.

Don't worry Hakkola, I still think your Benz is awesome....Just not the new ones.

THough, I once saw this TV show that interviewed all the CEOs for the major car companies and the BMW CEO was awesome...

He put it nicely; "if you want to be driven, buy a Mercedes Benz, if you want to DRIVE, buy a BMW."

.1, from one magazine's test, I'm sure on the road the SLK will win 9 out of 10 times.

Actually I took the info off of BMW's and Mercedes' official websites.

rage2
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Depending on how BMW markets the Z4 M roadster, it'll be a very good competitor to the SLK 55. However, the SLK63 (~500hp) is coming.

Also, from what I read, the new Z4 M Coupe and Roadster motor is rated at 360hp, which WILL make it faster than the SLK55.

As for fuglyness, both the Z4 and the new SLK are ugly in it's own way. I'd like to get a Z4 M roadster w/SMG tranny, but I dunno if I could live with a soft top after having a hard top convertible for 6 years.

Oh, and the roof only has problems if the car's been in an accident ;).

rage2
12-09-2005, 02:12 PM
THough, I once saw this TV show that interviewed all the CEOs for the major car companies and the BMW CEO was awesome...

He put it nicely; "if you want to be driven, buy a Mercedes Benz, if you want to DRIVE, buy a BMW."
hehe, of course BMW CEO is going to be talking smack about competitors. Look at my old SLK's track performance from my old videos and you'll see that benz's can kick some ass in the performance category.

FatboyTheHungry
12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
OMG... I want one...

robpark
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
hehe, of course BMW CEO is going to be talking smack about competitors. Look at my old SLK's track performance from my old videos and you'll see that benz's can kick some ass in the performance category.

Yeah I know, I just loved how cocky and energetic he was... The MB CEO was this weird, keebler elf of an old guy...with little round glasses and a mustache.

Kint uf had ze mad zientist look about him.

Hakkola
12-09-2005, 02:20 PM
YES, I'll admit it...I am a BMW fanatic.....

So you'll never win this argument with me!
I've had the same arguments with a friend who loves MBs and it always ends without resolve.

Don't worry Hakkola, I still think your Benz is awesome....Just not the new ones.

Actually I took the info off of BMW's and Mercedes' official websites.

I used to agree with you, I used to be a huge BMW guy, I hated benz in the mid to late 90's, thought they were ugly old people cars, then the new BMW's started to come out and the New Benz's came out and I changed my mind.

IMO 80's-95 Mercedes = BMW
95-2001 or so BMW > Mercedes
2002-Current Mercedes > BMW

robpark
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
I used to agree with you, I used to be a huge BMW guy, I hated benz in the mid to late 90's, thought they were ugly old people cars, then the new BMW's started to come out and the New Benz's came out and I changed my mind.

Funny you should mention it... WHen I was first looking for a car, I was determined to get a 190E 2.3... Still like those today... But ever since the E36 came out I've been BMW through and through.... When I first saw the E90, I thought it had about as much class as a condemned school, it was an abomination! But over time it has grown on me.... I love the new 5 series (E60 M5!)... I think they got that one right, Jeremy Clarkson be damned!

jaysas_63
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

thanks for the correction, i would deff. agree with the majority of ppl on this thread, that BMW was the epitome of sexy german cars built for the yuppie, and the benz was typically thought of as an old mans car, but its AMAZING that this perception changed so fast within so little time.

i have lost an insane ammount of respect for bmw, the last great car that came out of a BMW assembely line was the E30 M3, after that there was a gradual decline to what we are seeing now (this monstrosity they call a roadster).

GorG
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow that really looks amazing looks so much more aggresive then the previous z4, i still loved that model, now i love it even more :P

Makaveli2k
12-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Gawd:eek: give me a trojan magnum and direct me to the exhaust pipe, Thats one sexy ride!

Goblin
12-09-2005, 11:31 PM

you said it dude, BMW rock. One of the only remaining company, if not the only, car company not owned by someone else.

crazydriver
12-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Not bad, i just don't like the super high trunk