PDA

View Full Version : Crazy slippery

Sky
02-26-2003, 08:26 PM
I was gonna head down to Chinook and decided to head back home cuz of the road condition!:thumbsdow I was seconds away from getting home when this bastard with his car parked in my lane FACING me!! (he must be trying to get up the hill on the opposite lane becuz there were cars stuck goin up!) at the same time even goin about 10-15km/h tried to slow down but CAN'T ...the road was complete ICE and since I got no ABS I started pumping my brakes. I skid side ways and countersteered and saved myself:eek: . I think that guy is a real dumb ass..atleast he should be on the right side of the road.

jdmakkord
02-26-2003, 08:33 PM
edgemont???

Blue Devil 2
02-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Your lucky! Accord Ex-R's don't have ABS?

Sky
02-26-2003, 08:36 PM
yea edgemont yea I got ABS...but its gone.. :( no $$$ to fix

CLiVE
02-26-2003, 08:42 PM
I was driving down sarcee, and a guy in a Silver integra with altezzas slid sideways right in from of me. Just missed him, my ABS was pumping like crazy, but the road was pure ice.

Ekliptix
02-26-2003, 08:50 PM
I drove from Costco to Spruce Meadows. It wasn't too bad.

bol
02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
yeah i was sideways pretty much half the way home from work

szw
02-26-2003, 09:05 PM
I thought it was okay...but watched a lot of people slide around.

I was on the left lane of a small road, and then an old truck turns into the lane next to me right when I am beside him. He spins around and I turned my head and saw the back end of the truck miss me by about a foot.

Ben
02-26-2003, 09:11 PM
well fuck my summer tires!

I am at work right now, and when I got here the roads were dry and the snow had not fallen yet. Now its brutal.

Daddymax
02-26-2003, 09:17 PM
They are BAD!!!! That integra was probably my buddy. He said he slid right through the intersection.

I almost died a couple times.

rsxrsx
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the roads are pretty slippery out there. :thumbsdow Drive safe people. :)

kaput
02-26-2003, 10:32 PM

Hakkola
02-26-2003, 10:42 PM
yeah benny i just left from mckenzie, took me almost 30 mins to get home, usually only takes like 10-15, it's worse in mckenzie than it is over here.

bigboom
02-26-2003, 10:45 PM
i was heading downtown on crowchild onto the memorial turn off when a silver civic hit his brakes almost hit me...coutersteered too hard ended up doing a 180 facing oncoming traffic i thought for sure something big was gonna happen...

HRD2PLZ
02-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the roads are ass. I think if I still have the Accord next year I'm gonna have to invest in some winter tires. Tonight I was actually going to go to the 403 Honda meet, since its been a few months since my last visit :(

redline_13000
02-26-2003, 10:57 PM
fuk i just saw this thread now, i havent driven yet today, time for some fun :D

GTS Jeff
02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sky
I was gonna head down to Chinook and decided to head back home cuz of the road condition!:thumbsdow I was seconds away from getting home when this bastard with his car parked in my lane FACING me!! (he must be trying to get up the hill on the opposite lane becuz there were cars stuck goin up!) at the same time even goin about 10-15km/h tried to slow down but CAN'T ...the road was complete ICE and since I got no ABS I started pumping my brakes. I skid side ways and countersteered and saved myself:eek: . I think that guy is a real dumb ass..atleast he should be on the right side of the road. omg u drifted going 10kmh!!!!! omg!!

haha jk

when hte roads are slightly slippery and im cornering under 50kmh and theres no cops around ill be sideways for sure!

lammer
02-26-2003, 11:37 PM
i almost ran into a curb god damnit!!
took a turn, doing 15km or so, my tires started slipping i almost slid into a freaking curb..lucky.

Superesc
02-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Fun drive tonite!

MistaBrent
02-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Sky
I was gonna head down to Chinook and decided to head back home cuz of the road condition!:thumbsdow I was seconds away from getting home when this bastard with his car parked in my lane FACING me!! (he must be trying to get up the hill on the opposite lane becuz there were cars stuck goin up!) at the same time even goin about 10-15km/h tried to slow down but CAN'T ...the road was complete ICE and since I got no ABS I started pumping my brakes. I skid side ways and countersteered and saved myself:eek: . I think that guy is a real dumb ass..atleast he should be on the right side of the road. \

Wish I could say the same. Rode with the top down today, green grass, drove by the ocean, warm as hell. VANCOUVER !!!!!!! whooooooo I love it here.

Daddymax
02-27-2003, 01:56 AM
rains too much in vancouver

___2PaC___
02-27-2003, 07:27 AM
The roads are too bad. I went last night to the Airport and back, and I saw atleast 4 CARS in DITCHES... Terrible, the snows ok, but If only the ice was gone.

HRD2PLZ
02-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by MistaBrent
\

Wish I could say the same. Rode with the top down today, green grass, drove by the ocean, warm as hell. VANCOUVER !!!!!!! whooooooo I love it here.

I was told by someone living in Vancouver that the weather wasn't THAT nice :dunno:

SilverRex
02-27-2003, 06:10 PM
yo bro, you should of drove my wrx, AWD + winter tires = no problem lol jk take good kare of it :D

MistaBrent
02-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

I was told by someone living in Vancouver that the weather wasn't THAT nice :dunno:

I dont know about that person, I was told that too by some people. Ive been here since sunday and its been warm as heck and nice.

CLiVE
02-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
yo bro, you should of drove my wrx, AWD + winter tires = no problem lol jk take good kare of it :D

haha, well I've got AWD and blizzaks and still when I was trying to accelerate from a few 4 way stops around market mall, all 4 of my tires were spinning no matter how little/much gas I gave it..

Pretty slipery...of course I did fair a lot better than the FWD/RWD cars behind me that all got stuck going up the hill.....who were all looking at he like WTF? how is that car moving up the hill. I'm sure they all assumed I was RWD...lol :rofl:

Lorne@UrbanX
02-27-2003, 07:05 PM
I am glad I have a 4x4 also.
~ends bitching
Sho&Go

GTS Jeff
02-27-2003, 09:14 PM
im balding out my rear tires very very fast :(