PDA

View Full Version : Marek Malik Overtime Schooling Goal!! SWEET!

toyboy88
12-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Check this goal out...hopefully not a repost! :D

http://media.putfile.com/marek-malik-schools-olaf-kolzig

crazy he's 6'6" 238lbs too! :clap:

dericer
12-17-2005, 11:01 AM
The funny thing is, it's against the rules technically.

The puck has to make forward progression at all times, and Malik pulls it back to shoot it.

The NHL is going to have revamp their rules, it could come back to bite them.

B20EF
12-17-2005, 11:06 AM
:repost:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111102&highlight=amazing+goal

Davetronz
12-17-2005, 11:51 AM
That is fucking sweet! Something I would only try in practice as I have stone hands...

toyboy88
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
:repost:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111102&highlight=amazing+goal

argh! knew that would happen...still a nice goal nonetheless :D

Originally posted by dericer
The funny thing is, it's against the rules technically.

The puck has to make forward progression at all times, and Malik pulls it back to shoot it.

The NHL is going to have revamp their rules, it could come back to bite them.

are you sure it's not that the skater has to be moving in a forward progression at all times, cuz on almost all shootout breakaways the players move the puck front, back, front, back (if you know what im trying to say) lol anywayz...

Davetronz
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Yea, its the skater who can not progress backward...

Moving the puck backwards as long as your feet are not moving backwards is completely acceptable.

Now if he had stopped, and backed up and taken another run at the goalie before shooting, that would be illegal and he would have been called on it.

dericer
12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Yea, its the skater who can not progress backward...

Moving the puck backwards as long as your feet are not moving backwards is completely acceptable.

Now if he had stopped, and backed up and taken another run at the goalie before shooting, that would be illegal and he would have been called on it.

Nope, it's the puck:

Excerpt from NHL Rule Book

The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the Team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee, play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent's goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line, the shot shall be considered complete.

Goblin
12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
The puck is always moving forward, just a change in velocity. Makes it ok.

rip
12-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Nope, it's the puck:

Excerpt from NHL Rule Book

The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the Team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee, play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent's goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line, the shot shall be considered complete.

Ya Kelly Hrudy was talking about this a few weeks ago. It is technically against the rules but it happens all the time. Players will pull back the puck to shoot etc.... I have a feeling they will be making some changes to the rulebook in the near future.

hockeybronx
12-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Regardless of the rules, I think everyone in that game was just happy it was over and that they could go home. Wasn't he like the 30th shooter in the shootout:nut:

The funny thing was how calm he reacted after he scored the goal... the dude has one goal all this season, those Europeans sure know how to hide their emotion!

R!zz0
12-18-2005, 10:31 PM
When i first saw it on the highlight reel i couldn't believe my eyes.
He took the underwear off outta that goalie.

lastprodigy
12-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0

He took the underwear off outta that goalie.

:confused:

bspot
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
The puck doesn't move backwards, it just doesn't go forwards as fast for a minute. The skater is moving forward, and the puck is moving slower than the skater for a moment so it goes backwards relative to the skater, not to the ice.

dericer
12-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bspot
The puck doesn't move backwards, it just doesn't go forwards as fast for a minute. The skater is moving forward, and the puck is moving slower than the skater for a moment so it goes backwards relative to the skater, not to the ice.

Watch it again, yeah it does.

SneakyNeek
12-20-2005, 09:58 PM
buddy i would hate to c u have any actual say in the game

there woundt be any fun left if your ass had any say

fucking dope ass goall:clap:

dezmarez
12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
haha that is the stupidist thing ive ever heard
its not illegal to do that
what they mean is exactly what Davetronz said
in the rule book its just worded weird
as long as the puck remains on his stick
and the player is moving forward
the puck is also considered to be moving forward
its just like calling on offside with the same thing
if you enter the zone before the puck you are offside
but if you enter the zone before the puck but have control of the puck on your stick it isnt considered offside

Davetronz
12-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Furthermore... If NHL 9x and 200x for console have taught me anything in life... SPIN-A-RAMMA's on breakaways and penalty shots are PERFECTLY legal :D

rip
12-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez

but if you enter the zone before the puck but have control of the puck on your stick it isnt considered offside

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ummmmm..............no.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by rip

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ummmmm..............no.

He's actually correct. A player that enters the opposing zone backwards but controlling the puck is considered to be onside. However, his teammates must wait for the puck to cross, not the player, to stay onside as well.

dericer
12-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
haha that is the stupidist thing ive ever heard
its not illegal to do that
what they mean is exactly what Davetronz said
in the rule book its just worded weird
as long as the puck remains on his stick
and the player is moving forward
the puck is also considered to be moving forward
its just like calling on offside with the same thing
if you enter the zone before the puck you are offside

Then why did Modano's PS get called back in the 98 playoffs?

Or LaFontaine's in 1988?

In the old NHL (which is Kelly Hrudy's point) that shot would be illegal.

I'm not saying I think it should be bad, all I am saying is, the rules got to be changed before a ref gets all holy and mighty and decides to call back a shoot out goal that might cost a team an important point.

dezmarez
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM

Then why did Modano's PS get called back in the 98 playoffs?

Or LaFontaine's in 1988?

In the old NHL (which is Kelly Hrudy's point) that shot would be illegal.

I'm not saying I think it should be bad, all I am saying is, the rules got to be changed before a ref gets all holy and mighty and decides to call back a shoot out goal that might cost a team an important point.

haha alright fair enough
lets just agree it was a sick goal haha

SneakyNeek
12-22-2005, 07:51 PM
who cares i hate kelly hrudy

B20EF
12-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
who cares i hate kelly hrudy

Seriously? He seems to have better things to say than Don Cherry. He always seems to make good points.

SI-vic
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by B20EF

Seriously? He seems to have better things to say than Don Cherry. He always seems to make good points.

nobody makes better points than brian burke
burke for prime minister

ryder_23
12-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

He's actually correct. A player that enters the opposing zone backwards but controlling the puck is considered to be onside. However, his teammates must wait for the puck to cross, not the player, to stay onside as well.

so if the puck is in the neutral zone on the attackers stick, his skates are both over the line in the attacking zone, this is not offside?

I have seen this called numerous times as offside. Curious to see where that is...