PDA

View Full Version : Brake-Checking (Road Rage leads to murder)

Euro_Trash
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
ARAPAHOE COUNTY - The man who investigators say used his car as a weapon in killing two people on E-470 last month made his first court appearance Wednesday.

If convicted, Jason Reynolds of Parker faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Long time investigators with the Colorado State Patrol say there is no precedent set when it comes to charging an apparent road rage suspect with first-degree murder.

Prosecutors say although Reynolds didn't fire a gun or use a knife, he did turn his car into a weapon. Officials say he became angry with another driver while driving on westbound E-470 on Nov. 8.

Prosecutors report Reynolds slammed on his brakes directly in front of another car, causing a chain of events which killed two men. One man died after his car hit Reynolds' and the other was killed in a car driving the opposite direction.

No bond has been set for Reynolds, so he'll stay in jail until his preliminary hearing on Jan. 30. If he does leave jail, a judge has ruled he cannot drive.

Reynolds has a long history of aggressive driving, according to CSP. Officials sent him a warning letter six weeks before the accident.

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx...ca7bf

infected
12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Reynolds has a long history of aggressive driving...

Glad he's finally off the roads.

GQBalla
12-14-2005, 05:54 PM
hrmmm
might want to think about brake checkin next time

Euro_Trash
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
hrmmm
might want to think about brake checkin next time

Exactly what I thought

sputnik
12-14-2005, 06:49 PM
the link is broken

Raz2
12-14-2005, 06:54 PM
lol, look at the ad for Performance Calipers!

What about all the fucks that jam on their brakes if they "feel" they are following too close?

I think next time, I won't brake, I'll run right into the back of them, survive, and throw feces and jujubees at them.

- Rasmus.

handsomebassman
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Raz2
lol, look at the ad for Performance Calipers!

What about all the fucks that jam on their brakes if they "feel" they are following too close?

I think next time, I won't brake, I'll run right into the back of them, survive, and throw feces and jujubees at them.

- Rasmus.
lol. Maybe some ziplock bags of urine as well.

ricefarmer
12-14-2005, 07:30 PM
he probably full out locked his brakes while travelling on the highway and planned to do so to leave no chance for the person following to react:thumbsdow
but some times you gotta do it, I did it to some woman last night who was riding my ass through my community probably less than a car length. I was doing the speed limit so i slowed to 30 that seemed to piss her off more so i break checked her, funny cuz she backed off like half a block after

DC2
12-14-2005, 09:30 PM
^^ that seems like the way to do it.

and working for a rental car company at the airport with 4 other companies there are alot of brake checks along that service road.

Euro_Trash
12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Yea I dont brake check either, I just slow down to some ridiculous speed.

darkbanana
12-15-2005, 12:05 AM
Just flash your brakes a couple times, slow down a lot then they will get they idea, but only in communties, not cool on major roads.