PDA

View Full Version : Break ins and car thefts, U of C campus.

dresden_k
12-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Anyone else had their car broken into or stolen while parked on the U of C campus or close to it?

My car was broken into last week and I've talked to a number of other people who've experienced similar things.

I'm trying to deduce whether or not there's an abnormally high number of these things going on...

Toms-SC
12-14-2005, 11:24 AM
yes

That.Guy.S30
12-14-2005, 11:28 AM
you guys know whast funny tho. they can afford to get campus security darangos and new 4 runners but they cant keep an eye on our cars, even tho we pay for parking! you think with the amount we pay them everyday for parking they can hire 1 or 2 rent a cops to look out for anythign suspicous in a freakin parking lot.

Ben
12-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Just a handful of threads, there seems to be a new story every month.

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2165367&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

szw
12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
you guys know whast funny tho. they can afford to get campus security darangos and new 4 runners but they cant keep an eye on our cars, even tho we pay for parking! you think with the amount we pay them everyday for parking they can hire 1 or 2 rent a cops to look out for anythign suspicous in a freakin parking lot.

I'm sure they don't care, it doesn't affect them. Maybe smash a toll booth everytime a car is stolen and they will start to care.

Mckenzie
12-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah I've heard about this as well.

My friend also got her laptop stolen last two nights ago from Scurfeild Hall when she went to the bathroom. I guess there was even people in the classroom where she was studying and they didnt say anything to the POS that stole it. :thumbsdow

davidI
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

My friend also got her laptop stolen last two nights ago from Scurfeild Hall when she went to the bathroom. I guess there was even people in the classroom where she was studying and they didnt say anything to the POS that stole it. :thumbsdow

watch ebay. One of my buddies laptops got stolen from teh school and it showed up on ebay a week later...I'm not sure what he's doing about it. I know he put the highest bid down but whether he was going to drop kick the dude in the face or get the police involved I'm not really sure.

Neil4Speed
12-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

Thats really worrying man, I always study there and when I go to the bathroom I usually don't take it with me (because it looks bad when you walk out with a laptop :D

I hope your friend gets her notebook back

Mckenzie
12-16-2005, 02:33 PM
haha yeah I do it too....I guess thats what happens when you get complacent. :dunno:

I guess we are all now better informed of scum bag fuckers stealing stuff from poor students.

Mo Squared
12-17-2005, 11:36 PM
ya my buddy's car was stolen from McMahon a month ago, and after looking for it for a week and taking the bus, it was found in airdrie??....then it got broken into AGAIN this week but wasnt stolen this time (because he bought one of those steering locks)....:thumbsdow