PDA

View Full Version : ANyone here a car installer ? PLEASE HELP - remote autostart problems

bbirniebb
12-11-2005, 05:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I have an 2 button Autostart brand remote starter. Last night I set it as usual and went into work. Half way through my shift I decided to just start it for the hell of it. And this is what happened..............The side marker lights came on like usual............then the day time running lights turned on........then went off when they should stay on. The turned on 3 times everything 10 seconds then that was it, didnt start and repeated that 3 flashes of the day time running lights if I tried to start it again. Then when I went to start the car physcially with my key, nothing, wouldnt engage the starter, i woudl just hear a click from under the dash. ??????????????????????????????????????????? Anyone ?

Did I like hold one of the buttons too long and trigger some other mode ?

Oh and this may help.............. for the last couple hours before all this happened for some reason the side marker and parking lights would stay one when I locked the door with the remote ? They would just stay on until I left it unlocked. Anyone know why ?

ex1z7
12-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Did you need two threads about this?

It sounds like a short in your installer system, did you check all the lines and such to make sure none are damaged ? give that a whirl. Sounds like something is acting weird that normally wouldn't happen due to pressing a button too long. Maybe it isn't getting enough power so it's engaging things and not shutting them off again.. Iono.

Strugari
12-11-2005, 04:24 PM
The light relay on the main board is sticking.

You can take a small piece of emery cloth and clean the contact of the relay.

As for the start problem, that could also be a relay. If the starter relay is not engaging, the unit will cycle three times. Each time the lights will come on, cycle through ignition, and then turn off.

You can check all the relay contacts on the baord and clean them up.

If that does not work you may have to change the unit out.:thumbsup: