PDA

View Full Version : World Health Club

Manifesto55
12-13-2005, 10:24 PM
How much is a membership? I'm getting sick of the foothills gym and am considering joining world health at north hill mall. Anyone else there and know the prices??

89coupe
12-13-2005, 10:55 PM
$50/mth

V6-BoI
12-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
$50/mth

$50/month? What the, I'm paying 60/month at the one in edgemont.

crazyning
12-14-2005, 12:02 AM
$50/Month? I had no idea World Health Club was that much. There's a sign by the Work Out World in the Franklin Industrial area that says it's $19.99. A co-worker of mine says that there's pretty good equipment there, and there's lots of entertainment.

If only the memberships were $7/month. How can anybody sell memberships for that much?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

it depends on the location you go to

~Leah~
12-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Gold's Northland is about 45-50.

V6-BoI
12-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

it depends on the location you go to

I thought only the one downtown in bankers hall was more expensive, and all the other ones were the same. :dunno:

sputnik
12-14-2005, 09:30 AM

I thought only the one downtown in bankers hall was more expensive, and all the other ones were the same. :dunno:

The downtown location (located at the Bay) and the Edgemont locations are the 2 that are more expensive.

Personally I find the Bay location too small and always crowded and I live far from Edgemont so it isnt worth it to go to either.

GSR Zero
12-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Ya $50 for the basic membership that gets you into most World Health Clubs. $60 if you want access to Edgemont. I can't remember how much for the Bay Club but its more than $60.

lint
12-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Gold's Northland is about 45-50.

Gold's is preselling for their new Northgate location (old Ikea). First phase, $11 biweekly (> $25/month) + $99 initiation (two years, retarded fee). But you don't start paying your weekly dues until it's completed in March next year, and in the meantime you get to use northland for free.

89coupe
12-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Sucks to be you I guess...LOL.

The Edgemont club has a shitty layout as well.

I usually go to the North Hill location or the Macleod one.

sputnik
12-14-2005, 01:28 PM
I go to the Macleod one... usually go around 4pm in the afternoon.

I paid $795 for 2 years last year ($33.50/month)

V6-BoI
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Sucks to be you I guess...LOL.

The Edgemont club has a shitty layout as well.

I usually go to the North Hill location or the Macleod one.

I dunno I think the layout is alright. But I haven't been to any of the other WHC's so I can't really compare.

Manifesto55
12-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Is the $50/month the only thing you pay? Is there some kind of yearly fee as well? I can remember ppl complaining about the year long contract but don't know what the deal is. They post NOTHING about prices on the website.

Manifesto55
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by lint

Gold's is preselling for their new Northgate location (old Ikea). First phase, $11 biweekly (> $25/month) + $99 initiation (two years, retarded fee). But you don't start paying your weekly dues until it's completed in March next year, and in the meantime you get to use northland for free.

Okay, but come March next year would you still have access to the northland Golds?

2.4l
12-14-2005, 05:40 PM
go to golds whc is too busy

lint
12-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Manifesto55

Okay, but come March next year would you still have access to the northland Golds?

Technically you are only supposed to have access to another golds 14 times a year. However in this case, they are owned by the same guy and they actually have no real way of tracking useage.

V6-BoI
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Manifesto55
Is the $50/month the only thing you pay? Is there some kind of yearly fee as well? I can remember ppl complaining about the year long contract but don't know what the deal is. They post NOTHING about prices on the website.

I also had to pay an initiation fee which was like 90 bucks, plus taxes. My WHC pass is gonna cost quite a bit. With everything included, taxes, initiation fee, I end up paying over 800 bucks for my yearly pass. But I guess since you pay monthly it doesn't seem as bad

Ghettobaby
12-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I just switched from golds to whc, because golds was way to busy. The only times golds is not busy is at night, around 3-4 pm or right when they open. At whc even when you can't find parking in the lots, once inside it doesnt feel crowded theirs plenty of room, plus considering everything they have their its a much better deal than golds.

~Leah~
12-15-2005, 01:18 AM

Technically you are only supposed to have access to another golds 14 times a year. However in this case, they are owned by the same guy and they actually have no real way of tracking useage.

We do have a way of tracking, but honestly, we don't pay much attention to it. I've seen the layout of the new Gold's and it looks awesome, I'm helping pick out a lot of stuff for it too, it's gonna be sweet, I wanna transfer there haha

lint
12-15-2005, 02:07 AM

We do have a way of tracking, but honestly, we don't pay much attention to it. I've seen the layout of the new Gold's and it looks awesome, I'm helping pick out a lot of stuff for it too, it's gonna be sweet, I wanna transfer there haha

shrug, that's what Jinan told me. works out for me, I work near northgate, live near northland.

outdoor hot tubs...sweet.

~Leah~
12-15-2005, 04:03 AM

shrug, that's what Jinan told me. works out for me, I work near northgate, live near northland.

outdoor hot tubs...sweet.

So are you working out at Gold's now then? Say hi to me sometime

sputnik
12-15-2005, 07:30 AM

I also had to pay an initiation fee which was like 90 bucks, plus taxes. My WHC pass is gonna cost quite a bit. With everything included, taxes, initiation fee, I end up paying over 800 bucks for my yearly pass. But I guess since you pay monthly it doesn't seem as bad

I think you can pay for 2 years outright for $895 right now. If you have the cash you are probably much better off with that.

lint
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM

So are you working out at Gold's now then? Say hi to me sometime

Yeah, started back up this week. I would but I have no idea who you are.

AD_Runner
12-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I get mine for $20.00 a month -- :thumbsup:

~Leah~
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM

Yeah, started back up this week. I would but I have no idea who you are.

Check out the trainer bio's on the wall by the couches... don't bother reading it lol, but there's a pic there. Then look for me training people.

lint
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM

Check out the trainer bio's on the wall by the couches... don't bother reading it lol, but there's a pic there. Then look for me training people.

Well, if that isn't an invitation to stalk you.... :D

jay42w8
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
i pay 70 month downtown...but i get access to any of the locations

AllGoNoShow
12-16-2005, 10:34 PM
omg I'm retarded, LEAH WORKS WITH ME :D:D

Never put 2 and 2 together hahahahha awsome!

Anyways yah, we do have ways to track who comes in but choose not too.

Northland or Northgate you can get some good deals at Golds. If you plan on using your membership for awhile you can get soem awsome deals through us. I know my buddy at WHC could get cheaper at Golds but he has 10 months left at WHC, but he uses his membership so its worth it for him.

shaggy69
12-16-2005, 10:35 PM
i been to world health club, village square leisure center, and workout world.

Workout World is the best.

~Leah~
12-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
omg I'm retarded, LEAH WORKS WITH ME :D:D

Never put 2 and 2 together hahahahha awsome!

Anyways yah, we do have ways to track who comes in but choose not too.

Northland or Northgate you can get some good deals at Golds. If you plan on using your membership for awhile you can get soem awsome deals through us. I know my buddy at WHC could get cheaper at Golds but he has 10 months left at WHC, but he uses his membership so its worth it for him.

Haha you mean you work with me now, I've been there for a year :P lol

Well now that you've put 2 and 2 together, we can start our Beyond takeover of Gold's Gym Northland. muwahahaahaha.... :whipped: I got nothin.

AllGoNoShow
12-17-2005, 01:00 PM
lol I wonder how many Golds members are on here....

jay42w8
12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
hahah my question to leah is how u can balance being founder of Beyond Drinking Team AND maintain a healthy body at the same time haha...how ironic

AllGoNoShow
12-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Well from the story she told me today, leader of Beyond Drinking Team slept for 3 hours at work because of her partying ;), or as she called it, shes not passed out, shes carbing up. :D

~Leah~
12-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
hahah my question to leah is how u can balance being founder of Beyond Drinking Team AND maintain a healthy body at the same time haha...how ironic

I do it in moderation! But when I go, I go hard haha

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Well from the story she told me today, leader of Beyond Drinking Team slept for 3 hours at work because of her partying ;), or as she called it, shes not passed out, shes carbing up. :D

Now, now, the stories I tell you at work, and you heard MANY today, stay at work! And I slept cuz I had nothing to do, when I don't have appointments, my job is boring

AllGoNoShow
12-18-2005, 06:00 PM
bahaha, yah ok. Whats said at work stays at work :D

ADD ;)

~Leah~
12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
LOL yes, well now you can confirm that I have the worst case of ADD ever... I'll finish my story sometime I swear

00CivicSi
12-22-2005, 08:00 PM
The Northland Gold's has a climbing wall. Havn't tried it yet but will someday!

AllGoNoShow
12-22-2005, 08:17 PM
2 buddies tried it out tonight, they like it. Good cardio workout. I think I may have to give it a shot too looks like fun :D

00CivicSi
12-23-2005, 01:48 AM
The wall behind it looks kinda scary though so close. I'm afraid to fall of at the top and crack my back open

~Leah~
12-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
The wall behind it looks kinda scary though so close. I'm afraid to fall of at the top and crack my back open

I certify people on that wall every day... don't be an ass and you won't get hurt.

And yeah James.... work out you lazy fuck! lol... Or else I might just do your hair for you again

lint
12-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi

That's what the harness and rope are there for. And when you fall, you fall down, not out. So unless you decide to kick wildly at the wall to push you away from it, you really don't have much to worry about.

AllGoNoShow
12-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I did workout yesterday but you wouldn't know because YOU LEFT US!!!!!!!!!!!

You should cert me on the wall when you get back so I can kill myself or hurt myself and get workers comp:D

00CivicSi
12-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I'll hafta try it one day. Hafta get in shape first and lose the fat but until then I'll just stare at it everyday.

AllGoNoShow
12-23-2005, 07:55 PM
hahaha, come tell me who you are next time ur in, im James at the front desk *most days*

~Leah~
12-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Get to work lazy ass. Lol.. damn rights I left you, I'm in Saskatoon now :) I will cert you on the wall one day

00CivicSi
12-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Lol I'll wait on the wall thing. I think I'm gonna try a Ultimate Bacon sandwich first!

snade831
12-24-2005, 02:47 AM
i work at goodlife fitness...
if u are looking at a year term, you pay an annual processing fee of 39, a one time card fee of 19, then from there u have two choices. you can pay an enrolment fee of 299 or how ever much you would like to put down (but if u continue your membership after one year you never have to pay that ever again!) then you're biweekly payments would be 14.
the other option would be not to pay the enrolment fee, and pay about 26 biweekely.
for joining, u also get a starter kit valued at 500 bones. it includes a mio heart rate monitor watch, gym bag, jacket and workout shirt fitted to your size, a free tan, and finally a full visual fitness planner consultation! wow! great deal... haha
ANYWAY. im not trying to sell it, just trying to help out. if u live in the north there is a richmond and country hills location... but i think one of them is womens only.

good luck!

colinderksen
12-24-2005, 06:33 PM
The trainers at WHC are like stereo salesmen. fuckin annoying and scavengers

~Leah~
12-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen
Agreed!!

ca2p3r
12-25-2005, 02:35 PM
go to northland gold's . they have the best women lol :love:

AllGoNoShow
12-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen

Very true, never give them your phone number.

My buddy was called daily for about 3-4 weeks before he got his membership there. Even after he got his membership he still gets calls asking if he wants to join, when he already has, Bunch dumbass' there.

~Leah~
12-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
go to northland gold's . they have the best women lol :love:
See, he knows... lol

AllGoNoShow
12-25-2005, 02:47 PM
lol I'm not allowed to say whos hot or not but GOD DAMN!!!!