PDA

View Full Version : US-Canada Dollar

szw
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Do you think our dollar will be going up in relation to the US dollar anytime soon?

Whats the exchange rate at right now?

Ajay
02-26-2003, 10:28 PM
For at least the last year and half the CDN dollar hasn't risen above 65 cents US. I definetly don't see it going up especially if there's a war with Iraq.

I mean the Euro rivals the US dollar almost pound for pound. Tough to compete with that.

EG STyLeZ
02-26-2003, 10:28 PM
a couple days ago the CDN dollar was at the highest point in like 2 years. it was worth like 67.03 US cents i think.

kenny
02-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
For at least the last year and half the CDN dollar hasn't risen above 65 cents US. I definetly don't see it going up especially if there's a war with Iraq.

It was above 67 cents us just the other day. Good time to purchase some US bucks haha, havent checked what it is at now though.

szw
02-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Its still pretty good right now I think.

With the war in Iraq, if US's dollar goes down is Canada's likely to go down with it, or do relatively better compared to the US dollar?

I don't know anything about this stuff..haha

max_boost
02-26-2003, 11:14 PM
www.xe.com for the latest!
Dam what is up with the CDN dollar recently? Where are you Econ majors? lol

kaput
02-26-2003, 11:28 PM

kenny
02-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Didnt the federal government just release the budget or something? that is probably what has affected the dollar the most recently

Weapon_R
02-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Our monetary policy is directly linked with the US monetary policy. If their dollar value decreases, so does ours. And vice versa.

350hp_or_Bust
02-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Our monetary policy is directly linked with the US monetary policy. If their dollar value decreases, so does ours. And vice versa.

That's not true at all ... the only reason our dollar is 'increasing' in value of late is because the US dollar has been slipping.

Over the past 2-3months, the dollar has risen from under 65 cents to a high of over 67 cents .. it sits right now just under 67 cents (67.8 or something).

The dollar is also rising because David Dodge has been hinting that the bank of canada is goint to raise prime interest rates in the near future ... he's delaying rising it right now because of the iraq situation.

The federal budget also helped the dollar out a bit cause they commited to spend some ungodly amounts of money over the next few years :rolleyes: I mean really ... who needs to pay down our $536B debt :banghead: f'ing liberals!! :guns:

Does nobody else read the paper?:dunno:

Ferio_vti
02-27-2003, 11:00 AM
That and the whole US red alert at the border and airports are making the US$ slip. Once the US is in full alert/war, more business will come to Canada.

Hakkola
02-27-2003, 01:16 PM
k, here you go.

Canada will be increasing interest rates which is helping the Canadian dollar, but there is a bigger reason the canadian dollar is rising.

The new budget, of all the G7 countries Canada is the only country with a balanced budget, that's a pretty big deal, couple that with the possible war with Iraq which would obviously hinder the American Dollar a lot more than the Canadian.

Also from the globe and mail yesterday, "the Canadian dollar has been rebounding thanks to rising commodity prices, a sagging U.S dollar and expectations that interest rates will be rising here soon."

sml
02-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Actually, CND dollar increase is also due to low unemployment and high real estate market, which are signs of a good economy, which leads to higher interest rates, which leads to strong investment from out of country, which leads to a strong conversion rate for our dollar. That and also our dollar hasn't gone up much in comparison to our countries in other parts of the world, just the US dollar is slipping in regards to ours.

Blue Devil 2
03-06-2003, 04:40 PM
today:

C$ (in U$) +0.0045 0.6807

updated 17:34 ET

it's still rising....:eek:

EG STyLeZ
03-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
today:

C$ (in U$) +0.0045 0.6807

updated 17:34 ET

it's still rising....:eek:

haha nobody knows what the fuck is going on!:tongue:

ninspeed
03-06-2003, 05:57 PM
all i know is ir has fucked me up a little.. i used to wash used oil rig trucks and send them down to the states.. but now that our dollar is much higher, the market for them is really low.. oh well, hopefully our encomey will pick up a little more, and we can sell the trucks up here

Ferio_vti
03-06-2003, 06:26 PM
No wants to do business with the US. CDN markets are getting really hot now. And interest rates are gonna go up .5% to keep from our $ from getting inflated.

Its good to be CDN right now.

kenny
03-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Time to invest in some US bucks when it drops to a nice low for future use when it climbs back up haha.

szw
03-06-2003, 08:59 PM
ooh time to buy car parts from the states!!! haha

Ferio_vti
03-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Hehe,
I'm actually considering getting a JRSC off ebay right now.