PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic Coupe or 06 Lancer?

riced
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I am planning on getting a new car in the next 2 - 4 months. I am having a hard time deciding though. I have test driven the 06 Civic Sedan (because they had no Coupe in for testing) and it had a nice feel, although I wanted to have tried the Coupe for the sport suspension and all =(. I haven't gotten around to testing the Lancer though, but i hear a lot of bad comments about it being slow and no power. I hate to admit it, but i am an all show no go type of guy.

so really, the only pro i see in the Coupe is the LSD is has, wow is that ever nice. I couldn't stop looking at that and they put more room into it so it feels like a really big car... not so much of a bad thing though.

Any pros and cons from you guys? I would really appreciate feedback and suggestions between the two so i can decide. Thanks

cujo_cjc
12-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Are you planning on getting the Ralliart for the Lancer?
Have you thought about the new CSX?

riced
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes The Ralliart. I saw the CSX on the commercial, and the F1 inspired shifting is pretty cool.. but i find that it might take the fun away in driving a manual tranny. So that was sort of out of the question, it looks exactly like the civic with some body changes and doesnt have an LSD, and since its Acura, it will be priced higher than a Honda Civic. not worth it IMO since is only has the F1 shifting to make it different.

A2VR6
12-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by riced
Yes The Ralliart. I saw the CSX on the commercial, and the F1 inspired shifting is pretty cool.. but i find that it might take the fun away in driving a manual tranny. So that was sort of out of the question, it looks exactly like the civic with some body changes and doesnt have an LSD, and since its Acura, it will be priced higher than a Honda Civic. not worth it IMO since is only has the F1 shifting to make it different.

The CSX does also come with a 5 speed manual... paddle shifters are just an option.

riced
12-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

The CSX does also come with a 5 speed manual... paddle shifters are just an option.

really? then the CSX is totally out of the question, why get a CSX for more than a Civic WITH an LSD? you wouldn't, especially when the Si comes out.

i have to rant though, why would it be an option when one of the highlights of the car in the commercial are the shifter knobs, that would piss off a lot of people... damn haha

but thanks for clearing that up A2VR6

handsomebassman
12-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I own the Civic Coupe. Buy it. Its amazing.

mo_money2supe
12-13-2005, 10:12 PM
From reading your other thread, it seems like you're liking the idea of HID's. You can get that in the CSX as a factory option so you don't have to worry about the retrofitting that you've been asking about done. Trust me, HID's are well worth it for any car, especially if it can come OEM from a relatively inexpensive car like the CSX.

BUT, if you must stick with a Civic or Lancer, I'd say the Civic is better worth it in terms of power, reliability, overall size, and just general happiness with your purchase of a car. Mind you, for the prices of those, I'd still recommend a Mazda 3, in which you get even more of everything aforementioned (minus the HIDs that is).

riced
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes, every time i see a car with the blue HID's i want it even more myself. I can't wait to get my car and install them in it.

I am not too interested in the CSX, even IF it includes the HID's or whatnot.

But is the Civic Coupe (not the SI) still better than the Lancer Ralliart model? and Mazda 3 is not my style haha, it seems a little too girly for me, no offence to owners of the Mazda 3.

Das_Amaretto
12-13-2005, 10:29 PM
care about resale value? The lancer will end up costing you waay more.

CrvenaZvezda
12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
i would personally go with the lancer ralliart if u are not going to get the CIVIC SI, and the lancer has plenty of power... dont listen to what other people say, u need to go test drive the car urself and make the right decision.

That.Guy.S30
12-13-2005, 11:29 PM
the ralliart is no slouch by any means. espeically compared to all the non SI civics.

likwid
12-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Ralliart by far..

?????
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by riced
Yes, every time i see a car with the blue HID's i want it even more myself. I can't wait to get my car and install them in it.

I am not too interested in the CSX, even IF it includes the HID's or whatnot.

But is the Civic Coupe (not the SI) still better than the Lancer Ralliart model? and Mazda 3 is not my style haha, it seems a little too girly for me, no offence to owners of the Mazda 3.

At least i have retrofitted HID's. :devil:

Get the civic.

mo_money2supe
12-14-2005, 12:11 AM
:banghead: I stand corrected! I thought you were talking about the Civic Si. In that case, the Ralliart may be better on power then. But like someone else said, resale value isn't gonna be very good on the Mitsu if you care much about that. But overall though, I'd still recommend the Civic, even if it is underpowered. Just my $0.02.

infected
12-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Civic

DelSoln
12-14-2005, 02:02 AM
If you really are an all show no go type of guy then go with the Ralliart edition. Cosmetically they are a very appealing car and they still have a little zip to them. That being said don't be one of those ralliart owners that think their car is an Evo.

heavyD
12-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Ralliart > Non Si Civic

Looks are subjective but the 2.4L engine in the Ralliart is smooth and torquey and the shifter is from the EVO which is nice & smooth. Don't listen to people that say a Civic will be more reliable as the Lancer is built just as well as any Civic, plus its 5 year bumper to bumper & 10 year powertrain warranty is better because after 3 years in a civic you are on your own and you will be stuck paying for the eventual water pump or worn synchros that seem to be Honda weak spots.

My wife has had her 2005 Ralliart for just over a year now and it's her favorite car she's ever owned and her last cars were 2002 Protoge 5, 1998 Civic SE, 1994 Accord. We've had no problems and she gets lots of comments.

GSR Zero
12-14-2005, 09:39 AM
If you are at all considering resale value get the Civic. The Lancer's are a pain to try to sell.

Aleks
12-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Go drive them both. It should be clear which car is better overall ;)

That.Guy.S30
12-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
If you really are an all show no go type of guy then go with the Ralliart edition. Cosmetically they are a very appealing car and they still have a little zip to them. That being said don't be one of those ralliart owners that think their car is an Evo.

just to let everyone know the ralliart is 162hp (underrated) compared to the hondas (Ex sedan) 140 horses.

but since you are also in the 20, 000 range have you considered mazda 3, subaru impreza 2.5i (one thousand more than the ralliart), there are alot of cars in your price range.

Eride
12-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I own an 04 Ralliart, and personally enjoy it quite a bit. It is not the most refined car on the road, but the 162hp and 162Tq make it really fun to drive. I also really like the looks of the new Civic's, and am sure they would be a great car to own. As stated the resale on the RA is going to be pretty poor, but when I was in the market for a car, I test drove the Mazda 3, and the SER Spec V, and I choose the RA hands down. I guess if you are an all show and no go guy, also consider aftermarket parts, the RA is coming as far as whats available (body kits, hoods, trunks, interior parts) but give it a year and there will be more parts out for the Civic. All in all very happy with the RA, know lots of guys who drive them and all of them love them as well... It sure ain't an evo, but its good for now! Happy hunting.

riced
12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Yes sorry to confuse you all before about not including that i'm not getting the Si.

I still am leaning towards the Ralliart, i am not too worried about the resale value because i am positive this car is gonna HAVE to be my car for as long as i can get my own (another 4 - 7 years), so no, resale is not a problem.

and you are right, my range is from 20,000 to about max 26,000. I am not interested at all in the mazda 3, it just doesn't seem to suit me. it is a nice car, but still... not my type. and the subaru impreza was one of my options also, but i heard that when the time comes to go for tune ups and if you have problems, its tough because they are hard to fix. but again, out of the lancer and civic.. the lancer seems a more reasonable choice.

a lot of you say civic because of resale value and more reliable than the lancer, but no reason. your opinions on the lancer are far better and i think the civic is just a little too new for anyone to know much about. For now i am staying with the lancer since theres so many aftermarket parts for it while civic probably has close to none... i am indeed the all show no go type of guy.

thanks for all the replies guys.

Z24_3.1.
12-14-2005, 10:52 AM
i like the new civic just wait untill the 200HP one isout :D

riced
12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Eride
I own an 04 Ralliart, and personally enjoy it quite a bit. It is not the most refined car on the road, but the 162hp and 162Tq make it really fun to drive. I also really like the looks of the new Civic's, and am sure they would be a great car to own. As stated the resale on the RA is going to be pretty poor, but when I was in the market for a car, I test drove the Mazda 3, and the SER Spec V, and I choose the RA hands down. I guess if you are an all show and no go guy, also consider aftermarket parts, the RA is coming as far as whats available (body kits, hoods, trunks, interior parts) but give it a year and there will be more parts out for the Civic. All in all very happy with the RA, know lots of guys who drive them and all of them love them as well... It sure ain't an evo, but its good for now! Happy hunting.

yes, i totally agree with you. the Mazda 3 was not great in my opinion and the SER Spec V wasn't that great to drive either. all i have left ot drive is the Ralliart. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the lancer as much as you do, that is probably what im gonna get unless something changes.

Eride
12-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Also the lease and finance rates are way better with Mitsu, as well as warranty. If you really are all show no go, consider an ES lancer, gutless as anything, but you can put the other cash into mods. PM me if you want some good sites for aftermarket stuff man.

That.Guy.S30
12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
riced: i think you should go test drive the impreza and the lancer side by side. they are both pretty fun. it got some more horses this year 176 too. miantaince is like any other car. except when it comes time for major services. AWD is a plus in canadian weather lol.