PDA

View Full Version : Watered down Canadian Hondas?

Vitesse951
02-27-2003, 02:43 AM
I am new to this forum, I found my way here watching some of Rage2's Videos on Rennlist, the Porsche Forum... Which by the way those videos kick ass. :burnout:
Most everyone on Rennlist seem to be old, and consequently abhor street racing... So I guess I need a new forum.

My question is, Why do you guys get such watered down versions of hondas in Canada? I read that your SI makes the same power as an American EX model. Are there really stringent emissions laws or something? Is this a common thing with all cars or is it just hondas?

boi-alien
02-27-2003, 02:49 AM
the Si in canada is the equivalent to your EX coupe models...

the SiR is the canadian counterpart of the US Si model

szw
02-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Same cars different badge names, for god knows what reason.

GTS Jeff
02-27-2003, 02:56 AM
actually, i "abhor" organized street racing too.

Vitesse951
02-27-2003, 02:59 AM
Jesus you people reply fast. I usually get replies in a few hours on Rennlist.

szw
02-27-2003, 03:03 AM
Thats what happends when your staying up all night studying for an exam the next day. And studying is too boring...haha

Vitesse951
02-27-2003, 03:06 AM
Jeff- Maybe if you got a faster car you would like it better :)

GTS Jeff
02-27-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Vitesse951
Jeff- Maybe if you got a faster car you would like it better :) i bet my 81 hyundai accent gt-r trackpack naws edition x-tuned sonicspeed model is wayyyyyy faster than your porsche :D

mrmattyk
02-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i bet my 81 hyundai accent gt-r trackpack naws edition x-tuned sonicspeed model is wayyyyyy faster than your porsche :D

yeah, that's right :rofl:

three.eighteen.
02-27-2003, 03:33 AM
street racing is pretty ghey...a short sprint from lights for like a block or 2 is ok...but going 10-tenths thru residential areas is retardimicated

rage2
02-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Welcome to beyond!

Most everyone on Rennlist seem to be old, and consequently abhor street racing... So I guess I need a new forum.

haha so true. God knows how many of those "don't speed at all" threads I've seen. While I don't race on the street, I do speed lightly on my daily commutes :D.

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
but going 10-tenths thru residential areas is retardimicated

oops. :D

Speed_RaSiR
02-27-2003, 10:24 AM
I am new to this forum, I found my way here watching some of Rage2's Videos on Rennlist, the Porsche Forum... Which by the way those videos kick ass. :burnout:

My question is, Why do you guys get such watered down versions of hondas in Canada? I read that your SI makes the same power as an American EX model. Are there really stringent emissions laws or something? Is this a common thing with all cars or is it just hondas?

Watered down?

All our cars are almost exactly the same as UDSM Honda versions, just different badging.

In terms of my car, its better then the USDM model,

CDM - SiR Comes in Silver - Has ABS
USDM - Si - No ABS - No Silver

Ferio_vti
02-27-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

Watered down?

All our cars are almost exactly the same as UDSM Honda versions, just different badging.

But the US EX is a bit better than our Si. Color matched trim and side skirt. And 4 disc I believe.
And we never got the stupid HX here either

And it doesn't stop there, same with Acuras.

ie, we lost the Teg sedan in '96 for the El, which is the same engine spec as your Civic EX sedan. But the EL is a better deal, more lux than the Civic. But it sucked that was lost the Teg sedan for it. No GS-R sedan here cuz of that :(

benyl
02-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

Watered down?

As above, we get better colors... AND heated seats!!!! You should see how many Accord owners on AV6.com complain that they don't get heated seats!

Not only that, dollar for dollar our cars are cheaper...

haha,

b.

Vitesse951
02-27-2003, 01:41 PM
I take back what i said about them being watered down. I didnt know Canada even got a 160hp version. Thats Odd that they badge differently... The US and Canada are practically the same market.

benyl
02-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Acutally, if anything, we don't usually get a bottom of the barrel car. There are a lot of cars here that you can't get with manual windows anymore, standard transmission or the base 4-cylinder motor. We also get fewer trim levels. Smaller market so we get more focused vehicle with what most people want or can afford.

Daddymax
02-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Rage???? not street race??? hmmm... must have been somebody else I raced twice! :)

syeve
02-27-2003, 04:02 PM
we get white type-s rsx with black leather instead of tan...muahaha, I think I've said this like ten times...I need a hobbie.

rage2
02-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
Rage???? not street race??? hmmm... must have been somebody else I raced twice! :)

busted :D.

boi-alien
02-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax

i don't think he considers run ins with us as races.... i mean, we don't exactly put up much of a fight! :rofl: :rofl:

Ferio_vti
03-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by syeve
we get white type-s rsx with black leather instead of tan...muahaha, I think I've said this like ten times...I need a hobbie.

But, we didn't get Black ITR's :(

Fuji
03-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Welcome to beyond!

haha so true. God knows how many of those "don't speed at all" threads I've seen. While I don't race on the street, I do speed lightly on my daily commutes :D.

oops. :D

Define lightly...:D

Superesc
03-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

Define lightly...:D

Close to light speed?:burnout: :D