PDA

View Full Version : sad music!!!!!

GQBalla
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
now i ask anybody here if they know of any sad songs like in movies when someone dies that was close to the other main character or what not,

like the soft piano music they play when something bad or sad happens in shows and what not!!!

im so addicted, to this kinda music!

Zephyr
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
wtf is this, classical emo now?! :rofl:

brandon
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Gary Jules - Mad World

(from the donnie darko soundtrack)

Ben
12-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Gary Jules - Mad World

Ding Ding Ding

Also Try Colorblind by Counting Crows.

handsomebassman
12-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Gary Jules - Mad World

I knew you would post this song. It is a great song!

brandon
12-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Ding Ding Ding

Also Try Colorblind by Counting Crows.

amazing song aswell.

Ben
12-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Dice - Finley Quaye

justincalgary
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
ding dong the witch is dead - wizard of oz munchkins

Godfuader
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
The ending score from The Incredible Hulk, when hes walking away on the side of the road. From Family guy too.

A_3
12-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Hallelujah-Jeff Buckley
The Scientist-Coldplay
Fallen-Sarah McLachlan
The Freshman-Verve Pipe
Hey Now (don't dream it's over) (acoustic)-Neil Finn and Tim Finn (Crowded House)
Round Here-Counting Crows

Give those a shot, Mad World and Colorblind are also great tunes for that sort of mood. :)

izzoblitzo
12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
The ending score from The Incredible Hulk, when hes walking away on the side of the road. From Family guy too.

hahaha.. that family guy skit was soooo funny... so useless.. but so funny!! it came outta nowhere.

Nissanaddict
12-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
wtf is this, classical emo now?! :rofl:

I'm afraid it looks like it.

civic_stylez
12-13-2005, 06:54 PM
a warm place - nine inch nails
my weakness - moby
now we are free - gladiator soundtrack (enya)
sense of touch - crash soundtrack

there you go..let the depression reign!:D

Barking_Spidre
12-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Try out...

Simple man - The Deftones
Retrovertigo - Mr. Bungle
Waiting - The Devlins

urbannomad
12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
mad world by michael andrews....i felt i've known this song for a while. but its pretty new.

GQBalla
12-14-2005, 12:43 AM
no man im not EMO!!!

thats juss fucked...

im juss tryin to get music like in cartoons where something dramtic happens and than its like soft piano music thats like soothing and what not, or like in gangster movies someone dies and that type of music comes on, that kinda dealio

nothing emo here!1

OHHHH AND BTW!!!

i am not depressed or anything for some reason i juss like this kinda music its like really soothing or something???

A_3
12-14-2005, 12:50 AM
None of the songs I see on the list are emo. I think emo is a stupid term though. People like to say emo is anything emotional... so then wtf... like every song out there is emotional in some manner or another. I think real emo is that "teenaged anxst, my first love tore my heart out and ate it i'm so sad i'll choke and/or cut myself" type stuff. Which is kind of ridiculous because the people writing it are all 25 and older. I mean I don't know about you guys but I got over my teenaged anxst when I was still in high school. In my opinion though, good music is good music, and to label somebody into a group because of what they listen to is stupid. [/rant]

Goblin
12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
I totally agree. Emo is such a stupid term.

I have something better to do than just be depressed listening to sad music... Be depressed, drink lots, and forget about being depressed. Drink On!

sputnik
12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
anything by Hayden, Badly Drawn Boy, Joseph Arthur or Denison Witmer

Davetronz
12-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by A_3
None of the songs I see on the list are emo. I think emo is a stupid term though. People like to say emo is anything emotional... so then wtf... like every song out there is emotional in some manner or another. I think real emo is that "teenaged anxst, my first love tore my heart out and ate it i'm so sad i'll choke and/or cut myself" type stuff. Which is kind of ridiculous because the people writing it are all 25 and older. I mean I don't know about you guys but I got over my teenaged anxst when I was still in high school. In my opinion though, good music is good music, and to label somebody into a group because of what they listen to is stupid. [/rant]
Hey I am in my mid twenties and I will have my teenage emo angst and there is nothing you can do about it. Dont make me cut my wrists, cry, dye my hair black and wear girls pants... DONT MAKE ME DO IT.

Clever
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
First song that came to mind was "dance with the devil" by Immortal Technique but it may not work for what you're looking for.

Bill Cosby
12-14-2005, 12:36 PM
im so happy to find these sad songs

cujo_cjc
12-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Neyo - So Sick (Feat. Jin)
Ryan Cabrera - Its You

abyss
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Keith Urban - Tonight I wanna cry

actually.....there's probably a lot of country songs that fit the description of what you're looking for...

cujo_cjc
12-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Woops..nvm.
I didnt read the first post
I just thought it was sad songs in general :nut:

Melinda
12-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by abyss
Keith Urban - Tonight I wanna cry

actually.....there's probably a lot of country songs that fit the description of what you're looking for...
:werd: If you're looking for tear jerking music, country is a great place to look.

dunno if any of these have ever been on a tear jerking movie soundtrack but check out

Skin- Rascal Flatts
The Dance- Garth Brooks
You didnt even know my name- George Canyon
One of these days- Tim McGraw

There are about 10000 more but I'm not sure if you're into sad music like that. If you want more let me know and I can post some more suggestions.

Phy
12-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Johnny Cash's cover for Hurt.
Barber's Adagio for Strings (From Platoon, not the trance remixes)

GQBalla
12-16-2005, 01:50 PM
i'm lookin for music with piano in it, and thank you to everyone that submited there songs.

but something with a soft piano music in it will be GREAT!

zhulander
12-16-2005, 01:55 PM
I think this is what you're looking for:

LOST THEME (http://www3.telus.net/dirtydon/jackstheme.mp3)

Also look for the Christopher Beck's stuff in Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV soundtrack.

JordanEG6
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Sovory- Deeper than blood

its a good song, i likey

DJ Lazy
12-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Anna Nalick- Wreck of the Day

I don't really listen to sad music... :dunno: Thats one that a friend sent me..

403Gemini
12-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Apocalyptica - Bittersweet

Fez_turbo
12-17-2005, 12:56 AM
when my best friends brother committed suicide. ( he was only 14)
they had a company make the nicest powerpoint presentation ever. the song by REM ( i think) its titled " EVERYBODY HURTS" or "BEAUTIFUL BOY"
it was a really good song and now everytime i hear it i get kinda emotional cause it has a deep meaning.

Fez_turbo
12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
^^ dosent make sense unless i say that song was being played with the presentation.

403Gemini
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
^^ dosent make sense unless i say that song was being played with the presentation.

nah man lots of people have songs like that. when they hear certain songs, it takes them to a "place" where they remeber certain events.