PDA

View Full Version : Credit Bureau Prob...

hampstor
12-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Today I had ABHC call me about an outstanding payment (yes i know...i should have paid it). However part way through the conversation, they had mentioned that they had pulled my credit bureau and told me i could pay it with my credit card (they said I had more then enough room on my credit card to pay for it too).

I was a lil distrurbed by this and have asked them to send me an email of the conversation.

I am not sure what I should do, however I feel they have checked on something that I find extremely confidential without my consent. In addition it was a government agency that contacted me as well.

Now keep in mind that I've paid the balance I owe and I am not trying to get out of it by using this.

I don't want to hear someone say... "suck it up" because if anyone there can pull my credit bureau they can also take the information I have and I could be dealing with identify fraud in the future (again). Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas once i get in writing the transcript of the conversation?

RickDaTuner
12-14-2005, 09:28 PM
be glad the government didn't just pull the money out from your bank account... "Garnishing wages" i think its called...

anyone who pulls up your credit report will see what credit cards you have or had and what your balance is on all of them, along with how much credit you have...

but it wasn't as you are trying to point out very prudent for what ever agent called your to rub that in your face

Z_Fan
12-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I actually believe it is illegal for anyone - including a bank - to pull your file without your express consent. Sue the fuckers.

hampstor
12-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I actually believe it is illegal for anyone - including a bank - to pull your file without your express consent. Sue the fuckers.

I should have clarified, ABHC = Alberta Health Care

R!zz0
12-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Sue the fuckers.

Can't do jackshit. Do you have a lawyer? Call your lawyer and see what the lawyer has to say. You can't sue them but you can threaten them. I had a cop tear down my license plate invisible cover for photo radar and i told him not to ever touch my fucking car without a warrant.

rage2
12-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Just be glad it's not CCRA aka Canada Customs and Revenue Agency formerly Revenue Canada. haha sucks dealing with them, they'll take your house if they want!

And ya, government has power to garnish wages. I've had it happen to me for a few years, it sucked!

AD_Runner
12-15-2005, 01:35 PM
And before a Garishment can be taken out of anyone's pay it has to be filed -- We handle them here all the time --- Just make sure you contact someone about this issue -- always BETTER safe then sorry --