PDA

View Full Version : Whats up at Hotwheels? Investigators...

Pages : [1] 2

Def_3
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I sent a coworker from the office there to look at a 01 civic today with his dad.

Walk up to the shop, sign says "closed until further notice"

We heard talking inside, called no answer

So we decided to start knocking, a man comes to the door conversation followed:

"you are here to look at a car?"
"yes"
"did you put a cash deposit?"
"no, not yet"
"good"
"why"
"this business is under investigation"
"what kind of investigation?"
"I cant release that information"

My buddies dad kept pounding the guy to get it out of him, but to no success

all he said was it is shut down, and being investigated!

WTF??? Anyone know whats up?

Hash_man
12-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Wierd... I must say though it did seem kinda like a shady operation when I went there just to check it out.

I'm curious to hear what happened though.

Speed_69
12-09-2005, 10:58 PM
i'm not surprised :dunno:

i've had suspicions about their business for a long time now

QuasarCav
12-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Might want to hold of on the rumours before some more information is released.

ryder_23
12-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Dont think anyone will be too surprised about this :rofl:

403Gemini
12-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Might want to hold of on the rumours before some more information is released.

cant be rumors if i have yet to hear ONE positive thing about their business.

but thats just my opinion

infected
12-10-2005, 01:32 AM
They've got a shaddy image, that's for sure, but lets not get carried away and start asuming things.

403Gemini
12-10-2005, 01:36 AM
ive never really been given an actually reason why they are shady though?

I want to hear from the people who went through them, did you guys have any problems?

I agree fully, rumors are garbage.

barbarian
12-10-2005, 02:15 AM
Try phoning them?

Hotwheels Automotive Group Inc.
911(d) 46th Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2G 2A5
Contact Info
Phone: 403.287.7330
Fax: 403.287.7339
Email: [email protected]
Showroom hours
Mon-Sat: 10am - 8pm (mountain time)
Sunday: closed
All major holidays, closed.

Also http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59291

A790
12-10-2005, 03:20 AM
I bought a 99 SiR from them... no problems at all.

I don't have anything bad to say about them.

Goblin
12-10-2005, 04:59 AM
I didnt know they were shady? weird.:eek:

2.4l
12-10-2005, 05:00 AM
hotwheels provides cars for allot of the younger 'tuner' crowd, where else are you gona find a kitted, riced car for that price? on beyond for double the price?
hopefully everything works out for them

gen2teggy
12-10-2005, 05:25 AM
haha

01RedDX
12-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Shit I guess they really were HOT wheels

Impreza
12-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

:D hahaha:rofl:

statick
12-10-2005, 09:02 AM
^too funny:rofl:

GQBalla
12-10-2005, 02:38 PM
hrmmm well i want to know

gp36912
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
nice nice

i myself do have complaints against them
my beemer was bought from them, the car had been wrecked before and fixed, he told me nothing had ever happened to it, and it supposedly had good winter tires on, the factory alarm, etc etc, alas almost nothing was true, sure it ran good, and the seat warmers worked, but almost everything else went wrong, first day out on the road a tire poped on me, on closer inspection they had put old tires on, and 2 of them were summers for that matter, so i had it towed right away to a shop i knew and had done business with(really great tire guys) and he hooked me up with some winters, ok all done, when we went to get the new tires on guess what, all 5 rims (including the spare) was bent badly out of shape, ok w/e i'll replace the worst one for now, costed me 250(they paid 250) now everything went alright for a month till the hub started to go, so i thought ok natural thing, i took it in had it replaced and while inspecting other parts of the car we checked out the body panels and found that it was hit before, and it was covered in thick layers of bondo... but it was running fine so i was like w/e then while putting the hub on we found out that the lower control arm bushings were loose, and had to be replaced, ok fine i did that, ran ok for 2 months, then the transmission started to go, took it to the bmw gallery and had them look at it, they mess it up even more and lead to me having to replace the transmission in july, i had tooken the car from them in january, they wouldn't give me the vin number, or let me have a test drive. the heater switch never worked properly at all, and after abit i hit a log and had all my winter rims replaced(like i said before all were bent, and now i had a little extra cash i went and replaced them) all good and done, and just a few days ago i got rear ended by an suv, and thats when i got actual proof that it was hit, where it had cracked on the rear quarter panel was all bondo, and a lot of it at that. the car was repaired but not properly, i really dunno what i can do about that... can someone give me some advice on it or something?

gp36912
12-10-2005, 02:47 PM
o and i had to get an alarm installed because he told me there was one already in it, i tried to activate the alarm and it didn't work, so i had to get one installed

FlySi
12-10-2005, 02:55 PM
file a complaint with AMVIC and have them investigate and give this shady fuck more reasons to worry.

Toms-SC
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Wheres all those Hot Wheel's sack riders now? :angel:

gp36912
12-10-2005, 03:02 PM
i wonder if i can sue them for consumer fraud and get the money for my car back plus damages and repairs i had to do on the car

gen2teggy
12-10-2005, 03:08 PM
hahaha hotwheels suck

Goblin
12-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

3G
12-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
nice nice

i myself do have complaints against them
my beemer was bought from them, the car had been wrecked before and fixed, he told me nothing had ever happened to it, and it supposedly had good winter tires on, the factory alarm, etc etc, alas almost nothing was true, sure it ran good, and the seat warmers worked, but almost everything else went wrong, first day out on the road a tire poped on me, on closer inspection they had put old tires on, and 2 of them were summers for that matter, so i had it towed right away to a shop i knew and had done business with(really great tire guys) and he hooked me up with some winters, ok all done, when we went to get the new tires on guess what, all 5 rims (including the spare) was bent badly out of shape, ok w/e i'll replace the worst one for now, costed me 250(they paid 250) now everything went alright for a month till the hub started to go, so i thought ok natural thing, i took it in had it replaced and while inspecting other parts of the car we checked out the body panels and found that it was hit before, and it was covered in thick layers of bondo... but it was running fine so i was like w/e then while putting the hub on we found out that the lower control arm bushings were loose, and had to be replaced, ok fine i did that, ran ok for 2 months, then the transmission started to go, took it to the bmw gallery and had them look at it, they mess it up even more and lead to me having to replace the transmission in july, i had tooken the car from them in january, they wouldn't give me the vin number, or let me have a test drive. the heater switch never worked properly at all, and after abit i hit a log and had all my winter rims replaced(like i said before all were bent, and now i had a little extra cash i went and replaced them) all good and done, and just a few days ago i got rear ended by an suv, and thats when i got actual proof that it was hit, where it had cracked on the rear quarter panel was all bondo, and a lot of it at that. the car was repaired but not properly, i really dunno what i can do about that... can someone give me some advice on it or something?

is the car written off?

civicluva
12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
When you say "shady" business what do you mean? Like they rip people off or what?

GQBalla
12-10-2005, 06:45 PM
well, how do you think they can unload cars for sucha lower price than a lot of places?

you should have throughly inspected the car before buyin it though...

i see this prelude bought from hot wheels and the front fender was replaced and painted a different black before, thats when i noticed how cheap the prelude was

apples
12-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
file a complaint with AMVIC and have them investigate and give this shady fuck more reasons to worry.

:werd: X10
AMVIC deals specifically with cases like this

http://www.amvic.org/complaint_form.htm

gp36912
12-10-2005, 10:46 PM
sweet tnx for the link, but i couldn't do my research they wouldn't release the vin to me, and they wouldn't let me test drive it, well at least the boss was going to, cept he went off somewhere else for a vacation or something, and the stupid other guy didn't let me do it until they had the money in their hands, i'm not sure if its written off yet but the bodyshop guy has pictures of the car, hes got proof its been fixed before and poorly at that.

Clanche
12-11-2005, 12:09 AM
sweet tnx for the link, but i couldn't do my research they wouldn't release the vin to me, and they wouldn't let me test drive it, well at least the boss was going to, cept he went off somewhere else for a vacation or something, and the stupid other guy didn't let me do it until they had the money in their hands, i'm not sure if its written off yet but the bodyshop guy has pictures of the car, hes got proof its been fixed before and poorly at that.

you might be able to bring them to small claims (or more) court if they lied to you about the car's previous record knowingly.. you would have to prove that they knew about the previous accidents somehow though.. believe it would fall under fall advertising or fraud

shit like this makes me so mad :banghead: well if the rumors are true atleast they'll get whats coming in ass-raping jail :whipped:

gp36912
12-11-2005, 12:21 AM
well if they didn't know about the accident fine, but still telling me everythings good with the car when they shoulda checked it out on a lift or something, the heater didn't work, the tranny was dieing, and the tranny was almost dry, they said the alarm worked, and when i got the car the alarm did not work, and i had to buy one.

eb0i
12-11-2005, 12:46 AM

after all that you still bought the car from them ?? :guns: :banghead:

gp36912
12-11-2005, 12:49 AM
see the thing about it was i never thought much of it because they were a dealership type shop, so i was like w/e but i can problably sue them for money

euro_racer
12-11-2005, 12:57 AM
interesting......that skyline they have for sale, is that the same shitty one that was for sale at "fastlane" a while ago?

MarX
12-11-2005, 02:38 AM
they wouldn't release the vin to me, and they wouldn't let me test drive it,
Should have walked away right there man if a seller will not release the VIN to you then they're obviously hiding something. Next time when you go to buy a new car(as yours is most likely totalled) get the VIN and get a vehicle history report from the licence bureau before you buy it. I learned the hard way and got one after the car was purchased and found out it had 12 previous owners and a lien against it. :(

/////AMG
12-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Dont think anyone will be too surprised about this :rofl:

:werd: Theres been a few threads about the....

tapout
12-11-2005, 03:21 AM
well shaddy or not that whole industry is messed all dealerships same shit another pile. but remember guys they are paid sponsors & they do help beyond :dunno:

Raz2
12-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
interesting......that skyline they have for sale, is that the same shitty one that was for sale at "fastlane" a while ago?

oh man, don't get me started on fastlane :)

- Rasmus

jaysas_63
12-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by tapout
well shaddy or not that whole industry is messed all dealerships same shit another pile. but remember guys they are paid sponsors & they do help beyond :dunno:

i don't think helping out beyond justifies this in any way, or even warrents us to be more forgiving.

and they aren't exactly donating money to the beyond cause, they are paying for advertisment, and most likely have sold quite a few cars becuase of the beyond visitors.

but i do agree that most (99.9%) dealerships are the same shit

A790
12-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer

Different front end.

darkbanana
12-11-2005, 04:17 PM
they could have swapped it, after all the front end of the fastlane one was damaged + kms are similar if I remeber correctly

7thgenvic
12-11-2005, 04:20 PM
BOOOO ya! thats karma baby

i had my issues with those guys! such a horrible sponcer to the site! not only that, im curious where those guys made it this far! GREAT business men! real fricken great! they haven't ever replied to peoples complaints on beyond! i hope they are outta business.

Z24_3.1.
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
i was gunna buy a car off them this spring good thing i wanted to wait hah

jumperman8
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
it was only time before this place got in shit like this, lolll:rofl:

GQBalla
12-11-2005, 05:25 PM
wonder whats happening though?

FatboyTheHungry
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I went to look at some vehicles at Hotwheels a few months ago. Found that the sales guy contradicted every other thing he told me about a car I was looking at, so I got outta there in a hurry. Bogus used car salesmen... :thumbsdow

shakalaka
12-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Remember that really fancy ecplise they had for sale for like $24,000? With lambo doors and all those lightining outside. The person who bought it, couldnt even make it home and it broke down on the way and had to be towed. Had some other cars engine in it.

90s_tuner
12-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Remember that really fancy ecplise they had for sale for like $24,000? With lambo doors and all those lightining outside. The person who bought it, couldnt even make it home and it broke down on the way and had to be towed. Had some other cars engine in it.

that car was apparently a write off

RSX.04
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Yup, my buddy bought that Eclipse. Had to get it towed to Okotoks because it broke down on the way home. Car had quite the accident history that he was never told about when he bought it.

lastprodigy
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Its about fucking time, cant believe that sahdy asshole is still a sponsor on here, and its a hell of a lot worse than a lot of other used car dealership...sick of people trying to defend them.

Drsuce
12-11-2005, 09:34 PM
i'd assume they buy these cars from car auctions (hense the quality issues and cheap price). remember boys and girls, you get what you pay for :)

Clanche
12-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Drsuce
i'd assume they buy these cars from car auctions (hense the quality issues and cheap price). remember boys and girls, you get what you pay for :)

i'm sure the guy that paid $24,000 for an eclispe wasnt trying to find a deal and didnt deserve what he got

gp36912
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
ya my car was only a little better

mr.loco
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
woaa i was just gonna buy the white prelude for my brother this week but before i will get a carfax report and a full inspection 6999.99 pretty cheap for a prelude with rims and lip kit very beautiful but now i have second thoughts.
i do know this one chick here in lethbtridge that bought a 95 talon with rims and front bumber she loved it but then a few weeks later her mechanic told her the frame was all rusted and dangerous, she tried getting her money back but they wouldnt so she contacted people and she told me they were under investigation but i didnt belive her i was like yeah ok. but i guess she was telling the truth

AllGoNoShow
12-11-2005, 11:24 PM
my question is, why are all these people buying cheap cars and not getting them inspected first, or atleast doing a good look over?

Sure dealerships and lots should tell u whats wrong but we all know they are in the business of selling, not custom service. You would be stupid to buy a car thta 6 grand less then what it is here without getting it inspected first!

rc2002
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Why hasn't anyone from Hotwheels chimed in yet? This would be a perfect time to start clearing up any rumors and misconceptions that people have about them. The silence is almost convicting in itself.

retro-steve
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
heard a long time ago that they were buying salvage title cars from the states and bringing them to canadian spec...didn't believe it at first but my friend went to buy a civic but when he was looking it over he got the VIN and did a CARFAX. car was completely written off before.

Clanche
12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Why hasn't anyone from Hotwheels chimed in yet? This would be a perfect time to start clearing up any rumors and misconceptions that people have about them. The silence is almost convicting in itself.

yup :guns:

gp36912
12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
well i hope i can get some money back from them

eb0i
12-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
my question is, why are all these people buying cheap cars and not getting them inspected first, or atleast doing a good look over?

Because "There's a sucker born every minute".

Ex. gp36912 bought his car even after they didn't let him look at the VIN or test drive it!

ricefarmer
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
buddy of mine bought a prelude off them, paid market price and even bought there warranty, couple weeks later timing belt went and it threw a rod, not to mention the head, the thing didnt even have oil in it apparently. when he went to call the warranty it took months to get any money out of them and he only got a portion, as well he didnt even get a professional job done on the new engine.:dunno:

90s_tuner
12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
yea danny@hotwheels should at least reply to this thread to clear things up. Too badd... there is nothing to clear up!

ricefarmer
12-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Unless Def_3 is blatantly lying about his story then you'd better believe theres something to clear up, even if it is some kind of misunderstanding

afrotl
12-12-2005, 12:05 AM
here is a good Canadian site just like Carfax..

https://www.carproof.ca/default.asp

7thgenvic
12-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

they never responded to my thread! hummmmm guilty! probably

mr.loco
12-12-2005, 01:37 AM
well he responded to me a few days ago to call him at work so im geussings tomorrow when he checks his emails ans views this thread he will respond:dunno:

kerry
12-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Hahahahahaha

It's about time.

My friend bought a car off of them, and they said they'd inspect it.
Well............ we got the inspection report back.
The car was an mx-3. 5 speed. "jdm" engine.

Not only did the inspection come up clean, but it said that the
"shift points" in the "automatic tranny" were fine.

When we took the car, it needed new front signal lights, which
were apparently okay from inspection, the horn didn't work, which
was also okay'd by inspection and suddenly the 5 speed was
deemed an automatic from inspection.

Just goes to show you.

His car, luckily was fine when we got a REAL inspection.

If hotwheels comes back, be careful in what you buy.

Raz2
12-12-2005, 03:40 AM
my god... good thing I never deal with auto dealers, ever.

- Rasmus

TurboMedic
12-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by B16EM1
Hahahahahaha

It's about time.

My friend bought a car off of them, and they said they'd inspect it.
Well............ we got the inspection report back.
The car was an mx-3. 5 speed. "jdm" engine.

Not only did the inspection come up clean, but it said that the
"shift points" in the "automatic tranny" were fine.

When we took the car, it needed new front signal lights, which
were apparently okay from inspection, the horn didn't work, which
was also okay'd by inspection and suddenly the 5 speed was
deemed an automatic from inspection.

Just goes to show you.

His car, luckily was fine when we got a REAL inspection.

If hotwheels comes back, be careful in what you buy.

You mean to tell me that nobody checked the blinker fluid and muffler bearings??? Wow, thats a bad inspection!

Originally posted by RiceFarmerbuddy of mine bought a prelude off them, paid market price and even bought there warranty, couple weeks later timing belt went and it threw a rod, not to mention the head, the thing didnt even have oil in it apparently. when he went to call the warranty it took months to get any money out of them and he only got a portion, as well he didnt even get a professional job done on the new engine.

Soooo.............who should have checked the oil?

Not to slam anyone who was stuck with a POS from these guys, but seriously do your homework when you buy a car!!! If everyone who purchased a car from them would have taken the proper steps to ensure they were not buying a lemon or a write off, these guys would have been out of business a long time ago due to lack of sales! Now instead a bunch of people were duped into purchasing cars they shouldn't have spent a cent on in the first place, and these guys are supposedly under investigation.....I'm not defending them, but truly, for what? Stupid buyers? Sure they may have been shady, but thats car sales....Its always been "let the buyer beware", never trust a salesman....Yes these guys need to be shut down if what everyone here is saying is infact true, but whoever bought a car from them is partly responsible.

heavyD
12-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
Not to slam anyone who was stuck with a POS from these guys, but seriously do your homework when you buy a car!!! If everyone who purchased a car from them would have taken the proper steps to ensure they were not buying a lemon or a write off, these guys would have been out of business a long time ago due to lack of sales! Now instead a bunch of people were duped into purchasing cars they shouldn't have spent a cent on in the first place, and these guys are supposedly under investigation.....I'm not defending them, but truly, for what? Stupid buyers? Sure they may have been shady, but thats car sales....Its always been "let the buyer beware", never trust a salesman....Yes these guys need to be shut down if what everyone here is saying is infact true, but whoever bought a car from them is partly responsible.

I agree. Not making any excuses for hotwheels but come on people. It's your responsibility also to ensure that you are getting what you pay for. If anything with the car doesn't seem right or the price is maybe too good chances are that there will be problems in the future. There's a POS on every used car lot and its your responsibility to ensure that you don't end up with it.

AndrewMZ3
12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
This is why I'm kinda glad I bought new. Everyone always criticizes my decision due to the massive depreciation on the vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot, but for the piece of mind, I'm willing to lose a little cash.

I remember seeing a special on TV a while ago going over all the BS that a bunch of used car dealers do.

kerry
12-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Hahahahahaha..

It was quite funny.
We were there with the guys and said "ummm so the inspection
is all good but the horn doesnt work, the signal lights don't work,
and it's not an auto." He just said, "you got 1000 off the car, what
do you expect?"

So we just got a real inspection done hahahaha

Go4Long
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3
This is why I'm kinda glad I bought new. Everyone always criticizes my decision due to the massive depreciation on the vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot, but for the piece of mind, I'm willing to lose a little cash.

I remember seeing a special on TV a while ago going over all the BS that a bunch of used car dealers do.

buying new doesn't mean the car wasn't bagged out before ya bought it....sure it was only bagged on for 50km, but lot attendants don't give a crap, driving around the lot at 50km in first gear, whatever gets the cars parked faster :nut: the only way to really guarentee you are getting a car that has been treated nice is if ya watched the entire process including the PDI drive and detailing.

AndrewMZ3
12-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long

buying new doesn't mean the car wasn't bagged out before ya bought it....sure it was only bagged on for 50km, but lot attendants don't give a crap, driving around the lot at 50km in first gear, whatever gets the cars parked faster :nut: the only way to really guarentee you are getting a car that has been treated nice is if ya watched the entire process including the PDI drive and detailing.

True enough. But it's usually less than 20-30kms in which they could have done this. You'll know it wasn't in an accident, didn't have parts swapped out with inferior parts, and you always have the warranty anyways.

Go4Long
12-12-2005, 03:58 PM
not true on the accident issue either...
two of the first escalade EXT's in calgary were ran into each other during shipping it was kinda funny...and one time I didn't quite get a cavalier all the way into gear when I parked it and it roller forward into the sales managers demo(pretty hard too:P)

AndrewMZ3
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
not true on the accident issue either...
two of the first escalade EXT's in calgary were ran into each other during shipping it was kinda funny...and one time I didn't quite get a cavalier all the way into gear when I parked it and it roller forward into the sales managers demo(pretty hard too:P)

Well I guess there's risk associated new or used, but I'm sure you'd agree there are far less risks associated with buying new.

Go4Long
12-12-2005, 04:04 PM
:werd: I agree...trust me

fachie
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Ok, so I was out for lunch and my buddy’s like "oh hotwheels is getting bashed on beyond again".... what’s new I said. So I would like to clear up a few things... the company is in fact under investigation, but not because of any of the things you have mentioned. Hotwheels has 2 partners and they are having a cooperate dispute that has turned ugly and has resulted in a shut down until the investigators can figure out what each partner is entitled to.

As for the few cars that have had problems out of over 250 cars sold at hotwheels... we send EVERY car into a full inspection and we do VIR reports on ALL cars. Now not all of you know this industry but for the ones that do I think you can agree that its hard to find loyal people in the industry, we have been through over 4 different mechanics because they get lazy and don’t do the quality jobs they used to and then this kinda thing happens (someone’s car breaks down cause our mechanic messed up. But we take the blame).

PLEASE NOTE: the sales people at hotwheels are not mechanics and do not personally perform any inspections. We rely on the mechanic to do his job.

And as for the one who claims that we would not let him look at the VIN... :rofl: C’mon are you kidding??? that’s ridiculous! how did you buy the car? we put the VINs on the bill of sale, also all cars are open for the public to view and so are the VINs. and if this was true why would you purchase a car from someone who refused to let you look at the vin? That’s outrageous!

I am not going to reply to this as I know that that’s the worst thing to do in this situation.

Yes we have had a small amount of problems at hotwheels in the past with some cars that are not in perfect condition... AS EVERY DEALERSHIP DOES. But we do what we can to fix the problem.

The best and worst marketing is “word of mouth“, but... most people who have a good experience will tell only 1 person for every 5 they tell about a bad experience, and theirs always 2 sides to every story...

AllGoNoShow
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
If there is 2 sides to every story, why do you choose to be passive on showing your side of the story on the forum you advertise on?

There is 35,000 people on here, one bad experience gets read be hundreds sometimes thousands of people, members and non-members. If your paying for advertising on a site which brings you possibly so much business or turns so much business away, why don't you stickup for your company a little more?

Not trying to massively attack you but this thread has been up for days, so have other threads that have gone on thsi site without any sort of response from you guys at Hotwheels, not very good customer service people see when you don't reply or get information right on the cars and no one replys to public threads online.

gp36912
12-12-2005, 05:34 PM
first of all yes i asked for the vin number and justin didn't tell me, i had to pay a deposit on the car before any information was released, and secondly justin was doing the sales, and secondly he promised he'd let me take it out to my mechanic for a inspection, and when i returned to do that later on u told me i couldn't take the car out until you get the money, and thirdly, the inspection that came with the car was almost completely bullshit, the car was damaged before, problably frame and then repaired badly, and i wasn't even informed of that, justin just said o it was a buyback on a lease, damnit there was bondo in a ton of places and not just a little, some places had a cm or so on it

3g4me
12-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Sounds pretty shady to me. I personally wouldnt buy any car that has been riced up, because in most cases these little rice mobiles have been bagged on like no tomorrow.

teggypimp95
12-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Sounds pretty shady to me. I personally wouldnt buy any car that has been riced up, because in most cases these little rice mobiles have been bagged on like no tomorrow.

:werd:

And i would never even think twice about a car with no test pilots

teggypimp95
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
my gf was thinking about buying a civic from them, and the price was soo much lower then every where eles, and i knew it just dident feel right. so glad i talked her out of it.

toyboy88
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

GOLD! :rofl: :rofl:

TurboMedic
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by danny@hotwheels

I am not going to reply to this as I know that that’s the worst thing to do in this situation.

umm, isn't that what you just did? :rofl:

Anyhow, are you a "partner" in the joint? Are you an owner?? If not, I'd get the fuck outta there now before you have to live with "hotwheels" stigma at every job you apply for (I don't know what kind of jobs car salesmen apply for)

tictactoe2004
12-12-2005, 06:06 PM
first of all yes i asked for the vin number and justin didn't tell me, i had to pay a deposit on the car before any information was released, and secondly justin was doing the sales, and secondly he promised he'd let me take it out to my mechanic for a inspection, and when i returned to do that later on u told me i couldn't take the car out until you get the money, and thirdly, the inspection that came with the car was almost completely bullshit, the car was damaged before, problably frame and then repaired badly, and i wasn't even informed of that, justin just said o it was a buyback on a lease, damnit there was bondo in a ton of places and not just a little, some places had a cm or so on it

holy shit man, whats up with all your fucked up stories? I think you failed life. WTF do you mean they wouldnt release a VIN #? It's on the fucking dash of every car, it doesnt need to be released to you just as roads dont need to be "defrosted". On top of it after all that they wouldnt let you test drive it either? So what did you do? You bought it? man... you really did fail life.

Raz2
12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
:drama:

jumperman8
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Hotwheels is shaddy, it will get busted for its shaddy shit now that this has come out, im sure one of the hundred cops that are apart of this site will now want to look into it more closely.

I thought it was shaddy from day one, i mean, where do you get money to import or buy all these cars and then sell them for nothing. Doesnt make sence.

Goblin
12-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

holy shit man, whats up with all your fucked up stories? I think you failed life. WTF do you mean they wouldnt release a VIN #? It's on the fucking dash of every car, it doesnt need to be released to you just as roads dont need to be "defrosted". On top of it after all that they wouldnt let you test drive it either? So what did you do? You bought it? man... you really did fail life.

LOL. Moreover, on e46 the vin stamped on every panel on the entire f-ing car.

You can't drive and you have no common sense whatsoever.

stop talking out of your ass.

As for this thread and hotwheels, on e46fanatics.com, when a vendor is bashed, I garuntee someone is there within 12 hours to clear stuff up.

Shame on bad business practices. No exuses. Mechanics are bad? check references. lol

Bill Cosby
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
Hotwheels is shaddy, it will get busted for its shaddy shit now that this has come out, im sure one of the hundred cops that are apart of this site will now want to look into it more closely.

I thought it was shaddy from day one, i mean, where do you get money to import or buy all these cars and then sell them for nothing. Doesnt make sence.

i agree they are very shaddy, but please clarify what shaddy is.. thanks

digi
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
i bought an 01 bimmer from the guys. I never saw the car before purchased, because I brought it in from out east. I told them I was interested and they came back with a list of available bimmers across canada for me to choose from. From there I made my decision and was able to track my car while it was on rail.

I never had any problems and actually had quite a great car...I brought it to a friend mechanic and he told me it was in near to new shape and i ended up selling it for the price i purchased it at.

Everyone can hate on them all they want, I would too if I had a bad experience with them, all I know is that they bent over backwards for me, so I back them up.

Good luck danny and justin, hope to see u guys up and running again again :thumbsup:

TEAMFaint
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by digi
Good luck danny and justin, hope to see u guys up and running again again :thumbsup:

I dont. :drama:

Any true dealership would be happy to refund or help out a customer if a car broke down on the drive home after being purchased.

Hot wheels are leading the way!:bigpimp:

Toms-SC
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
These people need to be removed as site sponsers

lastprodigy
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
^ Very true....

Also, to all the people coming here and wasting your time bitching in this thread, dont...go file an AMVIC report!!

403Gemini
12-13-2005, 12:54 AM
yikes, what makes me even more upset after reading all these stories is also seeing their add inbetween load times at canadatrader.com

kerry
12-13-2005, 12:57 AM
YOU GUYS openly admitted to my friend and I that your inspection
was BULLSHIT after the car was paid for.

Enough said.

Just stop guys. Seriously.
The only upside to his purchase, was his car was actually working.

I know you both did a course in retail or sales correct?
Look into business ethics next.

kenny
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
This is exactly why companies do not "defend" themselves on a public forum. Most of the posters are posting stuff they have heard or even just read. I have a tip for most of the people here reading this thread. Do not assume every post is fact. Go figure it out on your own. If you want a good example, just go read hondatech. People post shit that they read just to sound like they know wtf they are talking about but 99% of the time it just isn't true but everyone believes it.

If you believe someone actually bought a car and wasn't allowed to see the VIN then that should tell you something, make your own judgements.

PS: If you think the cars at ANY dealer is actually inspected, then you are a sucker. :)

7thgenvic
12-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by danny@hotwheels

PLEASE NOTE: the sales people at hotwheels are not mechanics and do not personally perform any inspections. We rely on the mechanic to do his job.

Yes we have had a small amount of problems at hotwheels in the past with some cars that are not in perfect condition... AS EVERY DEALERSHIP DOES. But we do what we can to fix the problem.

The best and worst marketing is “word of mouth“, but... most people who have a good experience will tell only 1 person for every 5 they tell about a bad experience, and theirs always 2 sides to every story...

ya you guys are awesome are clearing up problems! i know you guys read my thread, and if not i'll send you the link.

I love the bullshit that comes outta your guys mouths. Learn some fucking business ethics, I love to rant about your business because i almost got conned into buying a bunk Type R off you boys. Glad i didn't buy a Type R off you, when you wouldn't even let me take the car else where without dropping a $1000 deposit.

I don't think such a shaddy business should be allowed to sponsor our site, when they have such a terrible reputation.

Its just a matter of time before you guys are closed for business.

PEACE

gen2teggy
12-13-2005, 02:22 AM
hahah :thumbsup:

Go4Long
12-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

Glad i didn't buy a Type R off you, when you wouldn't even let me take the car else where without dropping a $1000 deposit.

how old are you? did you show up wearing sweat pants and a hoody? I hate to break it to you there chief, but that's standard practice in auto dealerships, especially used car dealerships that don't have the available finances of a big new car dealership. You are basically saying you're upset because they wouldn't hand you the keys to a $20k automobile based on your word that you're not going to drive it around the corner to a shop, tear it apart, sell the pieces to beyond members, and give a big who gives a fuck to the dealership?:drama:

Acording to AMVIC however, deposits are to be refundable if the conditions of the agreement are not met. so if you make a $1000 deposit to purchase the car subject to a pass on a mechanical inspection at a facility of your choosing, and your inspection turns up that the car is in fact about to break in half, you get your deposit back. if they told you the deposit was non refundable on the other hand...that is shady.