PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance Question

Clever
12-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this on but my cousin needs to get her vehicle insured, and so far she's had no luck trying to get a quote because her past policies have been cancelled due to non- payment, no claims and no significant tickets either, so if anyone knows of any brokers or agency that's more lax or lenient to someone in her position, I'd apprciate the input thanks.

Zero102
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, due to the insurance reforms, it is illegal for an insurance company to refuse coverage for your cousin. However, some brokers may be reluctant to offer a quote simply due to the anticipated high premiums, and the extra trouble required. Unfortunately for them, they have to provide you with a quote.

But, try telling _THEM_ that...
So, on a more practical note, try calling some insurance companies that deal with high risk drivers (I know you didn't want to hear that...), they will be more likely to help you out.
Since the policies have been cancelled due to non-payment, she will most likely be required to pay up front. This is just to protect their asses, hopefully you guys understand. If there are no claims or significant tickets, then her rates shouldn't be too bad, the hardest part will just be getting quotes.
I know a lot of high risk drivers are insured through ING's facilities division. I don't know of any brokers who deal with them off the top of my head however.
Hopefully this gives you a full understanding of the situation, and a little more guidance on where to look next.
Best of luck finding an insurance company. I am in the middle of dropping mine right now, lol.

Clever
12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I had to go though this myself several years ago, and I went with ING and I think it was Allianz that insured me, but with her two cancellations they pretty much told her to look for something else. She was okay with not driving but with the weather and her work/school schedule she really needs to be driving again, we went and got her driver's abstract this morning and she has no demerits but she's still having a hard time trying to get insured. Thanks for the reply though.

Azn563
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Well i have 3 missed payments i can still get insurance from northgate insurance compay their a broker as well they go through ING, i was going through nordic which only accepts high risk drivers so yea.
you might have to come up with the whole years pay or half years pay as thats what happened to me.
insurance is so gay it wasnt my fault i missed those payments but it still counts unbelievable.