PDA

View Full Version : wheel question for an olds

frumpy
12-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Right now Im looking into (and almost sure I will be) buying a 1996 oldsmobile delta 88 LSS. I just had a few questions about getting some new wheels for it. Is there anywhere I could order online, and prefebly in Canada. Secondly Im not sure on what size rim to go with. I will be using the stock rims with snow tires on during the winter. I was thinking of 18-20" rims but im not sure if that would be a problem without lowering the car (or possibly adjustable suspension?).

thanks for any help

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/750000-750999/750670_7_full.jpg
this isnt the exact car Im looking at but the same thing

tirebob
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Finding rim options that fit this vehicle *properly* will be tough. The reason being that the bolt pattern is 5-115, which just isn't addressed very well by the manufacturers. Many people will suggest you use a 5-114.3, which is very common and will fit onto the vehicle, but I do not recommend at all that you do this as it will cause the wheel studs to squeeze in slightly when tightened down, which could cause structural problems to the wheel studs. Not safe enough in my opinion to justify.

That being said, find 5-115 options is definitely possible, but you will not have near as much selection of styles...

frumpy
12-16-2005, 01:02 PM
I was looking on your site and found some 20s that I like, do you think that would have any problems with rubbing (or looking gross without being lowered)

tirebob
12-16-2005, 03:05 PM
20's will be alarge for sure, but it is doable. You may need to do some fender work depending on size of tire etc, but if you like the look and you can float the expense, it is totally possible... If you are gonna lower it, in this case I would do the rims and tires first and then see how much clearance you have left, then get a kit around that...

frumpy
12-16-2005, 03:30 PM
I dont really want to lower it as i will still be using the stock wheels for winter and its my everyday driver so i dont want speed bumps and driveways to be a pain in the ass

if i email you is it possible to get a quote, or even just a rough price for now, for the total cost of everything including tires with taxes and shipping to ontario (the rims i was looking at are $450 on the site but im not sure what tires i would need)

thanks for the help