PDA

View Full Version : My current Project 944

weenis
12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
This is how it's currently looking....
http://site252.webhost4life.com/weenis/pics/myPorsche_1.jpg

http://site252.webhost4life.com/weenis/pics/myPorsche_2.jpg

http://site252.webhost4life.com/weenis/pics/myPorsche_3.jpg

Honestly...the front bumper of the non-turbo 944 is horrendous!!!! That's why I bought a 944 turbo front, and also purchased a GT Racing front splitter. I didn't take a pics of my rear cause it's effed UP!! Some idiot backedup into my car...but it's ok, I went and used that as an excuse to get a FiberWerks 944 rear bumper. I also bought some side skirts too.

I'm still hesitating on what color I should paint my car....any suggestions?

Red is my first color but black would be soooo nice.....

Well let me know what ya'll think.

rage2
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Moved into general car forum so people can reply.

lastprodigy
12-13-2005, 02:33 PM
gunmetal grey....or keep it red

Weapon_R
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Keep it red unless you want people to question why you changed the color (read: accident)

Clanche
12-13-2005, 06:54 PM
keep it red but get it re-painted since the paint looks faded.. a nice darker red metallic paint would be :bigpimp:

Zero102
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
I don't quite get it.
You like the early interior, but not the N/A front end? That's a little uncommon, since I think both the early interior and the big bumpers are going for a common look.
Personally, I'm a late-interior, turbo front end, or early interior, 924 exterior type guy, I don't like the early interior, and the bucktooth bumpers on the wide-body 944, they only look right on the 924 IMO.

Anyhoo, don't change the color, it's a fast way to make everybody question your motives.
Guards red is one of the most popular colors on 944's, why not keep it?

Good luck with the fiberwerks stuff, over on Rennlist I have heard quite a few stories of the parts not fitting. Usually they can be worked to fit, but I've seen a couple times where they had to abandon the idea. Hopefully yours goes on without
any trouble.

You say you bought a turbo front end, I'm hoping you got everything you will need: fenders, bumper, nose panel, headlight buckets and the inner supports. Otherwise you will have fitment problems.

It's good to see another 944 in the area. Isn't this the one with the transmission stuck in gear or something?... Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else's project 944.

Anyhoo, best of luck with the project, I'm tearing back into my 951 next year. Right now it's driveable, and I'm racking up the miles so that the rings can seat before winter.

benyl
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
^^^

The dude lives in Pomona. As in California.

There are palm trees in the photos.

djayz
12-13-2005, 09:41 PM
super nice car...and those choice of bumpers is awesome
and keep it red but go for a dark cherry red
or go for a very dark navy blue instead of black

weenis
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zero102
[B]I don't quite get it.
You like the early interior, but not the N/A front end? That's a little uncommon, since I think both the early interior and the big bumpers are going for a common look.
Personally, I'm a late-interior, turbo front end, or early interior, 924 exterior type guy, I don't like the early interior, and the bucktooth bumpers on the wide-body 944, they only look right on the 924 IMO.

I'd have to agree with you. That's why I got the turbo front, i rather have the late interior for the 944 but I'm stuck with the early 944 interior for now.

Just the other day I went ahead and purchased Side Skirts from Essential Styling!!! I hope the red comes out really nice on my car.... *crosses fingers*

Does anyone know where to look for rims that fit the early 1985 Porsche 944 non-turbo? If so let me know. Thanks

AllGoNoShow
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
I say you keep the Red just freshen the whole car up with the same red.

Once I have more money to throw around it would nice to have a nice 944 slightly modded as a daily/track beater. Keep the Turbo BMW as a weekend warrior as it wouldn't be cheap fix that once it starts breaking!

Keep us updated man! Love to have more higher end cars on this site.

Zero102
12-17-2005, 01:18 AM
You can run almost any porsche rims with the early offset, but you will require spacers for a lot of them.
Any porsche rims with the 25.4mm (I think, it's 20-something mm)offset will fit your car perfectly, these are all pre-87 944 rims, you can run the post-87 (late offset) rims, which are 52.3mm offset, but you require a spacer, and spacers that big aren't cheap (~$100/pair).

A lot of people are running BBS wheels on their porsches, but I do not know what ones fit, as I have never tried.
If you were local, I would be trying to sell you a set of cookie cutters I have sitting in my garage right now... :D

The early interior has more of an antique european feel to it if you ask me, more of an acquired taste. Like I said earlier, it most definately is appropriate for the 924, and the 924 turbo is one of my all-time favorite cars, but it just doesn't work for the 944. Once they went with the wide body, it just wasn't the same. Never say you're stuck with it, since you're located where 944's are cheap.
Go over to rennlist and look in the classifieds if you ever feel you're stuck with yours... lots of nice 85.5+ 944's there. It would seem that they are going pretty cheap in the southern states, especially in california. I wish they cost here what they do there... (if that even makes sense)