PDA

View Full Version : It's Total Mayhem at Canada Post!

hockeybronx
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Another Christmas season and it's completely crazy over at Canada Post.

I've been waiting for a package and tracking it online. The latest event says my item was delivered to recipients address yesterday morning, but it's nowhere to be found here at all, not on my doorstep, not in my mailbox. Also called the post office and it's not there either. Who knows maybe the driver just left it on my doorstep and somebody came by the stole it from my house. Or perhaps the driver was confused and disoriented and delivered it to someone else's house.

From this experience I've learned two things:

1. Tracking numbers/ item numbers/ order numbers/ receipt numbers/ shipping numbers/ delivery numbers all mean absolutely nothing

2. I would definitely wait until after Christmas to bother sending anything of value anywhere.

Oh well, not a huge deal, anybody else had any trouble yet this season?

Foz
12-16-2005, 10:50 PM
I ordered a package from Quebec last week and I got it 2 days ago. (ordered last Friday and got it Tuesday -- well wasn't home so I had to pick it up at an office on Wednesday). It was shipped Xpresspost and got here in 2 days as expected.

The tracking # I had wasn't even updated properly. I knew of the delivery status half a day before they've updated the web page.

I heard on the news it's chaos via mail.

Isn't there insurance in parcel delivery??

Regardless, I hope you get your package eventually.

AllGoNoShow
12-16-2005, 10:55 PM
I got a First Class letter within 2 days, wasn't too bad although that was about a week ago now, probably hella busy now with Christmas parcels in the mail and such.

I'm staying away from ordering parts until the new year.

thinmyster
12-17-2005, 12:59 AM
damnit it... i just ordered parts :banghead: :banghead: im sure you'll recieve yours it'll just take a bit longer. but you should have credit card insurance or something of the sort

DelSoln
12-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Now you guys got me all paranoid about some car parts I ordered from Richmond yesterday. :nut:

RSeXy
12-17-2005, 02:16 AM
That happened to me too! I ordered some stuff and it said it was delivered already...yet I haven't gotten it!

What a piss-off! :guns:

abc1
12-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Oh man. I just sent some gifts yesterday and I was told it'll take 2 to 4 days to get to Canada. Now I don't know if it'll make if before Christmas. :(

Dave P
12-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Shit happens

Its the holiday season, you should know better and plan ahead.

you know CP is gonna be messed up.

/////AMG
12-17-2005, 03:10 AM
:werd: Every place will be busy. I fI have to send something. It's always signed/recoded delivery.

Hakkola
12-17-2005, 03:21 AM
:rofl: Finnish military sent me a letter 2 months ago, still haven't gotten it.

Though I don't know if I should blame the post office or the government.

AllGoNoShow
12-17-2005, 12:02 PM
hahaha Matt, now thats a slight delay :)

snowboard
12-17-2005, 12:10 PM
go fedex.
we rule :D

Foz
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Better than UPS

DJ Lazy
12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
go fedex.
we rule :D

Originally posted by Foz
Better than UPS

I don't like either of them... :rofl:

thinmyster
12-20-2005, 07:52 PM
bought two trim pieces for my car and ordered the day of or day before my first post and recieved them today :clap: :clap: ... I was happy until i saw UPS :cry: :cry: and their ridiculous 49 dollar shipping charge (on top of the shipping i already paid the buyer) :barf: :barf: :barf:

How do they sleep at night charging these prices?

the box was about 4inches deep 4 inches wide and a foot long and maybe weight 5 pounds :eek: :eek:

I have my struts being airmailed today :guns: :guns: :devil: