PDA

View Full Version : QUICK HLP PLZ>>importing cars with salvage title

riceeater
12-12-2005, 05:13 PM
i found an srt4 in sacramento that is in mint shape for both body and engine (under 3K km). the car is definately driveable, but can i drive it home? i can't insure it in canada right? what border fees to i have to pay? thanks guys

2000_SI
12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Did you check out Jamez' thread?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107279

Might contain the right info for people/departments that you need to contact...

riceeater
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
it does have a lot of good info but nothing on salvage titles.. thanks though

AllGoNoShow
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
What gave it the Salvage title?

riceeater
12-12-2005, 05:45 PM
it was hit on the front (damage to hood, bumper and fender, and scratched along the side... guy claims there was no frame or structural damage, and everything has been fixed up

AllGoNoShow
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
mmm, might be beter off trying to get a salvage title removed down there via an inspection, then coming up with a clean title.

I know some of the improters are having no problems bringing parts cars in, but majority of those are cut right in half with salvage titles.

riceeater
12-12-2005, 05:57 PM
that's a good idea... but wouldnt he have taken the salvage title off it if he could have? seems like the guy has sold a bunch of cars like this so he must know how everything works

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
here she be..remove the third T in http...

htttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Neon-TURBO-SRT4-ONLY-2K-MLS-TURBO-BLACK-BLACK-STUNNING-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6204QQitemZ4593513412QQrdZ1

tictactoe2004
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by riceeater
seems like the guy has sold a bunch of cars like this so he must know how everything works

That my friend is what you call a "red flag".

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
^^^ yeah but he has piles of good feedback. there's nothing wrong with imagining that this guy looks for slightly damaged cars, fixes the body damage and resells the cars. i'm sure tons of bodyshop guys do it locally

AllGoNoShow
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Invalid url, whats the exact title of the auction ill jsut search it.

tictactoe2004
12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
^^^ yeah but he has piles of good feedback. there's nothing wrong with imagining that this guy looks for slightly damaged cars, fixes the body damage and resells the cars. i'm sure tons of bodyshop guys do it locally

just for the record, you can buy feedback and buy accounts. A friend of mine was buying some stuff for one cent here and there just to get his feedback up higher when he got a message from a guy who sells watches. He said something along the line of "I'll leave you free good feedback, just leave me feedback saying Nice Rolex, Great Deal"

Anyways, guess what happened to that guys account a couple of weeks later, "FAKE ROLEX - SCAMMER" sort of feedbacks.

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
"2004 Dodge : Neon TURBO"

search SRT4 by highest price, the bidding is at 9250...something fishy i noticed is that most of his previous sales all look almost exactly the same... a lot of them show the same description of the damage and repairs....why would so many people be ok with what they got though and leave good feedback?

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

just for the record, you can buy feedback and buy accounts. A friend of mine was buying some stuff for one cent here and there just to get his feedback up higher when he got a message from a guy who sells watches. He said something along the line of "I'll leave you free good feedback, just leave me feedback saying Nice Rolex, Great Deal"

Anyways, guess what happened to that guys account a couple of weeks later, "FAKE ROLEX - SCAMMER" sort of feedbacks.

i'm aware of crap like that...most of his feedbacks are about car sales though... dont get me wrong, i'm being supersuspicios and doubtfull about this too

tictactoe2004
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
well, i checked out his account, guy seems legit I guess... good luck to ya anyways, let me know if you buy it cuz I wanna buy a car off ebay in the spring.

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
^^ he does seem alright but it makes me wonder why he words all his auctions the same...now i have no idea where the actual damage was untill i see him and he shows me hte exact papers and all. keep the feedback coming guys, 3 hours left...

AllGoNoShow
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Looks like he just uses a template for his sales then adds/removes as needed. so they all have the same layout and some of the same wording but the specific parts are different.

Picture layout etc.. is the same.

FiveFreshFish
12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
"2004 Dodge : Neon TURBO"

search SRT4 by highest price, the bidding is at 9250...something fishy i noticed is that most of his previous sales all look almost exactly the same... a lot of them show the same description of the damage and repairs....why would so many people be ok with what they got though and leave good feedback?

You can post the link with the item number. I believe this is the car to which you refer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4593513412

This yellow one isn't that much more and it's not a salvage. But there's almost 6 days to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4597240991

riceeater
12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
^^^ yup it's the first one...