PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Paint Chip Repair Kit

heartbreaker
12-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Anybody tried this stuff? Looks like a great product, just like to know how well it works.

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p23909314-k12-g-~mothers+paint+chip-nover

redevil
12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
hey I'm interested to know too!

Where else can you find this stuff, might want to give it a try.

handsomebassman
12-13-2005, 06:55 PM
I would LOVE to find some of this stuff. I recently took a trip to and from vancouver, and snow hit, and so did the sanding trucks, and i had to follow semi's the whole way home so my whole front end on my 06 civic is basically totalled.

GQBalla
12-14-2005, 01:33 AM
hrmm looks pretty cool
so im confused do you still have to use touch up paitn though?

heartbreaker
12-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
hrmm looks pretty cool
so im confused do you still have to use touch up paitn though?

Ya, according to the instructions, you apply touch-up paint till its actually fills over the chip, then you use this stuff to smooth it down to the same height as your paint. I guess i'll order it online and give it a shot.

redevil
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by heartbreaker

Ya, according to the instructions, you apply touch-up paint till its actually fills over the chip, then you use this stuff to smooth it down to the same height as your paint. I guess i'll order it online and give it a shot.

Let me know how long it takes to get to your place, when you place the order. Keep us up todate with how it works, I'm interested in buying some as well.

Thanks

?????
12-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Probably works the same as Langka. www.langka.com
I have some of that stuff and it works on some and doesn't work on some. Its worth i try.

wally719
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
i have posted it before in other threads but you guys should really try Final Touch. www.touchup123.com i used it on my civic and it looked awesome. it requires a little more work than they make it out to be but it wasnt much more. the brush they include is really cool. it leaves their paint only in the chip and if you mess up it is like that mothers stuff...you use their compound and it takes it right off so you can do it over and over until you are happy. it is only 35 bucks for the whole system.

handsomebassman
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by wally719
i have posted it before in other threads but you guys should really try Final Touch. www.touchup123.com i used it on my civic and it looked awesome. it requires a little more work than they make it out to be but it wasnt much more. the brush they include is really cool. it leaves their paint only in the chip and if you mess up it is like that mothers stuff...you use their compound and it takes it right off so you can do it over and over until you are happy. it is only 35 bucks for the whole system.

Im gonna order some. Looks good to me.

AllGoNoShow
12-31-2005, 12:45 AM
That touchup123 shit looks like it works and looks promising!

Anyone in Calgary order some and wanna share it to see if it works? I'd love just to fix it cheaply then get the whole car repainted.