PDA

View Full Version : Impark

sexualbanana
02-27-2003, 01:38 AM
So I got a ticket at an Impark lot last saturday. I was going to buy a ticket, but there was not posted price.
B18C got a ticket too and he said that he just paid it and when he said that the price was not posted they said it was.

so if i were to take a picture of it now (with the date) would it count as evidence? or because the date on a camera can be set, will it not count for anything?

FiveFreshFish
02-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Don't pay Impark tickets.

04blackMAX
02-27-2003, 01:59 AM
yeah man never pay inpark hahaha...they even know u wont

mrmattyk
02-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Wait, if you park at another Impark parking lot wont they tow your car if you have an unpaid ticket?

MistaBrent
02-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
Wait, if you park at another Impark parking lot wont they tow your car if you have an unpaid ticket?

As long as its not the city you dont have to worry.

I always get those tickets LOL, then there collections letters.

its so funny getting collection letters for $20-40. They threaten legal action ahahhahahahahha.

GTS Jeff
02-27-2003, 02:57 AM
dont pay it but be careful where u park in the future

Stratus_Power
02-27-2003, 10:01 AM
if its only 20 bucks then just pay it and save yourself the trouble of worrying where to park

hinggu
02-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Better be careful... i have heard some people who have had collection agencies after them from impark and it totally screws with your credit

bigboom
02-27-2003, 10:08 AM
i would call impark to explain your situation...i just got a ticket where i actually did pay but they gave me one anyways because they didnt see my receipt. i just explained to them and they cancelled my ticket.

Ferio_vti
02-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Don't pay it. Impark is in court right now and losing tons of money. Hehe, anyone else notice a lot of Impark lot are now another company??
Legally you only have to pay for the time your car was there, not the ticket they put on you window.
ie, you pay $3, but its $10 for the day, you owe them $7 and not $20.

sexualbanana
02-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by hinggu
Better be careful... i have heard some people who have had collection agencies after them from impark and it totally screws with your credit

actually they can't touch ur credit

ls/vtec-crx
02-27-2003, 12:38 PM
don't pay for impark tickets it's a private company. i've had like 4 tickets from them and haven't paid 1 and it's been a long time and nobody has called or anything. trust me they won't do anything i know alot of people that don't pay for impark tickets

szw
02-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Legally you only have to pay for the time your car was there, not the ticket they put on you window.
ie, you pay $3, but its $10 for the day, you owe them $7 and not $20.

Not if its written there (where you are supposed to buy the ticket) that there is a $20 fine or whatever.

cocoabrova
02-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Sort of related: What about Sterling?? I've got tickets on both my cars from their lots:guns:

D-MON
02-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
So I got a ticket at an Impark lot last saturday. I was going to buy a ticket, but there was not posted price.
B18C got a ticket too and he said that he just paid it and when he said that the price was not posted they said it was.

so if i were to take a picture of it now (with the date) would it count as evidence? or because the date on a camera can be set, will it not count for anything?

take a picture of it with todays paper in the shot showing the date. But i dunno if it'll help any?:dunno:

Speed_RaSiR
02-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Impark tickets are free, its like Monopoly money...

missblondie
02-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Ya, I was wondering about sterling too.. have any of you guys had experience with that company?

veedub
02-27-2003, 06:44 PM
dont pay!!! they cant touch your credit or tow your car they just lost a big law suite for towing and if they call u, threaten to sue them and they will stop calling he he :thumbsup:

CRXguy
02-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah, no need to pay and your credit won't be affected in any way. Last time I got one was last year. Got a couple phone calls, a couple of letters, then nothing after that. Bitches! :rofl:

szw
02-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by veedub
dont pay!!! they cant touch your credit or tow your car they just lost a big law suite for towing and if they call u, threaten to sue them and they will stop calling he he :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure they can legally tow the car.

If you have too many tickets and worried about getting towed, then switch licence plate with another car in your family..haha

EG STyLeZ
02-27-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah they can tow your shit if you park there again, but for sure don't pay it!! they can't do shit, they'll hassle you a bit though.

RCBVtec
02-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Don't pay it... a friend of mine has a bunch of impark tickets (15+) and hasn't paid one of them, they sent a few letters but that was it. I haven't heard of anyone actually getting towed, but they do have the right. I have 1 unpaid impark ticket, never heard a thing, and still park in impark lots.

CrAzY_PLaYa
02-27-2003, 08:18 PM
i got a $20 ticket from the Parking Enforcement Officers :s not impark

fcuk_it
02-27-2003, 08:18 PM
its bullshiet that they will fcuk your credit or get a collection agency after you... they did this investigation on global and the most they can do to you is take you to small claims court, but it costs then 100 bucks to take you to court and if they win you juss have to pay the $3 parking fee, so its too much of a hassle for them to do that... its all threats!!!!!!!!!!

ninjak84
02-27-2003, 08:53 PM
This reminds me of that loan shop on McLeod Trail.
Last summer, they repo'ed two 1980's Porsches!!! They had em parked outside for a bit, then sold the two cars.

girlRACER
02-27-2003, 10:45 PM
I think Impark is a bit unfair with their fines. Last week I parked at the Eau Claire meters and I put in money. I was only expired by 10 minutes which would only cost 50 cents and they gave me a $70 ticket if it wasn't paid within 3 days. :thumbsdow That's more expensive than a city parking ticket!!

I'm glad I read this thread. I'm not going to pay it then.

szw
02-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I think Impark is a bit unfair with their fines. Last week I parked at the Eau Claire meters and I put in money. I was only expired by 10 minutes which would only cost 50 cents and they gave me a $70 ticket if it wasn't paid within 3 days. :thumbsdow That's more expensive than a city parking ticket!!

I'm glad I read this thread. I'm not going to pay it then.

How much is it if you pay within the 3 days? Its a good tactic to get people's money before they talk to someone else and are told to ignore the ticket!

And the expired by 10 minutes...well thats the same as anything else. They don't know that...

Anyways guys impark has to feed their familes too! hahaha jk

Redlyne_mr2
02-28-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by hinggu
Both of Canadas major credit bureaus do not report delinquent parking ticket so you're perfectly fine...dont bother paying that tickets that company is full of crooks and by threatening you with legal action they are actually breaking the law..just make sure you stay out of their lots for a while

James
03-01-2003, 05:40 AM
I got a BS Ticket from Impark last year, i Waited for the Letter in the Mail, then called the Head office( Which is in Vancouver) and by then my Lisence plate was on another car of mine , So i just Said there was a mix-up becuase i dont even own a Tempo! :rofl:...Suckers! :D...If they dont leave you alone just call and Make up Some BS Story that it Wasnt you, could work, :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
03-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by szw

I'm pretty sure they can legally tow the car.

If you have too many tickets and worried about getting towed, then switch licence plate with another car in your family..haha

When it's time to renew your registration, just get a new plate at the same time. Doesn't cost you any more if done at renewal.