PDA

View Full Version : US franchises

69cougar
12-16-2005, 07:56 AM
What US franchises would you like to see come to Canada?

Kirbs17
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Target maybe?

Melinda
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Victoria's Secret and IHOP (I know there are a few of these in vancouver, but one in Calgary would be nice)

hammock
12-16-2005, 11:36 AM
In and Out
Carl's Jr.

Raz2
12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Jack-in-the-box! I love their food :) They serve breakfast 24/7 and their breakfast sandwiches are tha shiznit!

- Rasmus

abyss
12-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Victoria's Secret for sure, but it would have to come to Alberta! I pay WAY too much on shipping now.

kaput
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM

sputnik
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I've heard that someone in Calgary already owns the rights to Victoria's Secret for Alberta. However they arent interested in opening one right now due to the heavy competition from La Senza, La Vie En Rose and Jacob (among others).

sputnik
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Taco John's
Hardees
Long John Silvers

natejj
12-16-2005, 12:08 PM
In-n-out burger!!!!!

You ever had a 6x6? Its like a CUBE OF MEAT! YOu have not lived till you have had a 6 patty in-n-out burger.

Melinda
12-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I've heard that someone in Calgary already owns the rights to Victoria's Secret for Alberta. However they arent interested in opening one right now due to the heavy competition from La Senza, La Vie En Rose and Jacob (among others). Those three chains dont hold a candle to the quality and overall apearance of the VS line. I dont buy shit from calgary anymore, I spend the ungodly shipping prices and beg people travelling to the US to get it brought back to me. I know many other women do it as well. I'm sure if the guy/girl who owned the rights opened a store then the money would start rolling in!

Chester
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
24 Hour breakfast:hitit: :angel:

kevie88
12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by natejj
In-n-out burger!!!!!

Hell yeah!!

Death to the person that stole the in 'n out sticker off of my 240!! :whipped:

Nav13
12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Old Country Buffet, plz.

Raz2
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by natejj
In-n-out burger!!!!!

You ever had a 6x6? Its like a CUBE OF MEAT! YOu have not lived till you have had a 6 patty in-n-out burger.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mmmm

:barf: <-- but it was worth it.

abyss
12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Those three chains dont hold a candle to the quality and overall apearance of the VS line. I dont buy shit from calgary anymore, I spend the ungodly shipping prices and beg people travelling to the US to get it brought back to me. I know many other women do it as well. I'm sure if the guy/girl who owned the rights opened a store then the money would start rolling in!

For sure, I have NEVER bought a thing at la vie, or jacob, there would be very little competition for VS in my opinion. Although part of me doesn't want them to open up cause then I'd have no money left :cry:

AD_Runner
12-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by abyss

For sure, I have NEVER bought a thing at la vie, or jacob, there would be very little competition for VS in my opinion. Although part of me doesn't want them to open up cause then I'd have no money left :cry:

Yes you would! VS always have great online / in store sales --- You just learn to shop smarter -- I have a store about 3 miles from me --

FatboyTheHungry
12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
BoJangles
Char Grill
Carl's Jr
Hardee's
Todai
Victoria's Secret
Nordstrom
Sak's
Fry's Electronics <---most of all.. :thumbsup:

Melinda
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Allende

Yes you would! VS always have great online / in store sales --- You just learn to shop smarter -- I have a store about 3 miles from me --
No I dont think you understand. April (abyss) was reffering to having one here would cost her all her money because it is more tempting and much easier to walk into a store and make a purchase vs. the internet. It adds an element of restraint when you have to enter all your info and confirm it and everything. Having one in the local mall would be too tempting, all internet or in store sales aside.

l8braker
12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
In and out or a Sonic. Right on the corner from my house :thumbsup:

BebeAphrodite
12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Those three chains dont hold a candle to the quality and overall apearance of the VS line. I dont buy shit from calgary anymore, I spend the ungodly shipping prices and beg people travelling to the US to get it brought back to me. I know many other women do it as well. I'm sure if the guy/girl who owned the rights opened a store then the money would start rolling in!

I also agree that I doubt those stores would even be remote competition if a VS came to Calgary. I know girls who religiously purchase from VS even though it's soo much more because it's from another country.
Considering how big VS is and the market for it, I personally think they're idiodic for not carrying all the sizes.

abyss
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM

eventually, yes, I suppose it would come to that, but it would take a while (like at least a year) for the novelty of having my favorite store there to wear off on me I think......;)

And Mel is right, usually I buy less online just cause it's such a pain and I can't try anything on. Heaven forbid I get the chance to try the stuff on.... :rofl:

AD_Runner
12-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I agree at first you would go crazy -- Just like most of us all did at first-- but in time you would manage it -- I go about once a week to the Mall / VS -- I don't always buy in the store anymore, because they have some outstanding buys on the internet -- I have gotten some stuff from the internet that I have NEVER seen in the store....

but I hope you get one soon --------- so you can have some fun fun fun -- :)

Altezza
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by FatboyTheHungry

Fry's Electronics &lt;---most of all.. :thumbsup:

:werd: :werd: Electronics store the size of costco! :thumbsup:

I'd also like to see:
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Paradise Bakery

Phy
12-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I've wanted White Castle ever since I saw that damn movie.

Just once. That's it. Then they can leave. Unless they're actually good or something.

szw
12-16-2005, 04:47 PM
None

BigDannyCool
12-17-2005, 04:27 AM
you girls sound like guys with electronics.

Gondi Stylez
12-17-2005, 04:37 AM
in n out
sonic
frys
cpk
vs
ihop
carls jr
hmm some others just cant think now

Godfuader
12-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by FatboyTheHungry
...Hardee's
...Nordstrom
Sak's...

:werd: What about White Castle?

DannyO
12-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Baja Sol Tortilla Grill
BurritoVille
Taco Del Mar
Salsarita's Fresh Cantina
La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill

:drool: :D

AD_Runner
12-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

When it comes to looking "Sexy" you bet--- and VS has so much that can make a woman feel soooooooooooo sexyyyy -- :thumbsup:

Melinda
12-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

When it comes to looking &quot;Sexy&quot; you bet--- and VS has so much that can make a woman feel soooooooooooo sexyyyy -- :thumbsup:
Everyone knows that lingere is more a treat for boys than it is for the girls! Boys shouldn't complain that we sound like the boys do with their toys! lol

DJ Lazy
12-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
Baja Sol Tortilla Grill
BurritoVille
Taco Del Mar
Salsarita's Fresh Cantina
La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill

:drool: :D

I'm guessing you went to all those when you were in Florida? :rofl:

As for me... IHOP for t3h w1n!!! :drool: :drool:

Impreza
12-17-2005, 02:17 PM
IHOP and Fry's would make me happy.

FatboyTheHungry
12-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

:werd: What about White Castle?

Never had White Castle so I don't know what I'm missing...

But a couple more places in Raleigh that I wish we had in Calgary:

4snd St Oyster Bay
Bahama Breeze
Don Murray's BBQ House

Mmmm... Don Murray's BBQ... :thumbsup: