PDA

View Full Version : SHIPPING! advice please...

Speed_RaSiR
02-27-2003, 10:27 AM
I will be shipping a bumper to Toronto, what is the best method of doing this? Fed Ex? I have no Idea. How much do you think it would cost,

Advice Please,

Glowrider
02-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I usually use FedEx, and have never had any problems.

Ferio_vti
02-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Best would be to shop around.
Personally, I've recieve a bumper via UPS, they were good, but that was from the USA.

Actually, if speed is not an issue, try Greyhound. Cheaper than Fedex, UPS and Purolator. They're supposed to be pretty good.

SI-vic
02-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I always ship through UPS on Ebay, you can also give them a tracking # so that they can find out where the package is and stuff.... its pretty good.

max_boost
02-27-2003, 03:10 PM
ARe you wrapping the bumper and boxing it yourself? I'm thinking of letting mail boxes etc. for packaging my wheels.....
Most websites have pretty detailed descriptions and estimate calculators for info

bol
02-27-2003, 03:17 PM
i don't trust MBE at all max. I shipped a computer with them once and I swear that the lady who worked their dropped the monitor on the ground the second I left. It was 80lbs, I knew she couldn't handle it and offered to help move it... she denied.

few days later it was delivered completely smashed, and had a note on it saying that when UPS picked it up from MBE that the box was very damaged.

max_boost
02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
hey bol, which location was this at?
Hmmm......which company do you guys suggest?

bol
02-27-2003, 03:25 PM
it was the one in beddington mall.

i like fedex, i've never had any problem with them.

ups has damaged a few of my shipments, same with canada post.

Speed_RaSiR
02-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know what something like this might cost? I called around and they couldnt give me an estimate without weight and dimensions, which I am unsure of, anyone got a ballpark figure?

szw
02-27-2003, 04:07 PM
I shipped my rims with fedex easily. Had to make an account, wait a couple days, then just go online, print out some stickers to put on your package, then drop them off at the location (or they will pick it up for free I think..not sure).

The rims arrived in perfect condition, and I think fedex charges less brokerage fees than UPS. (not sure how the fees work when going to the states)

D-MON
02-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Actually, if speed is not an issue, try Greyhound. Cheaper than Fedex, UPS and Purolator. They're supposed to be pretty good.

:werd:
Been using them for years. It all depends if you want insurance on the package or not or how tightly you package the bumper (size of the box) to find out how much it's gonna cost. To toronto i would guesstimate in the 60ish dollar range though. If you live in the Calgary area.