PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme?

Pages : [1] 2

3G
12-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Went there tonight and they had a note on the window saying they're closed due to unforeseen circumstances or something, anybody know why and for how long?

Pihsiak
12-11-2005, 01:48 AM
yah because Canadians are not fat like Americans

HoisinSauce
12-11-2005, 02:18 AM
hehehe
i still remember when it first open
12 am... HUGE LINE UP

tapout
12-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
yah because Canadians are not fat like Americans :rofl: :rofl:

GQBalla
12-11-2005, 02:48 PM
hrmm so maybe this is why superstore doesn't bring them in no mores....

dj_rice
12-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Awhile back, I dunno if I remember correctly but I heard Krispy Kreme was losing profit/sales and might close up shop in the States

DC2
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
i heard that too

Foz
12-11-2005, 03:23 PM
They've closed up some locations for Krispy Kreme in Canada. Apparently, it wasn't doing so hot.

Calgary's location was still open, but I guess now they're shutting down.
:dunno:

civic_stylez
12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
in other words, dont fuck with tim hortons....:D

nismodrifter
12-11-2005, 03:54 PM
SHAT!!! I wanted some when I come back for holidays, damn.

Tim Hortons does own though. 1 or 2 Krispy Kremes is like MAXIMUM amount I can eat then its just disgusting..but damn those 2 donuts are :drool:

snowboard
12-11-2005, 04:00 PM
i worked in sunridge when they first came, so they gave us free boxxes, i had like 3 boxxes in 2 days to myself. that was bad.

and last year when i was in vegas there was one in my hotel, ate 7 for breakfast one morning :barf:

heinz256
12-11-2005, 05:31 PM
damn i've never even had a donut from there before...

HoisinSauce
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
damn i've never even had a donut from there before...

you're not missing out
just take a normal donut and add alot of sugar into it then bake it till it's really soft

shakalaka
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I am not a donut person. Dont give a damn if they close. Back in grade 10 worked at Tim Hortons for a month, and prolly had half a donut in that much time. Threw rest of the half. lol

Pihsiak
12-11-2005, 07:24 PM
and that's why Fat Burger decided not to open a franchise here in Canada

Goblin
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
lol, you guys are ALL wrong.

They closed due to a water boiler "explosion", apparently water is all over the store. A new boiler is quite expensive and a "Speical" order item. Maybe a month ish, who knows.

I know this because I talk to the drivers.

:nut:

Krispy Kreme is closing stores in the states, only a few in Canada. They are different companies, KK USA, and KK canada. :devil:

3G
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

They closed due to a water boiler "explosion", apparently water is all over the store. A new boiler is quite expensive and a "Speical" order item. Maybe a month ish, who knows.

Krispy Kreme is closing stores in the states, only a few in Canada. They are different companies, KK USA, and KK canada. :devil:

thanks for the info :D

Police
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
OMG i can't believe i actually lined up for KK donuts when they first open.:eek:

honesly the most i can eat is 4 anything after that :barf:

JAYMEZ
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I havnt had a Krispy Kream since they opened , but they are pretty good to have on occasions , its a good sugar high :D

GreyFox
12-12-2005, 06:50 PM

You are wrong.
I am a member of the management team there, and no there was not an explosion. Please check the credibility of your source before posting to the public like this.

Our hot water tank is broke. We have no water water, and therefore it would be unsanitary to operate without hot water. So we are shut down until we get a brand new hot water tank...which Goblin was partially correct, is very expensive and doesn't just arrive the next day.

We were scheduled to open back up this morning.

As for the stores closing etc.... they are done closing stores in Canada. They closed like 6 or 7 but they were all in Ontario and 1 in Quebec I believe. I can't see the calgary KK going anywhere anytime soon.

Also, if anyone is looking for a job we have opening all over the store, ranging from $8-$14 to start. Give me a PM if you're interested and I'll put your resume/application on the top of the pile :thumbsup:

nambis
12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by GreyFox
Also, if anyone is looking for a job we have opening all over the store, ranging from $8-$14 to start. Give me a PM if you're interested and I'll put your resume/application on the top of the pile :thumbsup:

LMFAO... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sign me up mr. manager

must've lost a few employees in the explosion?

nambis
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am not a donut person. Dont give a damn if they close. Back in grade 10 worked at Tim Hortons for a month, and prolly had half a donut in that much time. Threw rest of the half. lol

Yea, i'm not much of a donut person either, but then again I was born/raised in USA and donuts seem to be more of a canadian thing...

in strange brew, rick moranis gives the secretary a donut so she will tell him all the company secrets..

also, people here go crazy for tim hortons. never saw anything like that in the states. we have dunkin' donuts there but only cops hang out there.

Not saying donuts or canada are bad (i love canada!), just pointing out the obvious. any thoughts?

FiveFreshFish
12-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Do you guys still give out free donuts to those waiting in line in the store? :D

izzoblitzo
12-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I actually prefer the Krispy Kreme ogirinal donut over any donut at Tim's anyday. It's the only donut I know that doesnt turn rock hard after a day of sitting on the kitchen island...

I just like the uber softness of the donut... sometimes the tim horton donut tastes dry.. or grainy.

The only donut I really prefer at Tim's is the French Curl or whatever. :burnout:

GreyFox
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by nambis

sign me up mr. manager

Yea, it was a real bad one :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Do you guys still give out free donuts to those waiting in line in the store? :D

We sure do...whenever the hotlight is on.

Hakkola
12-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I can't believe people still like Tim Hortons, their doughnuts suck now, they don't even make them in store anymore.

The doughnuts are frozen then shipped to stores for frying, and they don't taste like anything anymore. :thumbsdow

Sharpie
12-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by nambis

sign me up mr. manager

:rofl:

I find krispy kreme donut's to be to sweet while tim horton's are just sick, sobeys aren't bad.:dunno:

Godfuader
12-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Also, if anyone is looking for a job we have opening all over the store, ranging from $8-$14 to start.

What position at KK pays $14/hr to start?

side note: this thread has me craving KK original donuts:drool:

heavyD
12-12-2005, 07:55 PM

We may not be as fat as Americans but we still are a fat nation.:rolleyes:

GreyFox
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

What position at KK pays $14/hr to start?

Drivers. There are 3 routes that go over night and 2 that start at about 5am. Starting at $14 with long shifts too, so I guess if you don't go to school then it's a pretty good option, otherwise might not be the best idea...

QuasarCav
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
The only time I went in the place they handed me a donut in the line. WTF?? I wanted to order a donut, time to go...

Hakkola
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:rofl:

I find krispy kreme donut's to be to sweet while tim horton's are just sick, sobeys aren't bad.:dunno:

you don't want to eat sobeys doughnuts, you should see how rarely the deep fryer gets cleaned.

I worked there a couple years ago, stopped eating doughnuts for half a year.

tictactoe2004
12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I can't believe people still like Tim Hortons, their doughnuts suck now, they don't even make them in store anymore.

The doughnuts are frozen then shipped to stores for frying, and they don't taste like anything anymore. :thumbsdow

:werd: Tims doughnuts suck compared to KK, The only other place I like them from is Safeway, lol, since I live in the DEEP SE KK is too far to drive most of the time.

aln
12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
tyler! i want to be supervisor. anyways hows the hot water coming? gm still TRYING to run the store so called "properly"? haha

JordanEG6
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by civic_stylez
in other words, dont fuck with tim hortons....:D

:werd: i have yet to see a timmys that is near empty during its hours of operation. i hear people who own one restaurant end up making a fortune

dj_rice
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

:werd: i have yet to see a timmys that is near empty during its hours of operation. i hear people who own one restaurant end up making a fortune

:werd: Whats up with dat??

Its just coffee,donuts,soup and sandwiches....whats all the hype??Is their food that good???

Mr. Burns
12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Timmy's donuts suck balls, but everything else there is awesome. I thought Krispy Kreme was tasty, but I am indifferent about them closing down.

Godfuader
12-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Drivers. There are 3 routes that go over night and 2 that start at about 5am. Starting at $14 with long shifts too, so I guess if you don't go to school then it's a pretty good option, otherwise might not be the best idea...

you know, i have 2 weeks off school from saturday till new years. Need any drivers for the christmas rush; of course if your water issue is solved by then. Guess the PT Cruiser is not a drivers car.

3G
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM

the only good thing out of there is their coffee and hot choco

:werd:

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

:werd: Tims doughnuts suck compared to KK, The only other place I like them from is Safeway, lol, since I live in the DEEP SE KK is too far to drive most of the time.

safeways donuts kinda compare to kk

Originally posted by JordanEG6

2 weeks ago we went to the one in village square and they only had 2 kinds of donuts left. so we ordered some of watever timbuts they had, the girl overfilled the box but they were gross

GreyFox
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by aln
tyler! i want to be supervisor. anyways hows the hot water coming? gm still TRYING to run the store so called "properly"? haha

We'll hire you back once he leaves haha. Its coming along i guess, should be back up and running as of this morning.

you know, i have 2 weeks off school from saturday till new years. Need any drivers for the christmas rush; of course if your water issue is solved by then. Guess the PT Cruiser is not a drivers car.

We just hired a bunch of drivers, but we're always hiring so drop off your resume or application and let me know if you do and I can put it at the top of the pile. For drivers, you have to be 21 with an almost perfect driving record. And no, the PT Cruiser is not what they drivers drive haha. They drive the big Penske trucks.

Foz
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM

Doughnuts even got smaller. They rolled it back to 1970 something size. Customers were complaining, if they're doing that, then roll the prices back too! :thumbsdow

But yeah, that French cruller is damn good.

Bill Cosby
12-13-2005, 11:08 AM
yeah timmys raised their prices too didnt they/.. or are in the process of doing that.. i remember i was in a drive through and they had some kind of notice about it, i was pretty pissed, fucking greed mongers

sputnik
12-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Timmy donuts are horrible.

Aside from Krispy Kreme the next best donuts come from the bakery at Sobeys.

JordanEG6
12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd: Whats up with dat??

Its just coffee,donuts,soup and sandwiches....whats all the hype??Is their food that good???

i like their coffees. may seem all the same to many people, but im an avid drinker and can tell the difference and i often wait in line for 20 minutes to get one every morning before work during the summer.

Jassie
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
The ones here in San Francisco closed. Not that it's a bad thing, way too sweet.

Jassie
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
The ones here in San Francisco closed. Not that it's a bad thing, way too sweet.

Gainsbarre
12-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Krispy Kreme's financial woes of the past couple years have been pretty well documented.

Hell, all you have to do it look at their stock chart...the stock has lost over 80% of its value in the past two years.

Rockski
12-14-2005, 12:47 PM
where is the krispy kreme location in calgary?

Foz
12-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
where is the krispy kreme location in calgary?

South end of Sunridge Mall parking lot in it's own building.

In between Sunridge Mall and Superstore.

Rockski
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
gotcha

Sprinter
07-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Quadruple Bypass Surgery... In a Box

Impreza
07-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Welcome to 7 months ago.

DC2
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
:werd: way to bump last christmas's thread

Sprinter
07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
OPPPSSS... My Newbieness took overme... lesson learned, read the last post before posting :banghead:

Whey2Juiced
07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I read in a US paper while back, how each Walmart sells an avg of 160 boxes of KK donuts a day. And yet americans wonder why they are all overweight :rolleyes:

dino_martini
07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
When I was in ontario around three years ago the girl guides were selling boxes as a fund rasier..I had never had krispy kreme so I bought two boxes and ate one while playing yatzee the night before, then the other box for breakfest the next morning.

~Leah~
07-26-2006, 10:48 PM
My boyfriend keeps a box in the fridge by the bed at nite..... then spreads Betty Crocker Rainbow Icing all over it... my god, I almost have a heart attack watching him eat that shit!

stevieo
07-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
My boyfriend keeps a box in the fridge by the bed at nite..... then spreads Betty Crocker Rainbow Icing all over it... my god, I almost have a heart attack watching him eat that shit!

haha and you let him do that?

aren't you working with a gym or something? :rofl:

thats like having your mom being a dentist and letting your kids eat candy before going to bed, andmaking sure they don't brush their teeth

Crymson
07-26-2006, 11:30 PM
you have a fridge... by the bed... filled with doughnuts and icing.

I think --- that may be the most disgusting/greatest idea ever.

James
07-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
you have a fridge... by the bed... filled with doughnuts and icing.

I think --- that may be the most disgusting/greatest idea ever.

:werd:....i just might have to try this Rainbow frosting on a KK!

izzoblitzo
07-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Krispy Kreme is sooooo good though!!

CRXguy
07-27-2006, 12:07 AM
i had 1/2 dozen glazed a couple weeks ago. i think i shortened my life span by 5 years!! haha

Unknown303
07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I was wondering about this thread when i first started reading it because of this...

And then i looked at the dates and realised that someone resurrected it. And KK donuts are harsh, ate a couple once and it made my heart hurt instantly. But its so good, kind of like crack.

CasperWho
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

holy thats DISGUSTING! :eek:

~Leah~
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by stevieo

haha and you let him do that?

aren't you working with a gym or something? :rofl:

thats like having your mom being a dentist and letting your kids eat candy before going to bed, andmaking sure they don't brush their teeth
Hey I'm not his mother, I don't tell him what he can and can't do.... I just refuse to watch it. One time for breakfast he had 3 KK and 4 chocolate bars. BARF:barf:

And yes, the fridge beside the bed was my JOKING idea, because the guy does nothing but eat and eat and eat before bed. Rosebuds, ice cream, icing, lotsa milk, cereal, sandwiches. It's so disgusting. But he was like "OH MY GOD!!! Why didn't I think of that!!" The next day... what do I see but the fridge beside the bed...

Then he gets mad when he has a stomach ache after eating this shit and I tell him it looks like his tummy is swollen... lol

DeeK
07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Gah Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the grossest shit on the planet.

Graham_A_M
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
I can't believe they havn't closed up shop yet.. I think most people with any concience for their health knows how ultra fattenening that stuff is. its just deep fryed fat... with sugar...:nut:

There is hardly anybody there. Their version of a Cafe latte was the most fattening; sugar doused drink I ever had.

acura_el
07-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Police
OMG i can't believe i actually lined up for KK donuts when they first open.:eek:

honesly the most i can eat is 4 anything after that :barf:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i saw ur avatar, then i read ur post, and then i saw ur username :rofl: gotta love Police Chief Piggum

btw no offence to u personally or anything

HybridTheory
07-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Bah KK donuts are gross but I am guilty of lining up for them when they first opened. And most Tim's donuts aren't very good now. The only one that I like is the honey crueler.

dino_martini
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
honey crueler.

WORD :drool: :drool: :drool: :love:

HoisinSauce
07-28-2006, 09:41 PM
BAH i want some donuts now

dj_rice
07-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce
BAH i want some donuts now

Aight...Beyond Meet at KK :thumbsup:

Speedy
07-30-2006, 03:26 PM

I am confused, I thought thier was a Fat Burger in Calgary, Langley B.C. as well.

turbotrip
07-30-2006, 03:41 PM
^there is a fat burger in calgary

frozenrice
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM
^^bump for an old thread.

A member of another forum I am on said he was passing through Calgary last weekend and tried to go to Krispy Kreme but it was closed. Is it permamantly closed or was it just a temporary thing? I haven't heard or read anything about it.

schocker
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
i went to their website, only 4 locations left. :rofl:
http://www.krispykreme.com/storelocator_CAN.html

too bad though, i liked their donuts, but now i will have to settle for the superstore buttermilk ones :drool:

saiyajin
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
^^bump for an old thread.

A member of another forum I am on said he was passing through Calgary last weekend and tried to go to Krispy Kreme but it was closed. Is it permamantly closed or was it just a temporary thing? I haven't heard or read anything about it.

im thinking it is now permanent as the signs are taken down and the windows are all taped up..:barf:

dj_rice
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I know in the US, Krispy Kreme files for bankruptcy a few years back

Taken from Wiki

The 18 stores which opened in Canada, out of 32 planned, have since been reduced to 6 stores. Three of those exist in Quebec (in Laval, Greenfield Park, and Quebec City) while the other three stores are in Calgary, Mississauga, and Surrey, British Columbia. Krispy Kreme's Canadian assets were put up for sale in 2005 seven weeks after the U.S.-based doughnut company had the firm that owns and operates stores in Canada placed under bankruptcy protection.[10] On August 1, 2008, Krispy Kreme in Calgary officially closed it's doors giving no prior notice.

JAYMEZ
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Damn all gone? im kind of craving one lol

dj_rice
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Damn all gone? im kind of craving one lol

Since of the way you spelled your craving...anyone like Crave Cupcakes....they're pretty good but expensive as shit

frozenrice
08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

im thinking it is now permanent as the signs are taken down and the windows are all taped up..:barf:

yeah, he didn't mention details like the signs and windows. I don't go up there often. How long has it been gone?

Ajay
08-07-2008, 10:41 PM

Since of the way you spelled your craving...anyone like Crave Cupcakes....they're pretty good but expensive as shit

They're also a diabetic seizure waiting to happen.

dj_rice
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

yeah, he didn't mention details like the signs and windows. I don't go up there often. How long has it been gone?

From what I just posted Aug 1, 2008

JAYMEZ
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Not a big fan of them... They are pretty overwhelming and hurt the teeth like crazy!!

Graham_A_M
08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I remember seeing the US stock price SURGE, Krispy Kreme was THE stock to own, you couldn't go wrong. Now?

:rofl: :rofl: Best wishes... I hope you have other investments.:nut:

frozenrice
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM

From what I just posted Aug 1, 2008

My bad, I reread what you posted afterwards.

TomcoPDR
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
[b]

Does Kamloops have a location? KKKamloops

max_boost
08-08-2008, 11:47 PM
My GF was in the area and saw that the garbage bin right next to it was on fire the other night! :eek:

basscheck23
08-09-2008, 02:14 AM
worked here 3 years ago, you get 2 free boxes of doughnuts each week i dont know if they still do that now :thumbsup:

broken_legs
08-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Does Kamloops have a location? KKKamloops

Didn't see one last time I was in town...

Wrath
08-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Krispy Kreme exits Calgary

Herald News Services

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Doughnuts - Krispy Kreme rode into Calgary just over four years ago boasting a cult-like brand, a reputation for freshness and an air that was expected to put a double-double dose of humility into Tim Hortons fans.

But the same store that saw people lining up for its 6 a.m. opening in 2004 is now shut.

At the northeast location is posted a simple notice stating: "Sorry, this Krispy Kreme location is closed as of August 1, 2008."

As retail analysts tell the Herald's Mario Toneguzzi, Calgary never warmed up to the franchise, opting instead to stick with the likes of Tim Hortons, Starbucks and Good Earth Cafe.

A Krispy Kreme representative told the Herald the store is a victim of Krispy Kreme's "turnaround strategy," which includes closing "underperforming stores."

Xtrema
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Starbucks got it right. It's all about the location.

It would probably survive if it has more coffee products and closer to center of the city.

nj2Type-S
08-28-2008, 11:29 AM
wow....i can't believe they've been shut down. i remember when they first opened up, the line ups were insane and there's something on the radio about krispy kreme all the time!

it only lasted for a bit then everyone got sick of it, though, lol. anyone know how many calories are in one original donut??

Kritafo
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.krispykreme.com/canutri.pdf

has the Canadian Nutritional info.

I believe the original is something like 200 cal 12 grams of fat,

sdiep
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, line ups were insane!

I'm surprised business was going down!
Anyone know what will become of the location now?

rmk
08-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Lousy location

nj2Type-S
08-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by sdiep
Yeah, line ups were insane!

I'm surprised business was going down!
Anyone know what will become of the location now?

IN N OUT!!! :eek:

i wish! :cry:

dino_martini
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Lousy location

:werd:

If they had put it in Downtown or 17th Ave or something, they might have had a better chance at survival.

Good donuts though :drool:

Hakkola
08-28-2008, 01:46 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000ooooooo......

Shit, I was just thinking about getting some Krispy Kreme doughnuts this morning.

The location sucked ass for sure. When I went there last year they still had pretty long lineups. Crazy. :thumbsdow

Unknown303
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

They're also a diabetic seizure waiting to happen.

I ate one with the blue icing once and had to have a nap I was so overwhelmed by the epic sugar rush. Kind of reminded me of the meat sweats. it was like I WAS WALKING ON SUNSHINE!!!

And on Krispy Creme I was getting Donuts there all last month for some meetings we were having at our office and every time I went in there I was the only person in the place.